The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 57 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 14 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#161407 - 09/30/08 03:25 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I can't wait to see that afghan. It's going to be so Christmasy.

#161425 - 09/30/08 08:32 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Knock, knock Dotsie are you in there?? It's a little Christmas colors PONCHO, that is what you wanted right?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#161429 - 09/30/08 08:40 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Lets try this one more time.....I have a beautiful Christmas afghan for sale for the holidays...It is:
red
white and
green...

I am holding my breath to hit the submit button, here goes nothing?????

#161430 - 09/30/08 08:41 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Well the white is white and doesn't show up but it did work at least. WHEW!!! Dots or JJ please delete the messed up one above. Thanks...

#161539 - 10/02/08 02:06 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Anyone want to share what's new with them, and how they're doing on what is a lovely fall day here?

Just got back from being with Dad. Looking forward to working today. Will run by the farmer's market at lunch. Making a decent dinner for tonight. Hope to get to the Y. Will definitely watch the debate tonight.

Many of you know about the fire. Well to add to all the excitement, we had lots of rain here this weekend and we got some water in our basement. Good grief. So I will also find time tonight to slice the padding from under the carpet and toss it. Working on getting my basement back. Life goes on...

If I had to guess waht I won't get to today, it will be the Y! HA!

How about you?

#161553 - 10/02/08 02:52 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Dotsie]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Today is a lovely autumn day here in Sweden too..at least in my area..around Stockholm. The colors are simply gorgeous. The trees have flourished well this rainy summer..so they are in their full glory now. So, Dotsie..you´re right..I should go out for a walk. I am home from work now..and it´s about 4:30pm here which means that it is still very light here.

I am feeling a bit down today as my SIL is not so well. On top of his cancer..he has a bad cold and does not feel so good at all. I am finding it hard to keep my spirits up. Some days are like this..I know..and this is one of them. I am feeling the pain and worry that my SIL and my daughter must be feeling. And I am wishing that I could be near them..I have read on their facebook pages how their friends are helping them with food and driving my SIL to his numerous tests and surgeries..he will start chemo next Tuesday if his cold is better (I would think). So I am very grateful to all the wonderful people who are there for them.

This past week-end there was a "run" for Leukemia and Lymphoma patients..and many of their friends and students and patients did it for them. I understand that they got souveniers which they are saving for my SIL and my daughter. And my SIL was very touched by this and happy..as he wrote on his facebook. So they are not alone by any means..which is a great comfort to them and to me.

But, you know, Dotsie..I just may go out for that walk you mentioned. It could do me some good smile

So..see you all later..and sending hugs out into cyber space for you all.

#166154 - 11/21/08 07:36 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: humlan]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
It´s Friday evening here and my partner´s son is coming for the week-end..IN A CAST!!! He broke his foot while playing table tennis..ping pong!

He´s only 13 yrs old..so he´ll probably be alright! But CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??? I think the stars are totally crossed up there somewhere..the stars that have to do with our family!!!

I mean..going a bit crazy here..but that´s ok..that means I can laugh a bit,too.

Hope you all have a wonderful week-end and are not as stalked by bad luck as we are at this moment wink

Hugs!

#166172 - 11/21/08 11:54 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: humlan]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

How do you break a leg playing ping pong? That's incredible. I hpe you all enjoy one another's company this weekend. I bet he misses your son being around.

We just finished dinner. Our youngest son is home for Thanksgiving already, so I made steamed shrimp, salad and some bread for us, and home made chicken noodle soup for Ross who is feeling a teeny bit under the weather. They're watching some movie and I'm sitting here catching up with the gals.

#166177 - 11/22/08 12:52 AM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I am spaced because today I put the finishing touches on the novel I've been writing for the woman from Alaska. Once the countless pictures are labeled and entered it will be ready for the printer. FINALLY!!!! I am about four months ahead of schedule but happy to be finished to her satisfaction.

Planning some days just for "me" until after the holidays, then back to work when some new edits come in..

#166185 - 11/22/08 12:18 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

chatty, I can't imagine finishing something four months early. Good for you! Love the me day idea.

Page 6 of 14 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved