The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 222 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#173157 - 01/31/09 01:08 AM ZIP files, videos, megabytes, what???
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi, I am trying to send a video. It is about 21 MB. I use google email. The video keeps getting sent back to me as undeliverable, and that file size may be too large. So I compressed it, made it into a zip, and still, no go. Google FAQ does not tell me what to do to make it smaller. Help! I absolutely cannot edit the video, so how do I make it smaller to send via email. DD, you may know. Anyone? Please? Pretty please?

#173193 - 01/31/09 03:38 PM Re: ZIP files, videos, megabytes, what??? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Hi PL, I can try to help. What is the file format? Like with a Word document, it ends in .doc. With an image file, it ends in .jpg. What does your file end with?

Also, when it comes back, what is the exact error message you get?

And lastly, it could partly be the problem of who you are sending it to. Many email servers have a maximum file size to receive, not just send.

And if you can't get it to go by email, you can always burn it to a CD and mail it. Sometimes we forget the good old fashioned way! smile

Let me know the answers to the questions and I'll see if there's anything I can do.

K

#173195 - 01/31/09 04:04 PM Re: ZIP files, videos, megabytes, what??? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Don't forget about the free service, "YOU SEND IT" for large files. I find them invaluable.

YOU SEND IT

#173199 - 01/31/09 04:29 PM Re: ZIP files, videos, megabytes, what??? [Re: jawjaw]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
JJ, that's cool. I wasn't aware of that resource! You're so schmart! (now I don't have to clean the moat, right?)

#173213 - 01/31/09 07:16 PM Re: ZIP files, videos, megabytes, what??? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I'm not sure about this, but can't you play the video on youtube, and select either for public or for whoever you chose may see it? I also think it's for free.

#173318 - 02/01/09 08:11 PM Re: ZIP files, videos, megabytes, what??? [Re: Edelweiss3]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi. Thanks for the suggestions. It was an AVI file with 23 mg. My gmail will handle up to 20 mg, unless I subscribe to some service. So, I used the "Send It" link JJ provided. You can send files for free, or sign up for more services if you think you will use it a lot. You Tube private was a good idea too. All in all, I think I got it done! Yay! Where would I be without you?

Edited by Princess Lenora (02/01/09 08:30 PM)

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved