The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 132 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#177701 - 03/20/09 10:39 PM Spiritual Conversations
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Do any of you widows here whether long term or short term find themselves carrying on conversations with their dearly departed?
I rarely speak to my first husband, we were young and only together 5 years. But to my second husband who I spent a wonderful 14 years with, nearly attached at the hip, LOL, I speak to him all the time carrying on whole conversations. He has been gone a long time and yet I still continue doing this. Even I think I'm nutty at times but it makes me feel much better and helps me (not sure how) come to the right answers.

Last night we watched our fsvorite movie and talked about favorite parts. I felt like he was right there with me. Am I nuts? Or do you do this too? I think I may be alone too much...but he is even with me in a crowded room filled with friends. You know whats really weird, its when I told him about meeting and marrying #3, I could feel him saying NO, NO, NO! I should have listened, he was right...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#177709 - 03/20/09 11:19 PM Re: Conversations [Re: chatty lady]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Nuts? No unless we all are. Chatty I am alone enough to start talking to myself or someone else and if it wasn't just yesterday that I thought about posting and asking the same question. I say out loud what I coulda shoulda woulda said or done.
Naw you're not crazy. My pup enjoys listening to me as I bet Rosie and Rita enjoy you.
Besides...you are "Chatty" aren't you? And I am a Chickadee...I'm tupposed to sing like a canary...

And I speak to my Mom all the time.

#177712 - 03/20/09 11:40 PM Re: Conversations [Re: chickadee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

You are a doll Chickadee and yes, Reeta and Rosee do seem to enjoy listening to my chatter. I wish you could hear how they talk back to me, no one can believe it until they hear it for themselves. The strange thing is we seem understand one another.

I have to return Sonny and Cher the purebred Pomeranian pups to their owner tomorrow, and have been kind of bummed out about it and of course mumbling away and my two seem to know whats happening and haven't left the pups alone for a minute since I spoke to the woman owner on the phone. Like they are guarding them, its amazing.

#177887 - 03/23/09 04:14 PM Re: Conversations [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I believe in spiritual conversations. I guess it's the same thing that you mean.

#177896 - 03/23/09 04:50 PM Re: Conversations [Re: jabber]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I have amazing conversations with Gary, even better than the ones we used to have when he was alive. Deep, funny, surprising, wise, intriguing and delightful. I've learned so much about life and living during these conversations over the past two years...maybe I'm nuts too, but he's taught me more about living since he died than I was ever able to grasp in my entire life. I believe there's a wealth of deep wisdom there that we can tap into, if we have the ears of faith to hear.

(Maya Angelou)

#177943 - 03/23/09 09:49 PM Spiritual Conversations [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I know exactly what you mean Eagle, as my husband Chet of fourteen years has done the same for me for so many years now.

I also would like to wish to you for your darling brother a loving thought on what would have been his special day today.

#177986 - 03/24/09 01:11 PM Re: Spiritual Conversations [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Sometimes when I pray, I ask The Holy Spirit to tell my adoptive
parents and grandparents that I love them. I really believe in
a spiritual connection with those who've gone on before. Don't you wonder how many folks' feel that way. I'll bet it's a high
number.

#178020 - 03/24/09 06:53 PM Re: Spiritual Conversations [Re: jabber]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I like to think it's my dad (who passed last Oct.) to whom I'm addressing myself, and from whom I seem to get 'vibes.' I believe he's helping me through the hurts. I mostly end up in tears, asking him to forgive me. I miss him so much, and my mom, too... and that's not having been a very important fixture in their lives. I have a hard time imagining how hard it is for you who were favored by your deceased parent(s). The pain of losing them must be astronomical.
We are blessed by being able to communicate, real or imagined, with loved ones who have passed.

#178022 - 03/24/09 07:03 PM Re: Spiritual Conversations [Re: gims]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Gims! I must apologise for not having offered my condolences in time. I did not know that your Dad had passed away a few months ago.

#178026 - 03/24/09 07:16 PM Re: Spiritual Conversations [Re: gims]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Gims, feeling guilt towards your father is most likely not necessary. Parents always understand and fogive. If the love is there, then the other stuff is no big deal. I can’t believe what my sons have said to me, which I have forgiven with a wave of a hand. Don’t be so hard on yourself. I speak to my father too. There were times in my life, when all was well, and I didn’t need to communicate . I usually turn to him for advice, or try to imagine his voice telling me what to do, when I’m at a crossroad. He was so very wise, and his fatherly wisdom is the most precious gift he has given me; … It will carry me along for the rest of my life.

There must be something, - really truly another dimension out there. Otherwise how could we all feel fulfilled when we communicate with our loved ones? It shows that everything does flow together. There is no beginning no end…it’s all a circle. I find comfort in believing that.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved