The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 120 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#170426 - 01/08/09 02:22 PM Re: Please vote for me. [Re: Saundra]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I voted way back in the beginning. They only allow one vote per IP address, right?

I am so sorry to hear about your layoff. I thought about you when I kept hearing reports of real estate issues and not many people are buying time shares right now, I guess. Smart to get your medical and dental done while you can.

Please let us know how we can support you and help you through this time.

K

#170466 - 01/08/09 09:01 PM Re: Please vote for me. [Re: Saundra]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hey I have another email addy, lets see if I am able to vote a second time...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#170467 - 01/08/09 09:08 PM Re: Please vote for me. [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Aha!!!!! It went through yet again. I was able to get in two votes so far using my second email address. GOOD LUCK!!

#170599 - 01/09/09 09:33 PM Re: Please vote for me. [Re: chatty lady]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Chatty, you're a very bad girl I'm happy to say.

K, I don't think I saw your vote. About my job elimination, I've had several breakdowns so far and seem unable to focus. All normal I've read. Maybe I should start another post because:

I have learned that I am unable to make an informed decision about whether to take the severance package offered (very low) or file for unemployment because you cannot find out what you would get if you filed for unemployment until you file.

That's the way the corporations want it and that's what the legislature and attorneys gave them. I went to the One Stop Center which is not worth stopping at. They gave me the number for the State Department Agency for Workforce Innovative which is not innovative. They told me that the company did not have to offer a severance package, which I alreday knew.

I think that corporations make decisions in their behalf and not on their employees behalfs because it's better for the company. Call me crazy.

And the only way to find out what you qualify for on unemployment is to file for it, which I can't do unless I waive the severance package. I cannot make an informed decision because that's how the system is set up. That's also how we, the peole, are set up.

K, I'm so grateful for your support I may not cry again today.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#170602 - 01/09/09 09:49 PM Re: Please vote for me. [Re: Saundra]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I'm so sorry to read about losing your job, Saundra. I'll try to surf a calculator on the www. I'll google JJ's friend "Google" and try to find out for you. I'll be back.

Edited by Lola (01/09/09 10:01 PM)
Edit Reason: Because I can.

#170603 - 01/09/09 09:53 PM Re: Please vote for me. [Re: Lola]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK

#170618 - 01/09/09 11:28 PM Re: Please vote for me. [Re: Lola]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I was just thinking Saundra maybe it would be best to take the unemployment because then you are eligible for other things like food stamps. The severance package comes in only ONCE, but unemployment lasts for months and even longer if you reapply and they feel you're eligible. Many people are getting extensions due to this crappy economy we are all suffering from. Just a thought! I am praying for you.

#170627 - 01/10/09 12:47 AM Re: Please vote for me. [Re: chatty lady]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Lola, that's a great resource for Saundra.

Saundra, if you think you'll be employed somewhere else soon, go for the severance. But if you're not sure, I'd go with unemployment. Chatty is right, the states have been extending the benefits because of the economy.

Hugs....

#170630 - 01/10/09 01:17 AM Re: Please vote for me. [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Lola, you're amazing. Good news/bad news. I only worked 32 hours a week (mostly). The calculator gives 2 choices, whichever is closest to the hours a person worked: 24 or 40 hrs/wk - 32 is exactly 8 hours either way so I would get $140/wk or Nothing depending on who makes the decision.

$140/wk is much larger than the package I was offered (unemployment runs for 26 weeks). Or Nothing. Chatty is right (you're right, girl) about extra benefits.

What about the base period I read about and didn't understand?

I know that losing a job is up there on the list of biggies and I'm really feeling it at my age. Why am I thinking about the lyrics to "Should I stay or should I go" as in take it or leave it and take my chances. Heck of a decision isn't it.

I know they don't want to pay and I won't be employed anywhere. No jobs here and I'm not really able to work at a desk 8 hours a day because of all the injuries I suffered at that job. AndI sure don't want to apply for Disability.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#170643 - 01/10/09 03:33 AM Re: Please vote for me. [Re: Saundra]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
You know...............it's a crying shame that a bunch of us boomer women can't find a happy living house and just all move in together and share the rent, phones, cable, etc., and some cook, some clean (that wouldn't be me) and so forth. If the area where we lived were low enough on the COL (cost of living) we could rent a big house and have plenty of space and the expenses would be quite low.

Shame...crying shame.

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved