The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 173 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#169741 - 01/02/09 02:34 PM Re: no exercise [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Anno,
I started that exercise this morning. I noticed immediate improvement. Thanks again.

#169748 - 01/02/09 03:51 PM Re: no exercise [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
jabber, I've been once in three days. Hoping to increase that number.

#169769 - 01/02/09 08:15 PM Re: no exercise [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Great, Dotsie. I feel more energized when I exercise. Hope you do, too.

#169783 - 01/02/09 09:50 PM Re: no exercise [Re: jabber]
Kathi Casey Offline

Loc: East Coast
Hello ladies!
Glad to hear you guys are starting to work out again - every little bit helps - if you start with small steps, you're more likely to stick with it!
Another exercise that helps the upper arm flab is push-ups - AND you can try taking 3 - 5 minutes several times a day to do as many push-ups as you can to not only help the arms but the latest science shows that doing something difficult like this for a few mintues every so often that raises your heart rate and helps remove the spare tire around our middles!
Italian Cookies are my downfall and there were plenty around in the last few weeks so I'm trying to do more push-ups (and crunches and running up stairs...) myself right now.

#169785 - 01/02/09 09:55 PM Re: no exercise [Re: jabber]
Lani Offline

Loc: Northern California, USA
Dotsie, your initial post cracks me up: "broadcasting your laziness" - can be a good motivational tool!

You know, the more experienced and further on in years I get, more and more I want short, sweet, and to the point when it comes to working out. I make it a point to really challenge myself during "workouts", which makes them come in in about 37 minutes total (true story!) just 3 times a week. Then, my daily walks with my husband to the lake out back are fun, leisurely, and great activity but not "workout".

So, to be specific - I do Super Sets with free weights and body weight followed by intervals on my air bike. I work out at home with a pair of dumbbells, my body weight, and the bike. I also do T-Tapp about once a week to keep my form and alignment focused.

This routine has been incredibly successful for me, along with a couple of other tricks. AND you might be interested (and encouraged!) to know that long, slow distance cardio is NOT the best investment of your time when looking to optimize body composition - that's where the intervals "win" in my opinion, hands down.

It can be fun to mix it up when it comes to "boredom" with workouts, yet I find with something as concise as I've managed to put together, it's over before I know it, body shaping results are amazing, I sleep better, and I never get tired of feeling trim and energetic, that's for sure!

Hope it's going better for you!

Lani

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved