The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 129 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#1652 - 06/13/06 11:06 PM What if Churches Did Not Exist?
FitlySpoken Offline

Loc: US
Has anyone else ever wonder about that? I wonder if our communities would be any different?

If you can't live your faith and beliefs day by day, moment by moment, I wonder if they are really faith & beliefs?

I know it always comes down to the nitty gritty. If I am the same on the outside as I am on the inside ... the truth really is that ...
I am on the outside exactly what I am on the inside.

Not as complicated as it sounds. But it does come down to the same meaning of ... we are the 'church'.

#1653 - 06/14/06 12:02 AM Re: What if Churches Did Not Exist?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Even though there are some disfunctional churches, for the most part, they are very important for the spiritual growth, mission work and charitable activities across the world. My church alone has missions locally as well as throughout the country and the world. We have a counseling center, food pantry, auto shop for single mothers and more.......

One day a man who was high on something walked into my church on a Sunday morning. A pastor found him wandering around and took him into his office. He prayed with him, then helped him to get clean (probably within a substance abuse support group). Today that man is living his life as a testimony to God's grace and love. I'm sure there are millions of similar examples in this country alone.

Daisygirl

#1654 - 06/14/06 04:04 AM Re: What if Churches Did Not Exist?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I sometimes don't want to stop what I'm doing and go to church BUT feel its a way to show my love and respect for my God. He doesn't ask much of us compared to all he lavishes on us so it s the least I can do and I always come away feeling glad I went. I wouldn't want to live in a world that had no refuge for those in need, no churchs anywhere would be devastating.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved