The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#168311 - 12/20/08 03:10 PM Re: Weird Weather!! [Re: jabber]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Here are some pics from our recent storm. We ended up with almost 4' of snow at my house. That's me, trying to stay warm and smile at the same time:

We only have a tiny market up here in the village, so I normally go to this grocery store. They are at a lower elevation, so they were not prepared for snow. I believe they had 2 feet, and the parking lot was a mess. You can see some cars that are still buried:

I took this one through my windshield on the way to the store. There's snow as far as the eye can see. If you travel another 150 miles north beyond the farthest cloud, that's where Chatty lives. She's in Vegas and they got 3" of snow:

#168316 - 12/20/08 06:53 PM Re: Weird Weather!! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
In southern ca? wow! I have a before and after of our storm, but not sure they both got on here. The big tree is on our deck, but before the storm of yesterday.
Louisa

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n164/lrehal/Deck%202008/DSCN6105.jpg

#168317 - 12/20/08 07:00 PM Re: Weird Weather!! [Re: Louisa]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
My husband wanted me to send his snowman (ir snow person) around the world. I thought this would be the best way to do that. I even got two pictures on here. (It's still snowing a little and more expected tomorrow.

#168328 - 12/20/08 08:40 PM Re: Weird Weather!! [Re: Louisa]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Amazingt Danmcing Dolphin, you have a lovely looking home by the way.

Vegas is pretty dry in most places again, but the wet heavy snow did a lot of damage to places not able to hold the weight of it.

Louisa I am jumping with joy to see you back posting again, you were so missed young lady, LOL!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#168366 - 12/21/08 02:06 PM Re: Weird Weather!! [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Dancing Dolphin,
You are one pretty lady, lady. These storms this year are
really, really weird. There's another one coming this way, today;
and the city is still digging out from Friday's storm. Geese...
Loved the pictures by the way. Both yours and Louisa's up there in MA.

Edited by jabber (12/22/08 01:54 PM)

#168373 - 12/21/08 02:50 PM Re: Weird Weather!! [Re: jabber]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Jabber, we must be getting hit with the same weather systems! It's snowing here again today; we were supposed to spend the day with our grandchildren, but nobody's going anywhere today. It's turning into a blizzard out there, a good day to stay in, wrap a warm blanket around the shoulders and cosy up to the BWS hearth with a big cup of hot chocolate.

(Maya Angelou)

#168493 - 12/22/08 08:12 AM Re: Weird Weather!! [Re: Eagle Heart]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I love seeing Dancing Dolphin and Louisa in your snowy landscape. I'm jealous! We had snow, but yesterday the rain melted it all away.

Yes, Chatty, I agree, Dolphin's house looks lovely. And I know how Louisa's gorgeous terrace looks with its view over the bay. Your Chirstmas tree looks beautiful Louisa. Gosh you made that snowman just from the snow on your terrace?! I'm so happy you are posting again too.

Our tree is losing it's needles faster than I can say Christmas. By the time New Year rolls around, we'll have to send it to a nudist camp. haha

#168501 - 12/22/08 12:26 PM Re: Weird Weather!! [Re: Edelweiss3]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Awesome photos! We got a foot of windy snow yesterday and the wind chill was -15 degrees....what a mess. I was out moving cars in this blizzard so Frank could plow. We were still trying to dig out from Friday's storm!...I'm really not into it so why do I still live here????

#168510 - 12/22/08 02:04 PM Re: Weird Weather!! [Re: ladyjane]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Many roads and even towns are closed around here today. We currently have a blizzard. Windchill makes it negative degrees out there. We have a fire going in the fireplace. The thruway is closed from here to the Pennsylvania State Line. The only other time it was like this was during the Blizzard of '77. Some roads were closed about a week back then. My dog's having a fit; Xena can't go for her normal walk in the park. I have four layers of clothing on top; tights, long johns, and a blanket on my lower torso. Geese! You'd think I was in Alaska or the North Pole, for cryin' out loud! Hey, it's fun to vent!!!

#168531 - 12/22/08 04:42 PM Re: Weird Weather!! [Re: jabber]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
yeah, it's fun to vent...maybe therapeutic for we northerners!! I just spent an hour and a half shoveling the back deck alone!! I'm cold and my back is rebelling!!!!Ughhh!!

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved