The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 111 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#178446 - 03/27/09 08:34 PM Re: Can I play? [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
LOL!!! Dots, I certainly will. Ever tried french fried sweet potatoes, they are sweet and to die for!

When we lived in Illinois my youngest son Mark who was probably eight at the time and I use to stop at this fast food stand in Antioch, Il. and get a burger and fries. Well one day we were sitting with the guy who owned and operated the place and my son pops up and said, "you know what I bet would be good." The two of us looked at each other then at him and asked, "what?" He said if you made french fries from sweet potatoes. We both just kind of laughed it off but the next time we walked in, there on the menu was Sweet Tater Fries.

He said after we left he called his wife and she went and bought some sweet potatoes, he tried it and loved them himself so he added them to the menu and they were selling really well.

So from then on Mark and I got our fries for free, all we could eat too!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#178497 - 03/28/09 03:17 AM Re: Can I play? [Re: chatty lady]
Sportsfan Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hello all. Glad I've found a place to land. I'm reading the posts and lol. I needed this. You all are a welcome relief for me, and I love the positive encouragement. I will check this out weekly.

Thrashers - I like the Old Bay seasoning. I try to get a few of the fries before my teenagers down them. And yes, I'm in Maryland too!!

#178511 - 03/28/09 10:22 AM Re: Can I play? [Re: Sportsfan]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Weekly she says ...Hah...you'll be here almost every day. How do I know...'cause we're addictive.
A warm warm welcome to you. You'll be so glad you found us Sports.
That brings up a question. When and where are we meeting next Ms Dotster?

Chatty I invented wedges(large fries) Loooong before they came out. MY bro in law said I should patent them and I laughed.I was just too lazy to cut the potato into smaller strips!

I also invented ear cuffs cause my ears got cold when I walked. I had the prototype....And the patent papers ready to fill out when I moved to the USA. They are going for 19.95 pr in Canada now.

http://www.improvementscatalog.com/home/improvements/792923979-earpops-ear-covers-pair.html

oops looks like they are cheaper at this site.

You know what they say...(me slapping forehead) I shoulda got a patent!

Edited by chickadee (03/28/09 10:40 AM)

#178517 - 03/28/09 12:47 PM Re: Can I play? [Re: chickadee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Or you could of had a V8...

Chatty, we've been making sweet potato french fries down here in the South for as long as I can remember...and you're right...they are to die for!

I also love the fried pickles.

#178524 - 03/28/09 01:04 PM Re: Can I play? [Re: Lola]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Chatty,
I knew what you were talking about; just had to kid you a bit.

Dots,
I love fries with vinegar.

jawjaw,
I'm still not sure 'bout that PB, pineapple, mayo combo.

Lola, "tomayto tomahto", "potato, potatoe"; chips, crisps: cute!

Hevyn,
I'm jealous of that Ocean City location you have there. Enjoy.
Enjoy. Enjoy. Sounds like a little piece of Heaven, Hevyn!

#178553 - 03/28/09 06:07 PM Re: Can I play? [Re: jabber]
Hevyn
Unregistered

Yes, Jabber, it's lovely from Oct. to June, but then - not so much! The June Bugs (as they call the graduating seniors) descend on us and take over for the whole month. Of course, living in a resort town you just have to put up with the annoyances and enjoy the good part. If we could have a private place away from all the chaos it would be ideal, but we're in a condo right now.

New York State - that's probably where we'll end up when my husband retires. He's from Greene & my family was from Buffalo long ago. I love it there.

Chick is right, Sports - I am new, too, and find myself checking things out every day. Still haven't found my way around yet, but must make an effort.

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend. Raining and dismal here. frown

#178574 - 03/28/09 09:26 PM Re: Can I play? [Re: ]
Kathryn Magendie Offline

Loc: Western North Carolina
LAUGHING at the "smell" comment on the panty hose! haw! *grin*

I HATE panty hose and haven't worn them in years --well, except at a wedding last year, and I do wear opaque tights, but they're "looser" feeling....

What did I see someone had done with panty hose - dang it all, I can't remember, but it was pretty crafty/handy!

#178580 - 03/29/09 12:28 AM Re: Can I play? [Re: Kathryn Magendie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
This gal washes/bleaches them and then cuts them into strips and weaves them together, like braiding and makes front and back porch welcome mats. They are quite pretty when finished.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#178605 - 03/29/09 02:32 PM Re: Can I play? [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Hevyn,
So your family background is from these parts, hey. I live in
the suburbs of Buffalo and have my entire life. I'm out near
the Buffalo Bills, Raplh Wilson stadium, area. In fact, my brother, a retired politician, works for the Bills. And he loves
it. His town is where they are. My town is ten miles east of
there. But Western New York owns our heart and soul. The older
I get, the more I hate the snow and cold, however.

Fried pickles???? I never heard of fried pickles. Sweet potato
fries, I've done. But fried pickles? Now wouldn't that just
flip your bippie!

#178613 - 03/29/09 06:05 PM Re: Can I play? [Re: jabber]
Hevyn
Unregistered

Jabber, that's so cool. My mom was born in England but grew up in Buffalo. My dad grew up in Tonawanda, but we are talking ages ago. They moved to the Wilmington, Delaware area when I was little-but we use to visit his parents every summer, visited Niagara Falls & loved it. Not liking the snow so much now - would you consider relocating?

Chatty, I can't believe I'm actually contemplating making the pantyhose welcome mats. Found the instructions online. Somebody stop me!!

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved