The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 69 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 14 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#166535 - 11/26/08 08:25 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: chatty lady]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Chatty..has your ex hubby flown the coup, then???

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and CONGRATULATIONS on your book..4 months ahead of time!! WOW!!!! I am usually at least 4 months behind with most things smile

#166553 - 11/26/08 10:04 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: humlan]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Way to go Chatty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome...4 months ahead of schedule? How in the world?!?!?!?!?!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#166556 - 11/26/08 10:48 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Mama Red]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
You truly are an inspiration, Chatty! Whoo-hoo! Happy Thanksgiving, girl - I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, thinking of that turkey you're cooking up for anyone who drops in (sure wish it could be me!)....and I always think of you with a grateful heart for YOUR amazing heart and spirit. Enjoy your well-deserved break.

(Maya Angelou)

#166620 - 11/28/08 08:52 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thanksgiving Day was an resounding success. I ended up with seventeen friends adropping i n for a meal. I had tons of food and was happy to see so many arriving. I am also happy to report thst even though I shamelessly overate, I didn't gain an ounce, probably due to running around making sure everyone had everything they wanted. Them after all the guests had gone home my ex (YES Humlan, he is still here) wasa helping me clean up the mess and saw a small dsog out the kitchen window running loose. I waa able to tempt it with a piece of turkey, she is a small Dachhound, no tags, she seemed so frightened. She spend the night with us and today I will take her to the SPCA shelter where she will be safe and available for anyone looking for her. Looks like a pet that got out with all the holiday commotion.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Now I need to get started planning for Christmas. No rest for the wicked, as my dear mother would say!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#166678 - 11/29/08 12:52 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i forget how close thanksgiven and christmass is. Must be a double edjeged soard getting the whole partie organised twice in such close time fremes

#166707 - 11/30/08 01:12 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
celtic, yes, they are very close together this year. Tomorrow is already December 1st. I can't beleive it. Time to get the Christmas decorations out!

#166743 - 11/30/08 09:57 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My mother, 88, and her sister who's 91, and my cousin Mike whose 50, I think, just got back today from visiting my Uncle and Aunt who lives in Maryland. They spent Thanksgiving on a three acre estate with my Aunts family and all had a wonderful time. But like my mother said this morning, no matter where we go, or what we do, or who we see:

THERES NO PLACE LIKE HOME!

I have to agree and am relishing just relaxing and watching all those sappy Christmas movies that have started.

The 25 days of CHRISTMAS...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#166817 - 12/02/08 01:46 AM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: ]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Hello, again, to my old and new friends. I have recovered from surgery on both sides of my upper jaw (no surprise there). I lost 3 weeks from work and am now back and eating. I managed to cook and eat a turkey, which I am grateful for receiving from my place of employment. This is the first year they have given us the bird for a holiday and I thanked the universe. wink
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#166821 - 12/02/08 05:01 AM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Saundra]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Hard time of year for me, emotionally.

Even though business is thriving, the losses I have endured leave empty spaces in my heart.

It's really, really hard for me to "shake this" and do any decorating and celebrating. DH wanted to do a tree, but I did not. As kids, things were so perfect that, since none of it can ever be repeated or replicated, I cannot bring myself to "do" Christmas.

Sorry for the whine......it's how I feel. It's easy for me to "fake it", but deep inside I hurt.

#166826 - 12/02/08 12:19 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Di]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Di my heart feels for you. I lost my Mom Christmas Day night. I decided to use that time of year to really celebrate her life. It worked for me but I realize we are all not alike. If you don't want to then don't. One day you may feel differently like I did. Blessing dear Di...many many blessings to you.

Page 7 of 14 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved