The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#172102 - 01/20/09 08:03 PM Re: My Dad [Re: jawjaw]
JackieG Offline

Hi Cathi,

Been reading your posts about your dad and yourself, and my prayers are with you. So hoping your dad can come into a period of peace medically speaking where he can enjoy life and you all can enjoy each other.

#172167 - 01/21/09 12:39 PM Re: My Dad [Re: JackieG]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
I went back to work yesterday. My dad is still in the hospital, but he is doing better. The doctor told us he will not release him until he feels my dad is ready. In other words, they want to keep him until he has a great recovery. They had to put him in the Cardiology ward, as a precaution, because of a heart murmur they detected. Evidently, it is not unusual for cancer patience to have this as a result of chemotherapy.

I have to say, I never thought I would see so much care and respect as I have seen in Bethesda Naval Hospital. It was so nice to see him treated this way. I had to mention this because of the bumb rap the military hospital gets all the time on the news. I am witnessing the complete opposite.

I'll keep you posted and I truly appreciate the prayers.

My eye is finally okay, I even put make-up on the other day and finally was able to give my dad a hug before I left. I never thought the pink eye could get so bad. As awful as it was, I look at the positive side to it. I was forced to get some much needed rest and I was on leave from work anyway. This is all a part of God's Mystery I suppose.

I love you all alot!

Hugs,
Cathi

#172169 - 01/21/09 12:47 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks for the update.

How's your mom hanging in there?

Welcome home.

#172322 - 01/22/09 06:44 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Dotsie]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
My thoughts are with your dad and the entire family.

I've been a nurse for many years and spent much time with those who faced the challenge of very serious illness. I'm glad your dad is doing what is best for himself, and that you two had a wonderful visit together.

May each day bring your dad closer to the fulfillment of his prayers.

#174827 - 02/16/09 03:33 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Josie]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Well, I received a call on Saturday from my aunt. The doctors haven't given my dad a good prognosis. They said he could have 2 weeks or 2 months. So I came to see for myself this weekend, and I am here. He is getting very teary eyed all the time and nostalgic. Last night, he really broke down and he couldn't take a step without getting long winded. His legs have given out on him too.

Anyway, even though my dad told me it wouldn't be necessary, I am going to go back home and pack for a longer time. I am trying to encourage him to take any little thing he wants to do and do them one at a time.

He told me he wanted his energy back, I told him I would do what I can to find out how we can make that happen and work on it.

I don't know what else to do or say...

I love you all alot!

Thanks,
Cathi

#174840 - 02/16/09 04:38 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Wisdom&Life]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Cathi,
Thank you for the update. You are so faithful to keep us posted with so much going on in your life. God love you! What wise advice you gave your dad and given the situation, I think what you said was absolutely fine. I really do.

#174861 - 02/16/09 05:46 PM Re: My Dad [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Cathi, use this time to affirm his life. SIt with him and reminisce. They love that. I don't know what his faith is, but some people like hearing scripture. Others love listening to peaceful music.

There's a great book called Final Gifts.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=the+final+gift&x=13&y=14

I recommend it to anyone helping a loved one die. Sorry to sound so blunt, but that's what you're doing. I pray it's a lovely time for both of you because it certainly can be.

#175283 - 02/20/09 09:30 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Dotsie]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
wisdome and life pm me and asked i pass this message on to you all in this thread as she was rushing to get back to work so i cut and pasted her relivant words below

"... Please tell everyone I am taking the leave indefinitely and that my dad is now in a hospice facility. Tell everyone I love them and I will try to post soon."

ther you go i gess she on the last bit of journey now with her dad, i sure you all hold her in your prayers.

#175468 - 02/22/09 11:18 PM Re: My Dad [Re: celtic_flame]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Of course I'll hold wisdom and life in my prayers. It is such a hard thing to loose a parent. Thanks Celtic for passing along the message - you're a good friend.
www.tidedancer.com

#175514 - 02/23/09 12:47 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Sandpiper]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
your welcome sandpiper and i happie she trusted me to pass it along. smile

i not sure if anyone else heer how she doing yet? i have't

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved