The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 62 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#181243 - 05/01/09 12:34 PM Re: jokes and activities for the grandchildren [Re: orchid]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sounds like a party in Sweden this weekend.

humlan, you kids and grands are blessed to know you are always on their side. That's a tremendous gift to them.

So, are you dropping him off at the party so you can get a feel for it? How does he know the kids in your twon? Isn't he from another town?

#181890 - 05/10/09 02:30 PM Re: jokes and activities for the grandchildren [Re: Dotsie]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Hi!!!

The party is real close by because they live fairly close to me. And his mom has ok´d everything..that´s the main thing! This is HER responsibility..not mine..as he has arranged everything while at home with her.

Now this week-end, I had my granddaughter. Had to pick her up after the movies..with a boy her age..10 yrs old. Now she changed plans on me..so I called her mom to check things out with her. And my granddaughter had already talked to her mom..so it was cool. I DID ask her mom (my daughter) if she knew the boy´s family..and she said that the father was a bit hazey and didn´t seem to get the drift all the time..as father´s can be at times..but that the boy himself was totally on the ball and said he would take of her little daughter. She was not to worry smile and so it was actually.

My granddaughter told me when I picked her up that they had been considering a movie that ended at 11 or 12 at nite. But they decided against it smile I doubt that I, grandma, would have gone along with that!!!! It ain´t easy these days. Or was it ever???

Anyway..yes, my grandchildren have time to be kids too..they go to school..and they have an absolutely wild and adorable little brother who keeps them on the level they should be. Life becomes like this when you are a pre-teen. Something between being a child and being older. It´s not an easy time..for anyone involved..especially for the kids themselves.

#181916 - 05/10/09 06:20 PM Re: jokes and activities for the grandchildren [Re: humlan]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Yes but look at the example they have before them. . .YOU Humlan! How can they go wrong with you in their lives now or as they get older.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#181939 - 05/11/09 01:23 AM Re: jokes and activities for the grandchildren [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
humlan, I find it cool that you are so involved with your grands. What fun to have so many people in your lives.

#182356 - 05/16/09 05:33 PM Re: jokes and activities for the grandchildren [Re: Dotsie]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Thank you Chatty and Dotsie!!! Your kind words mean so much..you know how it is..I tuck them away in a tiny part of my heart and take them out on rainy days..and in the meantime..they are glowing there gently.

Thank you!

#182370 - 05/16/09 07:42 PM Re: jokes and activities for the grandchildren [Re: humlan]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
What a beautiful sentiment, Humlan!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved