The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 90 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#176373 - 03/05/09 05:27 PM Re: prayers for poppie! [Re: Poppie]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hey Poppie how are you doing? Prayers are going your way. Have you been talking to Mountain Ash. I haven't seen her on here lately. I haven't been around much so I am just catching up with missed posts.

#176452 - 03/06/09 04:12 PM Re: prayers for poppie! [Re: chickadee]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Poppie, I pray the Holy Spirit lead, guide and surround you with comfort...

Love and Blessings,
Cathi

#176482 - 03/06/09 10:15 PM Re: prayers for poppie! [Re: Wisdom&Life]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
We are all here praying for and keping you close to our hearts. Close your eyes Poppie dear and feel us all near, holding you...
We love you and we care.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#176552 - 03/08/09 11:30 AM Re: prayers for poppie! [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
iv not seen mountain ash for ages either chick

think poppie should get heer and fill you in on little changises that been happenin of late . i try to remind her lol

i am heer with her untill ednesdy so that about a week or so.

we all meet with lola it was fun wink

#176903 - 03/13/09 12:12 AM Re: prayers for poppie! [Re: celtic_flame]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Hello Ladies, now that I have calmed down a bit from some bad news earlier I want to first of all thak you for holding me close to your heart and in your prayers. What a very special bunch indeed. That being said...I humbly come again to ask for yu prayers and support for parts of my family. I poste recently about getting in touch with one of my sisters who I have had little contact with for years,my older sister Siobhan(I am in constant contact with Sharon siobhans twin..
Sharon being the most outgoing sister and Siobhan being the more timid and withdrawn)
Siobhan has had a rough life and Sharon has stayed by her side despite choices Siobhan has made which divided the family in lots of ways. Siobhan was at home last Monday evening and upstairs with an electrician. Her two girls were in the sitting room downstairs with two school friends when three masked gunmen broke through the front door. They held the youngest at knifepoint after she screamed Mommy and the rest of the kids at gunpoint. Soibhan met the third gunman on her stairs and was hit by him. She was then locked in a small room upstairs with a gunman who told her that all they realy wanted was information about her partners boss as he was alledgedly up to no good. He got pistol whipped and then robbed. They left telling Siobhans partner to leave his longterm work, made heart shake hands with them, warned her not to get police involved and left.
Sharon eventually went over her head and phoned for her doc three days after the attack. She is now medicated(a mirical in itself as she would hardly tke a paracetemol..nor see a doc)and hopefully getting councelling.
I also learned through Sharon that my oldest sister is in hospital for detox from booze!!!
If there was ever a time that my family needed extra prayers it surely is now.
This act was perpetuated by the scum that I was posting about earlier for sure.

With Thanks
Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#177053 - 03/14/09 01:32 PM Re: prayers for poppie! [Re: Poppie]
celtic_flame Offline

hows you ttwo sisters now po shivie and E?

hows the kids ?

have you seattled any after this news?

its still a bit like a movie or a bad dream.

i would't phon shivie but i have been thinking of giving shaz a ring see what the craic is.

its the stuff like this that can't go to polic about and the news dose't get hold of that annoys the life outa of me about this countrie.
what a strong hold thes terrorists have over ordinary folks and as you knowen iv never been cool about that.

#177103 - 03/14/09 09:03 PM Re: prayers for poppie! [Re: celtic_flame]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Thuggery. That's what it is. Plain and simple thuggery under the guise of some political manifesto exclusive to the thugs. Even from such an ugly situation, one finds something to be thankful for in that, wounds heal and no one was killed. I pray all be well, Po.

#177141 - 03/15/09 11:28 AM Re: prayers for poppie! [Re: Lola]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Lola, they don't, nor ever realy have had a political manifesto, these thugs we speak off.
Those who have acheived an amazing time in Irelands history are well enough ready to stand tall.
Lola(n o), these wounds run very deep and if I had been given a quid for every time I heard that.......no one killed, yada, yada.

Celt, you know Shivvie will go mad if she even thinks you or me or anyone else know, better plan to phone Shaz she also will be delighted to catch up with ya soon!
As far as I know, Siobhan is doing what she is told for a change and for her better recovery. She has been offered cuncelling and if she goes...it may just help her from tipping over the edge. I am quite worried as she has had it pretty hard. Thanka again ladies for the continuing support.

Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#177142 - 03/15/09 12:08 PM Re: prayers for poppie! [Re: Poppie]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Quote:
Lola(n o), these wounds run very deep and if I had been given a quid for every time I heard that.......no one killed, yada, yada.

No offence taken, Po. But, we look at the alternative. That worse could have happened. And, because it did not, what we find is gratitude for that. Then, we try to make sense of the situation and ways out of it. How? I don't have the answers to that but, I know prayer helps. A lot.

Edited by Lola (03/15/09 12:31 PM)

#177158 - 03/15/09 03:07 PM Re: prayers for poppie! [Re: Lola]
celtic_flame Offline

lola your right the worst could have happend and has done on many occasion that they drop off thir message in a louder voice by killing the person, the message is to the man of the house boss he been ordered by the terrorist to quite his job, as its allegied the boss has some conections with drugs and selling them. Noble of the thugs eh! however IF the boss is conected with drugs its more liklie the terrorist profits have decressed as thyv always been involved in such rackets in order to generate funds for thir guns and materials and payoff etc.

do you know what i think the diffrense is over the last 10 yrs or so....just time and a diffrent name given to thse types of thugs orginisasion. Many of the now current terrorist groups members belonged to the older terrorist groups and thir higher in rank as an awfull lot of young are being recruted into the organisasions, if thir still recruting and people are wanting recruted thirs still a potensial future for the organisasion and thats whats chillin.

prayers are needed all around for this famlie and the murdered familie and even the recentlie murdered. (police was buried 2 days ago)if he himself wase't catholic the others side would be rataliating by now, then we'r in for a nice cyle of counter attaks.

anyway sorry this aint a political annonsement thread but prayers and as much as no one was killed the adults and kids are in a mess as well as shivie big big time.

Theirs other families in this situasion too at the moment, not with links like you will all have with poppie and it hits harder the closer it comes to home so to speek but thirs many more unreported crimes like this happening now. It be good if thy be remembvered too, after prayers for shivie , can't help being biased.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved