The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 57 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 10 of 14 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#167432 - 12/11/08 11:29 AM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
Put up a tree for the ones you loved that went away and are watching over you from above, and know each twinkling light is a kiss from one of them...Merry Christmas my friend. CHATTIES QUOTE

wht a good idea and visuoe imagerie i bear that one in mind.

like so manie of you my mum took ill christmass day and died on boxing day, life goes on and so dose christmass and i don't want it marred for L but i relise its sometimes easier to do for someone elses sake. However even before he was born and she had died all i allowed myself was half hour focused prayer on boxing day or to feel sad the rest is spend joining in whomever i am with and trying to be festive or cheeer them in to being ok if not festive for christmass. This took a few years before it became practised and ther was manie sad thoughts in those times but i glade i perservered. My sister grives badlie this time of year and it effects her 3 young sons and rest of familie, the focus is on helping her through christmass and not on celibrating or on other familie members owen grife. It all gets a bit messie and it just brings to mind how we all as indivduels do things or cope with things diffrentlie.

I am a beliver in choice and sometimes we chose how we feel about somethings or at lest if not feel then how we behavie for the rest to see. The outside inside thing makes such a diffrenses to others day and i do try to think of others around me and how i might effect them, then have my private time weer i am not changing my behaviour. Then everyones happie even me doing it this way lol

#167433 - 12/11/08 11:31 AM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
I rember how effective the threads weer of christmasses past weer we din't need to be up or festive saying what needed to be said and being festive for the rest of the threads, It was a great idea and maybee someone should think of starting it again this year.

think eagle and or dotsie started it last years so maybee they could follow the boomers tradision and start one again?

#167499 - 12/12/08 04:20 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
celtic, what is boxing day? I'm sorry to her you mom becasme sick during the holidays. How long ago was that?

#167500 - 12/12/08 04:20 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I recall that post. I'll start another. What shall we call it and where shall we put it?

#167537 - 12/13/08 12:06 AM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Why not just:

SHARED EMOTIONS OF TIMES GONE BY

Right here in the Friends Heal Friends thread?

Now that I have finished ghostwriting the last book, I have so much time on my hands and am in here too much. I'm sure you'll all get tired of seeing my name on the threads but hey, whats an idle girl to do???

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#168520 - 12/22/08 02:32 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
celtic,
I love that sentiment of each sparkling light being a kiss from
those up above. Never thought of it that way before. Great
sentiment. Love it! Thanks!

#168539 - 12/22/08 05:53 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Back to how are you doing...

How's everyone doing these few days before Christmas?

I'll be baking chocolate chips and almond cookies before the day is done. Anyone else preparing for the big day?

#168548 - 12/22/08 06:46 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Dotsie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I got everything wrapped yesterday, and will probably be baking tomorrow and Wednesday.

My son and his wife (and new puppy!) got delayed on their trip from Colorado. Sean got sick Saturday night so they stopped in Kingman AZ. He slept most of yesterday, and they are on their way again this morning. Should be arriving here by mid-afternoon. I'm so anxious to see them!

I feel more excited this year, and I don't know why. Probably because the holiday is combined with seeing my kid again! It's been 10 months and that's just too long.

By the way, I'll be baking Snickerdoodles, Magic Cookie Bars, Sugar Cookies, and Chocolate Chip cookies. My DIL was so cute - she asked me if I had ever baked any "real cookies - you know, with flour and baking soda and stuff" because that's what she wants to do. I didn't laugh, and said sure, we can do that. She's such a sweetie!

Edited by Dancing Dolphin (12/22/08 06:46 PM)

#168571 - 12/22/08 10:06 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Well, considering that I shoveled all day I'm a bit behind and I have to work tomorrow and Wednesday! No wonder we get so worn out right about now. I had today all planned out to finish up Christmas stuff....silly me...should know you can't plan everything. So I'm scrambling about tonight when all I really want to do is drop in my chair...4 A.M. comes early!! But I DO know that in spite of myself, it will all turn out just fine...we have to remember that one.

#168581 - 12/22/08 10:35 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Today I got my package from FIGI'S Gifts. I ordered a gift for me, from me, chocolate fudge with walnuts, cherry, pineapple, pecan fruit cake and assorted fruit slices and they are ALL sugar free, or no sugar added. I baked sugar cookies last night full of nuts, and of course the old delicious stand by chocolate chips. I am making a four flavor cheescake for Christmas day on Wednesday...

The snow is gone BUT it is drizzling, dark and dreary outside, YUK!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 10 of 14 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved