The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 181 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#165228 - 11/10/08 09:33 PM Re: no exercise [Re: orchid]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Dotsie, I never was a body builder per se, more into strength (function) than appearances. And I still work out but just don't have the time I'd like, in between everything else I do.

What stopped was my exercise class. The room where we met for free as a non-profit, started charging too much and I wanted the class to be free. It originally took 2 months to find a free facility, and I didn't feel like going through that again. Also, if I moved out of the area, my current class wouldn't be able to attend.

Here's an idea -- at the next Boomer getaway (if I can attend!! -- and if my back is co-operating) I can teach basic weight training to all who are interested. Weight room not required! We'd just need a large flat open space (room or park) and maybe 2 hours so I could work with everyone.

Poet and essayist

#169024 - 12/26/08 11:19 PM Re: no exercise [Re: orchid]
Heartstrong Offline

Loc: NJ
Well if I don't get myself to the gym I find I cannot trust myself to exercise at home. But I do recommend the days you are not able to do the recommended 30 minutes of exercise (can be broken down into two 15 minutes bouts) to get a pedometer and set a goal of walking 10,000 steps each day. The 10,000 step program was issued by the US surgeon general several years ago for all adults - everything counts so you put the pedometer on first thing in the morning and wear it all day until you're ready to go to bed. Try to increase your activity level as much as possible (use stairs instead of elevator, park car further away, etc...)
Heart Healthy Blog http://heartstrong.wordpress.com/
https://twitter.com/HEARTSTRONG1

#169057 - 12/27/08 01:41 AM Re: no exercise [Re: Heartstrong]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
If I don't do some exercise this coming 2009 then I'll deserve any health issues that come from my not! Watch our world here I come barbells in hand, yuk! I am considering buying a new mountain bike but need something for these flabby wings of mine. Hell in a stiff wind I can almost fly...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#169176 - 12/28/08 03:18 PM Re: no exercise [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I do good until the Holidays. Cookies, candy, cheese and nuts
get me everytime. I love chocolate covered cherries, cashews,
and sugar cookies. Celebrating is hard on a gal.

#169204 - 12/28/08 07:41 PM Re: no exercise [Re: chatty lady]
cyclinggal Offline

Loc: Arkansas
Chatty Lady -- your post about your wings and almost flying put a big smile on my face. No matter how much weight training I do, I still have that jiggly thing on the underside of my arms. Oh well, time to get the exercise clothes on and get my butt to the gym. Did 60 minutes of cardio yesterday, so today will do 30 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of weights and the resistance machines.

#169334 - 12/29/08 03:00 PM Re: no exercise [Re: cyclinggal]
jabber Offline

cyclinggal,
You mentioned the jiggly thing on underside of arms. Does anyone
know how to get rid of that???? I exercise those underarm
muscles 200 times a day, 5 days a week and flabby part still
jiggles.

#169420 - 12/30/08 02:57 PM Re: no exercise [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Anybody know how to get rid of the underarm jiggles?

#169425 - 12/30/08 03:32 PM Re: no exercise [Re: jabber]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Use one weight, lift your arms straight up over your head, holding the weight with both hands. Lower the weight behin the head and raise it up again. Repeat 5 times. Do this two or three times a day, every other day.

If you are into yoga, there are some positions that work well for under arms wiggles, too.

And, good luck. Genes are playing a part, too.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#169428 - 12/30/08 03:55 PM Re: no exercise [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Reading these posts almost makes me wnat to run to the Y. Almost, but not quite. I haven't been in over three weeks. DId well for a month, but then fell off again with holiday preps. That's my excuse. Just htis morning I thought, hmmm, new year - maybe an exercise resolution is in place. I feel sooo much better when I'm in some kind of exercise pattern.

Anno, good description. I can picture that exercise. My daughter does it with her trainer. I did it with her too, but only had her come twice, then decided it was way too tough, and I'd rather get my exercise at the Y where it's already paid for.

#169553 - 12/31/08 03:13 PM Re: no exercise [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Thank you Anno. I exercise (do calisthenics) five days a week.
But in that area I didn't seem to be making any progress.
I'm grateful to know what to do. Thanks again! I will start doing as you described! Prayers and blessings,

Dotsie,
If you've paid for the Y, you'd better get there, girl!

Edited by jabber (12/31/08 03:14 PM)

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved