The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 210 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#178861 - 04/01/09 12:59 AM Bath vs. shower-for luxuriating, etc.
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I was just watching this HGTV on some top bathroom luxury designs. http://www.hgtv.com/bathrooms/12-bathrooms-we-love-from-designers-portfolio/pictures/index.html

Honest I just can't overly excited about having or using a bathtub. Sure one with jacuzzi option is great occasionally. Yes, we do have a bathtub.

I love taking showers, both for daily personal cleanliness and also for the times I need to luxuriate. I find it very efficient also to wash my hair and rest all in 1 sweep.

Note: Didn't live in a home with a shower head until after I left home which means in my early 20's. Once I got used to water running in my eyes...I now love showers.

#178883 - 04/01/09 12:48 PM Re: Bath vs. shower-for luxuriating, etc. [Re: orchid]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I do enjoy a good soak in a tub full of lovely scented water. But I always have to shower afterward! Weird, but I can't ever just get out of a bath without showering first. And then I feel guilty about using all of that extra water. So now I just take a shower most days. I LOVE the feel of water washing over me.

(Maya Angelou)

#178945 - 04/01/09 08:13 PM Re: Bath vs. shower-for luxuriating, etc. [Re: Eagle Heart]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
I lived in the woods for about 2 years -- we built a log cabin and had no power or running water. I used to heat water up on the stove and by the time I'd poured enough into the old bathtub, the water was cool.

I vowed to myself that if and when I ever made it back to civilization I would take a hot bath every single day. I did that for many many years, then stopped for a while and am now just returning to the ritual. To me, this is one of the greatest luxuries in the world -- warm water, soothing bath salts, low lights and maybe a good read.

(I'm taking a break now because I stubbed my toe the other day -- the left one, the side with the broken leg -- and cut my toe nail across the middle -- OW! But now I'm thinking maybe I should run a bath...)

#178955 - 04/01/09 08:51 PM Re: Bath vs. shower-for luxuriating, etc. [Re: DJ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Good idea DJ. And I'm with you. Baths are a top priority with me. They are what totally relaxes me at the end of the day. I probably take a bath 360 days a year. I take it at night. Eagle, then I take a shower in the morning and wash my hair. I use to wash hair every single day, but have cut back on that. It's just not necessary.

An absolute favorite bath is bubbles, of course, scorching hot water in the winter/a little cool in the summer, scented candle, and a glass of wine. Be careful not to drown! You'll feel like a dish rag when you get out. Then be careful not to fall!

Or, bubbles, great water temperature for the season, light and a good book or magazine.

Hot baths warm me up and take all the tension out of my shoulders.

In the summer, when it's hot and the air isn't on, I take a cool bath before bed and it must reduce my body temperature becasue I feel so refreshed and cool.

#178957 - 04/01/09 08:55 PM Re: Bath vs. shower-for luxuriating, etc. [Re: DJ]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Showeeeeeer!!! Only because I simply don't have the time to soak. I tend to fall asleep in the bath as well.

#178974 - 04/01/09 11:55 PM Re: Bath vs. shower-for luxuriating, etc. [Re: Lola]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I couldn't have said it better myself Dotsie. I do exactly the same thing except for being in the pool. Then I shower after getting out to rid myself of all that chlorine.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#178977 - 04/02/09 12:18 AM Re: Bath vs. shower-for luxuriating, etc. [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I LOVE tub bathing. But I just don't take the time.....even though I NEED them! Especially a shea butter and epsom salt bath. The shea, of course, for moisturizing. The Epsom salts for my old bones/muscles.

I think I'll take one tonight!

#179385 - 04/06/09 04:25 PM Re: Bath vs. shower-for luxuriating, etc. [Re: Di]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anyone have a hot tub? We've considered getting one in the past, but we really don't have a private enough back yard. It's a good thing. I'd probably live in it in the winter.

#179388 - 04/06/09 04:41 PM Re: Bath vs. shower-for luxuriating, etc. [Re: Dotsie]
Ellemm Offline

We have one and I love it. We bought it used from a friend and fixed up some of its innards. It's so nice, especially on a cold night, to sink into the heat and luxuriate.

#179431 - 04/06/09 11:39 PM Re: Bath vs. shower-for luxuriating, etc. [Re: Ellemm]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Seems like we only use hot tubs and jacuzzis --in hotels or in our fitness rm. for building...which for latter I haven't done for ages.

HMMM. Wonder if I have a hang-up. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved