The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 70 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 26 of 28 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 >
Topic Options
#170463 - 01/08/09 08:40 PM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: seek]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Truce ladies...bringing out the white flag here...let's continue with this discussion in a civilized manner, shall we?

Thanks gal!

#170468 - 01/08/09 09:13 PM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Truth be told this is becoming a bore, same old, same old. It is your right to say what you think, BUT really, how many times must you say it???

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#170475 - 01/08/09 09:32 PM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: ]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
thanks Anne. I didn't think you were upstaging me. There's just a lot of violence in the country and the world, so it's to be expected that some of us will encounter it.
You are right, though, this discussion has gone far afield. Maybe there are other current events we can discuss, on a new thread!

#170490 - 01/08/09 11:50 PM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: DJ]
seek Offline

Loc: mother earth
i think the subject of racism is obviously a hot issue. some people don't want to think about it. some people don't want to talk about it.

some people do want to think about it and talk about it.

it really is okay to discuss things.

even if you don't agree with other people.

if people can't even sustain a conversation on an internet message board, how could people who are having real life differences ever expect to understand each other?

i am also curious about the warning. was it to the people who said they were board with the subject, or was it to my comment wondering what would happen if i jumped on another thread and declared i was bored, out of the blue.
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

dame julian of norwich - 14th century - mystic

#170497 - 01/09/09 12:40 AM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: jawjaw]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
Originally Posted By: jawjaw
Truce ladies...bringing out the white flag here...let's continue with this discussion in a civilized manner, shall we?

Thanks gal!

i hear you JJ it be nice for the white flages to come out and for some faire play to happen.

#170499 - 01/09/09 12:44 AM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

am I wrong but is their any compitison to a topic being discused or not?

As i understand it multipule topics can be discusses with no harm to any of the people in it or any other topic. So whats the problem?

If this topic bores or offens anyone, when theirs been no insults directed at them then why keep poking yourself in the eye if it hurts by keep reading. Take a brake and stop if it hurts you your missing nuthing.

#170502 - 01/09/09 12:49 AM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

ther has been a lot of tangents created in this discusion but ise't that the nature of discusions?

Some people feel their experincses weer relivant, important and ignored, hence the re issuing of their owen quotes from past post. Faire enough as those events do deserve some recognision.

thats one thing thats confusing me as some people are saying "our melting pot of people get along just fine" (thats a rough quote by me) weeras in the next breath others are talking about the KKK or being shout at or discruminated agenst becouse they are or have frends thats not acceptable to some.

To shoot at someones a big deal, to shoot at someone becouse of racial motives a stranger deal and fits with the general flow of the conversasion.

I don't see the same thing repeate over and over again by the majoritie of women as their been a whole load of talkers, talking about a vast and diverse set of life experinses and oppinions

#170504 - 01/09/09 01:00 AM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

seek

i will acknolage (for the 2nd time) that you weer misquoted and then a host of other people jumped on the mis quote. I don't know what coused the confusion (or intended malice) or why its being propogated again but their you go. What i read of what you said on that subject is being misused to reprisent you.

I would worrie about that as a newcommer and that people are just getting to know you and your trying to through yourself into manie discussion wholehartidlie.

without people creating and keeping subjects going then this forum would't opperate. I recognise your trying to find your feet and it take a time or two to get into the culture of this place.

again i recognise that you are a newcommer trying to sus this place out and learn or expand your knowlage on things via discussion, so keep on untill you do find your feet.

You will make mistakes at times becouse we all did when first heer. Thats not a crime or a critisisum of you by all means take your time to find your feet and your way around. Id like to extend heer now the welcome you first got when you arrived in the welcome post.

Id hate to see newcommers hounded off, or shut up, before they have a good chance and feel or meet manie of the women heer.
A potenial newcommer may be reading this and would they joine becouse of what they are witnessing?

#170505 - 01/09/09 01:02 AM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

thers 4 post in a row to diffrent people about diffrent things, i sure they be skimmed read lol but hopefullie the relivant people will read the bits their ment to read.

#170536 - 01/09/09 02:19 PM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: seek]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
DJ,
I didn't mean to slight you either. Those two incidents were
horrendous. I'm sorry you experienced such goings on.
Life responsibilities cause me to have a limited amount of time to spend here. Sometimes I rush through and read excerpts. And sometimes I miss things. Please except my apologies! Prayers and blessings,

Page 26 of 28 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved