The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 181 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#17039 - 11/05/05 05:52 AM Re: What do you do for exercise?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
If you have to walk around it does...shoping whats that? I am a catalog junkie myself. Brat, what, what line is that Ms Sherri??? [Confused]

[ November 04, 2005, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#17040 - 11/06/05 06:18 AM Re: What do you do for exercise?
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I don't know where I read this, but it was Dianne saying how she lost her butt and then found it on the back of her thighs. I saw that post after I wrote the above one about exercise for the buttocks (gluts). I LOL: seems we all have a similar problem, probably except for Meredith cause she's been working out since 1976 and who started this topic? I saw Dorothy Hamill on the Today Show skating in a skimpie skirt and you could see her arm muscles and back muscles and her butt was in the right place. Oh, how I envy those athletes and their agile, fit, properly placed bodies. Do I have to wait until the next lifetime to take better care of my body and to be fit? Or is there something I can do now? Walking doesn't seem to be enough. It does not show any increase of muscle strength, although it is good for balance and stamina. I don't want to join a gym, but I am okay with working out at home.

#17041 - 11/06/05 07:27 AM Re: What do you do for exercise?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
To the Divine Ms M....

Okay, let me see if I get this straight Ms M.
I can go work out, do all the exercises in the world, but if I'm in menopause, which I am, these tires I'm carrying around all day ain't going nowhere. In other words, it won't do a bit of good because all of my Aunts had the same thing?

I'm doom to be fluffy. Well, if that don't beat all. Boy am I glad I never started working out then. Trixie, pass the Oreo's...

JJ

#17042 - 11/06/05 07:29 AM Re: What do you do for exercise?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
p.s. when I tried walking, I could feel my butt hitting the back of my legs and funny sounds were emitted...flap...flap... flap... flap..., the faster I walked, the lounder and closer the sounds.... flap,flap,flap,flap...

I can't win... and all because I had fat Aunts.

Life just isn't fair, is it?

JJ

#17043 - 11/07/05 08:37 AM Re: What do you do for exercise?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
HA!!

So you thought it was your butt muscles flapping huh?

Actually that flap, flap noise was one of the chips chasing you in his flip flops. He was soooo disappointed that he didn't catch you too.

He says he had a big SMOOCH for you.

Oh well, you cruise you lose.

smile

#17044 - 11/07/05 12:42 AM Re: What do you do for exercise?
author from Maine Offline

I also started Curves about a month ago. Since I spend lots of time sitting I know that's not good for me. Curves forces me to get off my butt and move around. Since each exercise only lasts for thirty seconds, I can handle that [Razz]

They charge thirty dollars per month and there's a sign-up fee. But if it'll keep me healthy, then it'll be worth it. If anyone is thinking of joining, check because they have a promotion going on for three days later this month which waives the sign up fee if you bring in a Turkey, or maybe that's just in my area.

Anyway, there's never a deal whenever I decide to do something!

Diane

#17045 - 11/07/05 01:51 AM Re: What do you do for exercise?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The best I ever felt and LOOKED recently was when uusing the very low impact Gazelle machine. My butt and thighs were tightening noticably and so were my upper arms but I bought mine second hand and it broke, now I know why they were selling it....Well now (2 months later)my butt and upper arms are flapping again. I need to get a new one but don't have the dinero so i'm waiting till Home Shopping channel has a special on the Tony Little Gazelle....this thing works and I want one NOW!!!! [Eek!]

#17046 - 11/07/05 02:02 AM Re: What do you do for exercise?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Chatty, those are exactly the areas on me that have toned and tightened just from brisk walking. And it's freeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

#17047 - 11/07/05 04:32 AM Re: What do you do for exercise?
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I walk, and my butt and thighs still flip flop. I need toning. Curves for only a dollar a day? That's not too bad. And a 30 second exercise is good for me because I get bored quickly. One of my problems with yoga is that it moves so slow. Do you curves girls really like it?

#17048 - 11/07/05 06:54 PM Re: What do you do for exercise?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lynnie, I was a Curves fanatic for about a year and a half. I loved how I felt while doing it. I could also tell a difference. I felt so strong, but then my legs began cramping a little on occasion and I think it was the machines. I got out of the routine of going and haven't been since June. I'm still (like an idiot) paying my monthly membership. I either need to cancel, or get my flapping butt back there.

The atmosphere is so much fun. I found all the members to be very down to earth and super friendly.

How close are you to Curves?

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved