The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 182 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
Topic Options
#171624 - 01/17/09 01:36 AM Re: My Dad [Re: Mama Red]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Thanks for the prayers, they have helped. He came out of surgery okay and is in ICU. They are hoping to have him out of ICU by tomorrow. We were able to see him for a little bit. The surgeon was a nice young gentleman and he took his time explaining the surgical procedure to us.

Basically, there is another tumor there. They didn't take it out because it was too risky to do that. The tumor is attached to some blood vessels. What they did was an "intestine bypass". In other words, they fixed the bowel obstruction by allowing the bowels to get to the colon and out. It's the best way I can describe it.

MamaRed, I will never figure out why some people feel the need to try to intervene and push thier beliefs on others.

Anyway, this should help him for a long time. I am so relieved to hear this. I am so happy my parent's are not willing to give up either.

Praise God to the Highest, I am so glad He heard your prayers.

I love you all alot!

Cathi

#171625 - 01/17/09 01:39 AM Re: My Dad [Re: Lola]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Lola, it is angels like you who makes coming here such a joy!

Thanks for being there spiritually! I can feel it!

Love and Hugs,
Cathi

#171638 - 01/17/09 02:27 AM Re: My Dad [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Cathi, I'll be thinking about you and carrying you in heart-prayers throughout the night and next few days.

Every moment is a gift. No matter what anyone else says around you, keep your hope, and embrace every single chance and victory. Don't let anyone steal your hope or diminish your joy in celebrating each moment and each victory.

(Maya Angelou)

#171641 - 01/17/09 02:43 AM Re: My Dad [Re: Eagle Heart]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Oh sweetie, I'm soooooooooo glad they were help to do something to help your dad. That is awesome news.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#171663 - 01/17/09 07:59 AM Re: My Dad [Re: Mama Red]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Well, Cathi...He did promise that when two or more are gathered in His name. So, we gather and pray. And, we do that now for your Dad's good recovery. Are your eyes better?

LOL!!! I could be one of those relatives of yours. I'd recommend chewing on a bark if it's something someone passes on and says it might help as well. Then my children say: "Oh, Mother...you've gone secular. LOL!!!

#171677 - 01/17/09 12:32 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Cath, remeber to breathe. I realized I was holding my breath while reading this post. I can't imagine what it's like for you. Deep breaths honey.

I see nothing wrong with not takng calls from people who are upsetting Mom. Let your mom call them when she wants to update them. Then she talks when she feels up to it and maybe they'll get the message that their advice isn't welcome. Caregivers have to protect themselves during such stressful times.

#171871 - 01/19/09 01:17 AM Re: My Dad [Re: Dotsie]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Hello,

Well, he is out of the ICU and now he is in the Cardiology Ward. They detected some kind of heart murmer. It's not unusual for his condition, but they want to monitor him. He was in good spirits again today and I think he may be a little hungry now, LOL.

I have to give kudos to the military staff there. They are so attentive and so respectful I am so glad my dad is in good hands there. They are always ready and cheerful and focused at the same time. I wanted to take the opportunity to point this out.

Well, I am leaving tomorrow. I have to go back to work on Tuesday...

As for my eyes...I wore make up today for the first time in a week. Yay!!! Those who know me, know I like to wear make up. I never ever thought conjuctivitis could be this bad. Anyway, it was nice to wake up this morning and be able to open my eyes.

Love and hugs,
Cathi

#172058 - 01/20/09 03:09 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Lola]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Will continue praying for him and the whole family too.
Love and blessings.

Edited by Songbird (01/20/09 03:11 PM)
NABBW & NAWW

#172059 - 01/20/09 03:12 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Songbird]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Cathi-I hope you are feeling much better today.
NABBW & NAWW

#172093 - 01/20/09 06:33 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Songbird]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Cathi, how are you eyes? I hate you have to leave and go back to work. I know your heart will remain with dad. It sounds as if the surgery was a success. I'm so glad he has relief!

As others have said, we will continue prayers for your sweet dad, and for your mom. I'm sure she is a strong woman as well...I mean, look at her daughter!

Sending love,

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved