The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 189 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#171165 - 01/14/09 01:25 AM Re: My Dad [Re: Wisdom&Life]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh girl, I'm so sorry your sweet daddy is going through so much. Good for you staying around to enjoy his company, and he yours. You are very wise to see the value.

Keep us posted!

#171178 - 01/14/09 02:52 AM Re: My Dad [Re: jawjaw]
MustangGal
Unregistered

W&L, has your father decided whether he'd prefer hospice or hospice-at-home care? I'll pray for the right decision for all of you.

#171241 - 01/14/09 06:10 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Hi Cathi

I've been out of the forum for about a week and was checking in to see how your Dad is doing. It sounds like it is a tough time and it also sounds like you're making the best decisions possible. I bet he is glad to have you here now rather than later.

Know I'm thinking of you, sending love and light your way, along with prayers of "right action, right thoughts, and caring companons".

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#171243 - 01/14/09 06:20 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Mama Red]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I'm glad your Dad is out of the hospital and that there would be immediate care at the hospice should the same problem recur, Cathi. Prayers and thoughts.

Eeeek! I also had conjunctivitis and woke up the first time today in 6 days without "trapped eyes". Hope yours is on the way to clearing as up well.

#171286 - 01/14/09 09:07 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Lola]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
MRed, you have been missed. Cathi, how does one get conjunctivitis? Just curious.

Any news?

#171349 - 01/15/09 03:58 AM Re: My Dad [Re: jawjaw]
Mama Red Offline

Ah shucks sweetie...thanks! I'm honored...

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

#171468 - 01/15/09 07:13 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Mama Red]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Cathi, I recall all of sitting in the living room with Mom while the hospice nurse explained what she was agreeing to. It was so sad. I'm sorry you are going through this.

But I have to say, that even though it was a sad time, hospice was amazing. We met several hospice nurses and every last one of them were angels. I'm certain. Especially Melody, that was her name. She was gentle with all of us to the bitter end.

I hope you feel the love coming form your BWS sisters. Embrace it and keep caring for and loving Dad.

#171586 - 01/16/09 07:40 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Dotsie]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Hi, I just typed in this long reply and lost it while submitting it.

I am in the waiting room in Bethesda Naval Hospital now. My dad had to go back in the Hospital because he began vomitting again yesterday. He decided to go to the hospital because the Doctors told him to do so if he vomitted again. So to answer your question about the choice of hospice, I think as long as there is hope, he will continue to seek medical treatment. I think he is making the right choice. He hasn't been told, "there is nothing more we can do". I don't blame him and my mom for holding on to any tiny hope there is.

I had to go to the urgent care because my other eye is affected. I never had the pink eye so bad in my life before. The doctor put me on steriods and anti-biotics and I am beginning to feel a little better now. It's just I have this one big bag under my left eye and I can see it from the corner of my eye.

Anyway, my mom needs prayers because it seems like she is feeling pressure from those around her. You know how it can be when you have friends and relatives who will give you never ending suggestions based on what they read online or based on an experience they had. I try to tell her to ignore what they are saying and do what she thinks is best for her and my dad. I just want to see them in peace with what time my dad has left.

Anyway, my dad is in the OR and I should have more information from the doctor when they are finished with him. I'll let you all know what happens.

I love you all alot!

Cathi

#171594 - 01/16/09 08:39 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I pray all be well with your Dad, Cathi. Please keep us updated. Prayers for you and your Mom as well.

#171596 - 01/16/09 08:45 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Lola]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Cathi

Praying for you and your family. Doncha wish folks could, at least at times, keep their blankety blank opinions to themselves! Like your mom needs anything more to deal with at the moment.

Lots of love and hugs coming to you.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved