The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 103 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#167721 - 12/15/08 02:53 PM Re: Job security [Re: orchid]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I appreciate all the stories about lay offs. I think more and more families (couple generations) will be living together as all of this pans out during the next few years.

I do agree that much of it has to do with greed. While my son was employed, I was sickened by the way his company spent money entertaining employees from other sites. The dinners, the wine, desserts, etc, were so way over the top, and he jumped right in with it using his corporate credit card when allowed. It's how they did business.

#167803 - 12/16/08 04:45 AM Re: Job security [Re: Dotsie]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
We need a sermon on "fear"... anyone have one?deleted rest of post

Edited by gims (12/16/08 05:41 AM)

#167813 - 12/16/08 12:17 PM Re: Job security [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
gims, funny you should ask. I'm doing Max Lucado's book Experiencing the Heart of Jesus. When I went to the kitchen table yesterday, I opened to the chapter Freedom from Fear. It was a welcomed study. I will finish it this morning. Some of the verses mentioned were:

I will fear no evil.

So don't worry, because I am with you. Don't be afraid, because I am your God. I will make you strong and help you; I will support you with my right hand that saves you. Isaiah 4:10

Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks.

gims, I was reminded about how fearful Jesus was in the Garden of Gethesmene. If you read it closely, you'll see that he was sweating and full of anguish. We're human so we become afraid as Jesus did, but fortunately, we have God's promise that he will walk with us and remain with us always. He also prayed, not my will, but yours.

Our job is to trust: The Lord is my light and the one who saves me. I fear no one. The Lord protects my life; I am afraid of no one. Psalm 27:1

I might add that we should fear nothing, not just no one. This is a tall order and I often find myself way off track in this area of trust. It takes studies and being in the word to bring me back...and then I slip again, and over and over again depending upon the situation. If the situation involves my children, this worry wart can go whole hog, forgetting all about my faith. But then, when I return to prayer in the morning, I'm whipped back into shape - at least temporarily. I'm always working on carrying my studies throughout the day.

Do you have copies of your dad's sermons? I think it would be so comforting to read what your dad had to say about this topic.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved