The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 103 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#170877 - 01/11/09 10:13 PM Re: What color do you favor when you dress? [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Most of my slacks and skirts are black, probably to camoflague the big bottom, LOL! But I love and have tons of shades of lavender and teal blues. I also like a crisp white outfit for summer time...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#170913 - 01/12/09 01:03 AM Re: What color do you favor when you dress? [Re: chatty lady]
JackieG Offline

I wear mostly black and dark blue slacks, because they are slimming...

for tops though, my favorite colors are red (and red looks really good on me) and hot pink and pink - I have a lot of these color tops in my wardrobe - but honestly I love all colors of the rainbow...

Edited by JackieG (01/12/09 01:04 AM)

#171068 - 01/13/09 09:08 AM Re: What color do you favor when you dress? [Re: JackieG]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
My color mantra is "black, white, and anything bright." With olive skin, I look best in red derivatives and clear colors, although I love animal prints since forever.

Favorites: orange, turquoise, black, white, red, french vanilla, purple, fuchsia, hot pink, sunny yellow, coral.

Kiss-of-death colors are royal, denim, navy, mustard, beige, sage, anything muddy or gray.

I wear arty or bold prints but nothing cute.

I know what this says about my personality -- SPLAT!! -- but if I've missed anything in that word, you're free to add. smile

Poet and essayist

#171075 - 01/13/09 12:08 PM Re: What color do you favor when you dress? [Re: meredithbead]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
It's funny how when I think about it, some of my choices have changed.

I prefer rich color, like teal blues, greens including yellow green (chartreuse -- I love that one), reds-purples-bright pinks, gold, brown and black. I don't think I look good in yellow, gray, mauve, white, many blues, or pale colors in general. Some prints work okay, especially on a dark background.

#171113 - 01/13/09 06:28 PM Re: What color do you favor when you dress? [Re: DJ]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Chatty, m'lady, you dres like you have been in entertainment. You know that black is the best way for your personality to come forth without complication, yet protect you so you are following your life's work.

Jackie, you might want to know that hot pink is Spring's color of choice. You will find it in many hues this season. This is because of the nations willingness to open up to a new president and hope for the best. It is also saying that India, which loves pink and red, is growing in the world economy, in education and in every way. Your choice of red shows confidence and a need to be heard in what you do. You are a bit fearless and that is a good thing. We only have to fear fear itself. You love a challange and will not back down for one. Watch what days you wear red and you will see that you wear it when you are feeling very sure of who you are. You are a brave woman.

Red is India's Black. It is worn as much as black in America in India. But red here is a statement colour. This should change, I feel.

Meredith, you are a colorful personality with artistic tendenceis, as we already know. You are not a mess, you are a controlled mess and that is an art. You put yourself together for your own sake and not for others. The jeans you wear are to put you into the slot you must be in to make your living but your other colors and accessories are to make you Meredith with a capitol M. You bore easily and will find stimulas if you feel the slightest bit like you are unchallanged or unentertained. You are entertaining as youself as well. You are fun to talk to and will have many friends of many ages, but only a few really close ones. Bravery is also your trait with your love of brights, and you would die in the drap colours so you mean business when you do business. You will insist on your friends being brave and taking challanges and will accompany them along the way if they do. You have faced the evil and survived so you are fearless for that reason as well. Some may find your way of dressing fickle and without an ability to commit, but they would be wrong for you can commit to controlled chaos, what you need to be happy in the world.

DJ, you have been in the higher areas of great art and show that with your fashion choices. You like luxury and will show luxury no matter how much you spend on your clothes. You care how they feel, what the fabric is and how they sit on your body. You dress as an art rather than a duty. Jewel tones show an appreciation of fine arts and they are a rather different choice than many women. You are washed out in pastels showing a powerful personality and some skin tone or tan to your skin. You mix colors well and would do with some mustard in your wardrobe to really kick your artistic way of dressing into high gear. Try using scarves in winter to add another jewel colour to an outfit. Make the scarves a bit of an investment so you only need a few and so they work to upgrade each thing you wear.
Thick fabrics will suit you in winter and you will shine in them. You might try some forest green pants with mustard sweater and a deep purple scarf of some nice material. You would look best in non patterned fabrics to allow the artist in you to come forward with no distractions.

Dancer, things to try.

Edited by dancer9 (01/13/09 06:29 PM)

"Question your privilege"

#171134 - 01/13/09 08:46 PM Re: What color do you favor when you dress? [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I feel las though we're all getting our palms read. This is a hoot.

#171149 - 01/13/09 11:27 PM Re: What color do you favor when you dress? [Re: Dotsie]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
When I'm out of my scrubs, which, by the way, are quite stylish! There are millions of colorful and nice scrubs now.....I love pink, especially the dark pinks. Everyone has always said how much they're my colors. It's funny though that my hubby has remarked how nice deep greens look on me. I had never thought about it and do not have a lot of greens at all. I should have my colors done again, it's been years!

#171229 - 01/14/09 03:25 PM Re: What color do you favor when you dress? [Re: ladyjane]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
it dose dose't it dotsie, i am a scorpio and a chines monkie, this seems fun and scarie.

i have mixed purpile and burnt orange, what dose that mean? In fact i wanted to get married in purpile with bo, and din't get my way if some of you rember.

if formale then to the T, or work weer have to be tidie i am fussie with being smartne. Have to be i gess but id cghose to be anyway. Casule its jeans and shirt, t-shirt or cut off with open shirt (yes i still do that lol)

i like cuddlie cloths, cotton, leather, soft denium, viscouse silk ones id want to touch i don't like synthetic materials as they make me itch limites my choice but not to keen on wearing them anyway.

favourite coulers are turquise, purpile, mid to light blue, black i don't ware coulered trousers apart from jeans their dark to medium blue never light blue and black. never prints but some printed t-shirts, words or a smart saying lol. silver cross with some veloure that light gothic style, clasic white shirts. Strong coulers but not necasarily bright if that makes sense its shades thats what i think i am saying.

. I don't like pastile colers, probablie never worn one.
Boots not shoes on 95% of the time.

burnt orange top with camel duster coat, bit too big for my shirt. I took a phase of wearing yellow shirts or a certine other type shirts then never have them on again. I chose cloths, style materials to fit my mood so its a feeling thing but i not too sure what its says to others.

#171253 - 01/14/09 07:28 PM Re: What color do you favor when you dress? [Re: celtic_flame]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Dotsie,
Not a character is placed on television or in movies where their colors are not worked out in advance to "say," what they want the character to convey. Because I have been outfitted SO many times, as can be seen on my site, I learned quite a lot about dressing people and types. The "colors," that are done by some people are just a simple base to go by. In truth, black can be worn by a blonde, etc... The actors astrological charts are done and the name of their charcters "numbers," are done as well to make sure the "fit," the show and the character that is being played. Also, their personal religious feelings are asked so they may derive from that how the actor will play a role. It's all a science and it works, I see through it in everything I watch now.

It is fun, and there are suggestions I can make to help people say what they want in clothing. it's just something I picked up on the job...

Anne: You dress very safe and it's possible that your job or your lifesytle require it! You dress very American and that is also a good thing at this time in our countries history. The addition of silver though says a lot about you. Silver says that you are not "just one of many, or one of the crowd." If you have little money for clothing, I suggest that when you can afford to buy a piece, buy a "piece," something that changes your wardrobe, can be worn with everything including jeans and that "says," something about who you are. Spend the money you can, do not scrimp when you finally can buy a piece because every piece you do wear makes a difference with a small wardrobe. Allow yourself to explore a store no matter what amount you have to spend and look for a LONG time until you come to that piece that is just PERFECT for you and that you cannot live without. It's not too hard to dress on a tight budget if you take care in what you buy. Buy to build for the future, for who you want to be and where you want to be. If you have little money for clothing, try resale shops for accent pieces, jewerly, scarves, light and heavy, and such things that change your "look," without breaking the bank. IF you buy resale, the same rules apply: do not buy it unless it says, looks and yells "you!" If you need help to locate a store, ask friends you see wearing something that interests you where they got it.

( It is normally no ok to ask a person where they got their clothing for they may be embarrassed to say. However, if that person is your friend, that rule may be broken, use disgression!)

Lady Jane, I work now, in an E.R. so I know that scrubs can, indeed, be creative. Your color choices say exact things about you. You are for LIFE. You are a happy person but you are STRONG about your open heart. You wear a deep, blue pink so your heart is open but it is also stronger than many. You have been through some emotionally trying times and emerged fully recovered and wiser. You have much you may teach to others in your field! You show, again, that you care about life, with the green scrubs and your avoidance of pastels say that you are in control, which you must be in your position. You may try a purple, a deep, jewel purple and see how you feel in it! You are creative, and probably have a creative hobby or an artistic one, if you look or if you do. You are also unique at work, people know you, they have been allowed a glimpse into your inside workings and you feel that you are strong enough to show that. Do you wear patterned scrubs? If you do, that would change some of the reading of your clothes...

Celtic, you are quite creative, enlightened regarding your own emotions and have a unique, by comparison to others, belief system. You are not afraid and a brave person. You consider yourself a person before you are a woman. You take the high road as much as possible and probably have affirmations or rituals to make sure that you do. You stive in life to impove it by growing as a person and by trying to help others grow. If you wear orange and purple together you are open to all cultures and find them interesting. You need for fabrics that are natural or comfortable say that you are sensitive, very sensitive in your personal life. It also says "artist," again. To feel the fabric on your body says either that you have pain inside or outside that you are trying to fix. You also have good taste and are considered a good judge of art. You probably live in a hodge podge of art and things that have special meaning to you and will display them no matter what otehrs think. You live your life by your rules and yes, you can tell you have a young child around you.

Dancer, hope that helps. If you'd like to change something, just ask! Pardon my typo's and other problems with writing. I just get on a role as to what I've learned and start to type!

Edited by dancer9 (01/14/09 07:31 PM)

"Question your privilege"

#171320 - 01/15/09 12:33 AM Re: What color do you favor when you dress? [Re: dancer9]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
So interesting, dancer! Yes, I wear patterned scrubs....pink ribbons, swirls in black and white, pink flowers with black, etc. My occupation is in hospice but I do wear bright....in fact, I wear a seventies-ish bright flowers....blue, brown with brown scrub pants and people get a chuckle!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved