The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 101 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 28 of 28 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28
Topic Options
#170835 - 01/11/09 04:48 PM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: chatty lady]
Mij Offline

Originally Posted By: chatty lady
Thats my personal opinion Mij, and if you are so interested in everyone having their opinions heard then there should be no problem with mine either, right??
Not when you stop expressing your opinions on the subject and instead post comments meant to shut the subject down.

Quote:
Or do I see yet another underlying double standard?
The underlying double standard that you see is one that is too often the case here - certain members speak their opinions until they don't agree with what is being said, and then suddenly others' opinions are taken personally, disparaging remarks are made and the attempt is on to shut down the thread, which in itself intimidates others from posting.
Quote:
Anno is never argumentative or hurtful, she is honest and sincere and there in lies the difference between her and some others just talking to hear themselves.

I am referring to this thread only, not to any others or what somebody is saying in others. I have no interest in those other threads, but I do in this one.

#170866 - 01/11/09 09:19 PM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: Mij]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
There, now we have both expressed our feeling on the subjects Mij. I am cool with that. As far as anything said by me being meant to shut a thread down, thats just silly. Yes, I hate when a thread hurts people but we are all adults here and can make our own decisions whether to engage a topic or not. People have agreed and disagreed with me from the very first month I became a member here. No harm! No foul! It's just conversation, nothing personal.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#171063 - 01/13/09 04:03 AM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: chatty lady]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
The father of a friend of our family was murdered this weekend after he had served the 80% black community of Chester PA for many years. He operated a bus-deli to provide the area with food and dry goods since there was no supermarket in the area and most people had no cars to get groceries elsewhere.

He was beloved by just about everyone and I can see no rhyme or reason why anyone would rob and kill this kindly gentleman for a few bucks.

Although he was warned about the rough neighborhood and was robbed there before, he had been a cop, he had been in the Navy and he had been in the Peace Corp. All he knew was how to serve.

I see no racial hatred here, yet I wonder about how little respect his killer had for human life.

I have a prayer request and more about the life of this wonderful man in our prayer request section.

#171079 - 01/13/09 12:55 PM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: Josie]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
your saying it was just about cash and not racial i think your probablie right.

prayers of course for the loss of anyone especallie hard to tak on boared as you say he was a kind man who served a lot of people all the more sader.

#171091 - 01/13/09 04:15 PM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: celtic_flame]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
It's hurts even more when someone was an angel on earth.

#171604 - 01/16/09 10:06 PM Re: Racism Sucks... [Re: celtic_flame]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
Originally Posted By: celtic_flame
your saying it was just about cash and not racial i think your probablie right.

prayers of course for the loss of anyone especallie hard to tak on boared as you say he was a kind man who served a lot of people all the more sader.

Thank you for your kindness. Chester is a city of empty boarded up stores and abandoned buildings. The poorest of the poor and the roughest of the rough live there. Abe, once a graduate of the prestigious Wharton School of Business, did not use his education to fly over the heads of this neighborhood to explain them. He was Peace Corp literally and figuratively. He was the hood's traveling supermarket in a place which had none.

Though robbed more times than he reported, he kept coming back to serve those in dire need of his service. The danger was always there, but he did not want to fail those he came to love. Until the day 6 metal bullets filled with greed and hatred ended all that.

I went to his service this week and was very touched at the many people who came to pay their last respects: rainbow people, grown-up hippies, firemen, cops, businessmen, students, family, friends, and many who came to know him through his work.

Like this editorial says, Abe was part of the solution. There will never be another like him.

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2009/01/15/opinion/doc496eb6f761a16772138852.txt

Page 28 of 28 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved