The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 145 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#171155 - 01/14/09 12:23 AM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
why would you leave heer chattie, you been heer 5 years and been a very active member. A newcommer arrives and takes exeption at one of your post! so!.

we get some things right and some things wrong heer and being critisised is not plsent but we all done some critisising of each other, right or wrong. People feel offended right or wrong, people are reacting right or wronglie. just people are doing.

you would have to be an angel never to offend or hurt anyone heer for all of your 14,401 posts, I have seen you apoligise when you think your wrong or have hurt someone. So i know you know you do not always get it wrong or right.

i not sure it could be done the never offending or never making a comment that is hurtfull or never being misunderstood. We are all humane with feelings that we let show at times thats all that happend. You were defending your point of view, your frends, your communitie and a cou ntire at war in a difficult descusion. Thanks for the loyaltie you showed to your frends.

No ones picking sides or picking seek over you, one we don't know, who may or may not have been misunderstood.

some women want to extend some welcome and some suggestions about becomming a member for sure and knowing us as we are strenths weeknesses and all bulding a bond with some women giving and sharring with some women.

some people do not agree with your posts, some people do agree with it and think its faire enough for what was going on in those moments. Embarising a bit but thats all it is the embarisment of someone not agreeing with you, don't let pride drive you away from your people heer, plz not for that reason.

I hope you'll calm dowen, put things into perspective and come back to wheer you are loved and cared for.

heers hoping.

#171163 - 01/14/09 01:00 AM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: chatty lady]
seek Offline

Loc: mother earth
i am not feeling well at the moment, but i will probably respond later.

i would not want to see an oldtimer leave because of my presence.
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

dame julian of norwich - 14th century - mystic

#171169 - 01/14/09 01:48 AM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: seek]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thanks for you incite Celtic, but this has nothing at all to do with being embarrassed, heavens no, I have a thicker skin than that, believe me.

My decision has to do with loyalty and knowing "ALL" the facts before taking action...

I feel I am at least owed that much as an active member, 14,401 posts, and someone who has proven that all I have is love for my sister boomers. I have never in all my years here begun a hateful or troublesome thread, not ever, as I never want to see anyone hurt by what can come of that kind of thread.

I am 'NOT' looking for sympathy either. You are all better off going to happier threads and let the inevitable occur, as it will with the attitude being formulated here now.

Anyone whose email I don't already have that wants to keep in touch please send your email address's to:
ccmeditor@cox.net

I am taking a break, probably a permanent one, but know my heart is always with you and I will miss being here among all my friends/family...

Bye, I love you all, and God Bless you.
Charleen (Chatty)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#171172 - 01/14/09 02:17 AM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: chatty lady]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Seek, as soon as you joined, I got pm's from women here saying "you should read this..." and for two weeks I read and said nothing. For two weeks I watched because I give everyone a chance. I am rational, I am fair, and I make up my mind based on all evidence. For two weeks I observed and analyzed before commenting at all, before coming to any conclusions.

The problem isn't that I DON'T understand you; the problem is that I DO.

The problem isn't your political views -- it's your disingenuity and manipulation.

No apologies will be forthcoming.

Poet and essayist

#171187 - 01/14/09 06:09 AM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: meredithbead]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Since I haven't been here much for nearly past wk., it does feel very surreal to read the last few posts...

While Hawaii on the surface, is certainly more harmoniously "interracial", it's probably taken several generations for this to be achieved.

And even now, I noticed as just a visitor of a movement to reclaim Hawaiian identity, land, etc.

#171200 - 01/14/09 12:57 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: orchid]
celtic_flame Offline

it feels sureal for me to orchid and i have been heer, I am wonderring how we got to this!, thats just retoric by the way but i still wonderring and it dose't feel like a solution to me. Perhapps its better weer we go from heer than how did we get heer.

I hope something can be done and some bridges built between whomever and who ever needs them bult.

i am having a sit in, a protest one, a big sighne, not sure what it would read/say but a big sighn anyway.

i am sure stuff's being done in the back ground hopefullie with all people thats needin it. As their some seriouse hurt going on heer hence the attitudes.

#171201 - 01/14/09 01:01 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: orchid]
celtic_flame Offline

Originally Posted By: orchid

While Hawaii on the surface, is certainly more harmoniously "interracial", it's probably taken several generations for this to be achieved.

And even now, I noticed as just a visitor of a movement to reclaim Hawaiian identity, land, etc.

WELCOME BACK ORCHID

i hope your holiday was good and i am wonderring weer we can heer about your cyclkling in hawaii as its just something id gess you do and i would like to hear more about whats happening to reclame hawien identitie. Sonmetimes we spot other things becouse we are outside looking in at other times its better to be an insider explaining the circumstanses.

are you goinna do a seperite post if for information and descusion on this Orchid if so weer are you gonna post?

Thers some hawieen ladies heer and it may be nice if they could participate and give their oppinion too.

#171227 - 01/14/09 03:00 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Okay, as founder of the site, I have a few things to share.

I've gone back and read through seek's posts. I believe she was treated unfairly, especially in the current event and political forums. I'd like to remind everyone that's been unfair to her that in addition to those forums, she has posted about her three children, grandchildren, feeding the homeless, super mothers, beauty and aging, 50 being the new 40, a prayer request for her daughter, holiday hangovers, teaching gratitude, and so much more. I don't know why she gets mistreated just because her voice is different in the current events and political forums (both of which are my least favorite and I don't always keep up with), my mistake. I'm considering deleting both because they continually cause unrest at BWS.

While dancer has posted rules for what you must do to stay, please know that I am the one who bands people here, not dancer.

I'm sorry chatty is leaving. Please know that we are corresponding about this and I certainly hope she changes her mind.

While it's a royal pain in the neck to get PMs, I have said over and over again, to PM me if you have a problem. That remains the same.

Now I hope you will carry on. Enough.

#171239 - 01/14/09 05:58 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: Dotsie]
seek Offline

Loc: mother earth
dotsie: thank you for your support. i am very conflicted. personally, on the one hand, i am seeking a place just like this - a place where women can connect and talk about the things that are important to us.

i continue to post on this particular thread, because i introduced myself like a bull-in-a-china shop because that is my actual personality style(!) and i was not sure this board would be a good fit for me and i just wanted to put that out there and see what the feedback might be, since my views tend to be "non-traditional."

since the incident on the middle east thread, i was trying to figure out if there would be any way for me to stay - i really wanted to. with my political leanings, i couldn't figure out how to be true to myself and stay. i am very interested in sociology, group dynamics, psychology, women's issues, etc. i seem to always question underlying dynamics and tend to root for the underdog.

because i have a kind of strong personality and have studied psychology, i am aware that my personality type or style is not that usual. i notice that there are many people on the board, as in life, who are far less confrontational than me and who may be uncomfortable with my style.

i appreciate you, dotsie, tolerating my views, because of what you have written here about not much liking debate and politics.

and the board is supposed to be "sharing from the heart," and some of us are more head types, so there might be a little challenge there for some people like myself.

however, the board is such a support and so wonderful for so many people . . . i do not wish to be the person who drove others away (not sure why chatty felt she wanted to leave, but that may be a different issue).

in the past few days i wanted to start other threads, but hadn't figured out if i would even be able to stay. i allowed myself to be hopeful though. then meridith's post came and i felt like it would be impossible since the hostility was so intense.

so again, here i am. i want to stay, but now i know for sure that there are people that do not want me here. on one hand, that hurts, and on the other hand, i recognize that this board has been a haven for people and i "should" just leave - that that would solve the problem for now.

i also have a belief that maybe there can be room for everyone if people can be tolerant and recognize that there are different personality styles, beliefs, etc.

i believe in social justice.

i also sense that i am causing a problem for you, dotsie, and i sincerely respect all you seem to have done (i only know a portion of it). i admire your open attitude and your tolerance for someone like me, who is obviously so unlike you in temperment and beliefs. i just think that if i can keep you in mind as a person who has more traditional beliefs AND is tolerant - that is such a role model.

but on the other hand, as i said before, i am idealistic. so i will wait and see.

thank you again and apologies for putting you in the position to have to deal with this . . . hopeful that something good might come out of it in terms of tolerance maybe?

and if my leaving is for the greater good, i will go. don't want to, but i will.
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

dame julian of norwich - 14th century - mystic

#171250 - 01/14/09 06:58 PM Re: I am a non-traditional woman . . . [Re: seek]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I want you to stay.

We are continually growing and evolving here; it has been painful and downright unpleasant at times over the year, grappling with all the different ideologies, opinions, styles of communication, sensitivities and still somehow maintaining not only basic civility but the level of caring, connectedness and support that we ALL want to offer to ALL women who come here. Many of us believe that nobody stumbles in here accidentally, and that everyone brings a unique voice, wisdom and perspective. For the most part, I think we are welcoming, open, fairly tolerant, but there are just some topics that generate more hostility and pain than others, and for some reason those seem to be the kind of topics that many newcomers lately have gravitated to.

We're trying to be open, we're trying to know how to be the caring supportive community we have been and want to continue to be - while still opening the doors and windows to new thoughts, new approaches and new styles of heated discussions.

We're not perfect, and we're not ever going to be able to be all things for all women...we can't possibly be everything everyone wants us to be. But I think we ALL want this place to be relatively safe for ALL women; but whether that means keeping the controversial tones and styles to a few specific forums or not, I don't know; we're still grappling with how to best be all that we want to be.

As far as I'm concerned, staying and helping us grapple with our growing pains and evolving WITH us is always welcome. I can't speak for everyone. But I know that the basic premise of this place is that it be a safe place for ALL voices to be heard. You're part of that "ALL".

Edited by Eagle Heart (01/14/09 07:01 PM)

(Maya Angelou)

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved