The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 199 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#171386 - 01/15/09 02:03 PM Re: end of days [Re: jabber]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
This reminds me of a book I read in high school. It was called "Waiting for Godot" and it had a profound, life-long impact on me. Essentially the entire book is about two people who spend two days waiting for this character Godot to arrive, but he never does. (For more info, just Google Waiting for Godot, or see this link for a quick overview http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waiting_for_Godot).

At the time that I read the story, it was long, arduous and extremely frustrating...but it didn't come even remotely close to what would become my own life experience of forever waiting for my own Godot, "Godot" being representative of whatever it was I was waiting for at the time. When you put all of those waiting periods together, they add up to an astounding waste of time. Hindsight can perhaps say it wasn't totally wasted because it taught me something, but I spent far too much time waiting for my life to happen and not nearly enough time living it.

It's still hard to break free of that waiting stance. Especially when having to deal with circumstances that are in large part beyond my control to fix or change. But now I try to distance myself from the wasteful futile way of waiting, and try to turn any waiting into fertile ground, using the time to grow, evolve, learn, and discover new creative ways to think myself into more joyful moments.

I like being here and now. I like and choose to stay in the moment and if this moment requires any sort of waiting for anything or anyone, I read, pray, exercise, play on my Wii, come here to BWS to chat...whatever it takes to take the worry and stress out of waiting and turn it into LIFE and LIVING.

(Maya Angelou)

#171465 - 01/15/09 07:07 PM Re: end of days [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle and jabber, I couldn't agree more. Carry on and live life to the fullest. I recall the Y2K thing. We were so busy with our kids, just living life, we didn't have time to listen to all that.

#171501 - 01/15/09 11:48 PM Re: end of days [Re: Dotsie]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i missd out on the 2ky thing i though it was only ment o mess up our computers lol good job i din't get it then, mind you then i was still waiting on 2012 lol.

this crakes me up becous eits the seconf post iv imagined you giggling and grinning over, which has me ginning...... elsewhere, in another dimension of awesomeness! LOL, book my seat plse, iv my multidiminsional case packed lol.

good point and attitudes to life, i did want to know becouse i wanted a 50 ince plasma tv and din't want to have to pay back the hire purchise on it ....i din't... but... now i think about it lol.

seriouslie now, thanks and it is a good way to live life instead of wonderring what all the fuss is about or what everyone else know that i don't. when they might not know anything anyway

thanks for taking the time ladies smile

#174854 - 02/16/09 05:32 PM Re: end of days [Re: celtic_flame]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
What will happen in 2012?

I'll be older...but still cute. And.........probably still fluffy.

Other than that, I'm staying in the NOW.

#174901 - 02/17/09 12:19 AM Re: end of days [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Nostradamus says the world will end as we know it in 2012. It seems all cultures calendars stop on that same year. Weird? You betcha!!! So fare to date every prediction he has made has come true, every singloe one. People are getting nervous. I say if its going to end in 2012, it is, and nothing we do will change that, so enjoy the heck out of what time we have left.
Someone pass the chocolate cake will you?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#174909 - 02/17/09 02:16 AM Re: end of days [Re: chatty lady]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I hadn't really paid much attention to this, but I've just spent a little time researching it, and it appears to all be in the way people choose to translate the quatrains. Here's a link I found interesting:

http://listverse.com/miscellaneous/top-10-prophecies-of-nostradamus-debunked/

#174922 - 02/17/09 03:35 AM Re: end of days [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
celtic_flame Offline

with prophisises and translasions its hard to prove one way or another. I also know a lot of phrophises are or can be symbolic so interpritasion can be misleading from the one prophisising. One wee example i am gonna describe.

as for twin towers and what happend that week a lot of people weer nervious and felt the feeling of doom, ....within a certine church i was attending many had inicale picked it up and perhapps some weer influensed by others but thir was a very strange feel that week.

Imidiatlie after the disaster many could't work (in any psychic or spiritual way) as it was like standing in middle of a psykic hailstorm. The concisousness of people around the world, via media was shocked and changed. Energeticalie it was painfull.

I phoned a few frends in incresing panic and if po remembers i described it for the 2 weeks then more paniced the last week "as an opera that hade't reached its climax" then settled to waite to see what was happening...their was nuthing operatic in its nature it was just me trying to describe the feeling of incressed tension. That lead me back to the church to find out what was happning, with some feeling the same way, phrasing it diffrentlie but the same way. The tension broke into chose when the media flashed the news around the globe.

I am not sure any one pricicly pinponted the twin towers, so all the phrophisising was wrong.....and it was apart from the feeling of doom and "something" was gonna happen. Thats the only bit that stands up. I haden't in all of about 10 yrs heared anything like it happening at the church. So i hope thats an example of how hard it can be to prisilie say xyz is gonna happen.

so i do not know about nostradamise, just can't say and his wrtting is typicalie vage and open to interpritasion as is the basic problem with prophises.
unless its timed, dated and described so much else can be read into it and often only understood (if at all) with hindsight. Makes it a bit useless eh!

#174923 - 02/17/09 03:48 AM Re: end of days [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Originally Posted By: chatty lady
Nostradamus says the world will end as we know it in 2012. It seems all cultures calendars stop on that same year.

I am asking chattie who the other cultures so i can go looking at evidense myself.

can you name those cultures? As iv hearted it said so many time as well yet can't find them myself. Some people say its a falt in time recording systems others say its quite intencanal...others say its becouse time as we know it will change, so its the birth of a new time a new age. thats what i am hopefull about.

i have been told irelands gonna sink. All i feel is fear about it which distortes everything, iv lost abilitie to be subjective and all i will feel is a distorsion around it when i think or meditate about it. I have a big lack of ability to formulate long term planes, it mounth by mounth if i am luckie. Its never before been this way inmy life so the newness pussles and confuses me. I also know all we can count on is a moment by moment existense so perhapps i evolving in a way thats ment to be but it spooking hell outa me.

I always thought it ws a spiritual shift that was commin and all one needed to have was a turning to spiritual ways to solve current and future and then delemeas was a spiritual attitude and be---ing in the world. I reallie hope that that is all thats needed and all this physical ment to be troubling stuff is just us looking for conceret solusions to stuff we feel but what should be solved in a spiritual way.

so living for todays great and how it should be but i'd still like some long term hint lol.

#174924 - 02/17/09 04:00 AM Re: end of days [Re: jabber]
celtic_flame Offline

WISDOM AND LIFE.... if you read Dolores Cannon, what do you think of her and what your take on it...

i did look her up and your right i would like her but thers much information and many of her archives to go throug.

thanks for the link anyway...but have you read stuff she says on this and what she saying nostradamsus is saying?

#174948 - 02/17/09 03:18 PM Re: end of days [Re: celtic_flame]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
When it ends. It ends. I like the idea that Jawjaw will still be cute and fluffy, though.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved