The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#175751 - 02/25/09 08:20 PM Re: My Dad [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Dear Cathi,

from Edelweiss

#175761 - 02/25/09 09:41 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Edelweiss3]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Thank you very much! I know I could rely on you. I had to go with my brother today to the funeral home and make the final arrangements. We have to wait until March 11th to have the funeral. He is being buried in Quantico in full military regalia. This is what he wanted.

Anyway, I am planning on having a memorial page for him in a few days and I will give you the link to it when it is up. I have to drive to Blacksburg tonight to take my daughter back and to get my things. When I came to my parent's, I was only going to stay a couple of days because we thought my dad had at least a week. I didn't see the need to drag three weeks worth of packing with me last weekend for only 2 days with my granddaughter and all her things...

Anyway, I am hoping to be able to build the site in a couple of days. My mom has my aunt with her while I am going to be away. I don't know how to explain this, but I need a couple of days away from all this and my mom has urged me to go. I will be much better for her when I get back.

I am so touched by your prayers and I am so touched by your friendship here. I especially am in awe of the hospice program and this hospice center. I am saddened as well, that it does not get the recognition it deserves... I hope I can, in a small way, change that!!!

I love you all alot!

Hugs and Blessings,
Cathi

P.S. Dotsie or Jawjaw, you can go ahead and close this thread whenever you are able to. I am going to treasure this journey for the rest of my days!

#175766 - 02/25/09 10:19 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Wisdom&Life]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
just before you close it i wanted to jump in with hugs and condolenses too. in case ya cume back to it later, even afteer its closed maybee just to read.

i agre with the idea of peace for you be a great gift and the permision you and your mum gave your dad is love as its most ideal.

and enjoy your time to yourself for a few days without gult, you be more refreshed and ready to take on the rest of your duties.

biggest hugs. xx

#175825 - 02/26/09 01:38 PM Re: My Dad [Re: celtic_flame]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Dads are special. I'll bet, jawjaw, there are a lot of daddy's
girls on this site. Memories of my adoptive dad, keep me going
many, many days. I feel your pain, Cathi!

#175838 - 02/26/09 04:13 PM Re: My Dad [Re: jabber]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
It's so hard losing a parent. I'm saddened by this news. Take care of yourself during this mourning period.

#175901 - 02/27/09 11:24 AM Re: My Dad [Re: jabber]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
I really didn't realize the amount of support I had here until now.

It's the third day and I am starting to fill the void even deeper now. It's sad indeed, I really miss him very much.

I finally put together a memorial page for him. My writing isn't the best and when I tried to proofread the contents, it's reminded me of an elementary school level.

Oh well, check it out and see how handsome he was in his youth. I use the youth pictures because I believe when they are on the other side, they are back or at least close to this age. My Dad - Jim Overcast

The background music I used was Johnny Mathis Wonderful Wonderful. Before he stopped talking, his response to everything was "Wonderful"

I went to Starbucks today and bought the CD with the Swing music. He loved Glen Miller, Benny Goodman, Tommy Dorsey... I listened to it in the car and I started balling my eyes out. I remember when I was a little girl he would play this type of music on the reel to reel (remember those?). This would be his relaxation, just sitting and listening to this music. I would go in the living room and start dancing to this music. I remember he would have a smile on his face.

BTW, as for closing this thread. I only mentioned it because I thought it was suppose to happen this way. If not, then we can keep the thread, it's fine by me.

I am feeling the urge to go out of my way to please my mom. I feel so bad for her, he took good care of her. He was the love of her life for 48 years. I didn't want to do this, but I am going to cut my hair short. She kept telling me she prefers it that way and asks me why I don't have it that way. So when I get back, we are going to go and get our hair done and I am going to cut it the way she likes it. My dad kept telling her to get out and get her hair done and take care of herself. She wouldn't leave his side.

I love you all alot! I hope you enjoy the memorial page.

Cathi

#175904 - 02/27/09 12:14 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Wisdom&Life]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i thought that the thread may be bringing you painfull memories and thats why you wanted the thread close cathi.

since its not the case at this time then weer else to post his memory book. I just been in and read it and viewed your pictures and your storie about him when you had whiplash and his attitude was wonderfull. I sure he was a blessing to you in life and i hope you feel he could be still blessing you.

I know its a difficult time for you and sometimes when all the rushing about subsides then the reall pain builds up. at lest you yhave this place to share your feeling with as many of us have lost parents and know that deep kind of grief and how it trickles dowen and touches all the family, frends and acquantinses he or your family members have.

As aqutlie painfull as this time is its also a time that will stick in your memorie for a long time, at lest it did with me. I hope your gentill with yourself and allow yourself to feel all the diffrent emotions that come at this time. I hope you feel or witness the miricales that can happen at this time within a familie, good luck and my thoughts are with you. xox

#175905 - 02/27/09 02:12 PM Re: My Dad [Re: celtic_flame]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Dear Cathi,
You wrote a beautiful memorial page. And just in a few words, you described what your father was all about.

He truly was a very handsome man, and I think you have a lot from him. That will be with you forever, Cathi. Look in the mirror, and you see his eyes.

I loved the poem you posted, and have copied and pasted it to my favourites. I know this poem will comfort me someday when my mother is with the ‘Master’ too.

You are pretty wonderful, yourself.

Sending you a warm sisterly hug,
Edelweiss

#175915 - 02/27/09 06:45 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Edelweiss3]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
What a "Wonderful, Wonderful" tribute to your Dad, Cathi.

#175940 - 02/27/09 10:59 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Lola]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Just beautiful and heart warming Cathi.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved