The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 134 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#163993 - 10/29/08 05:13 AM Re: no exercise [Re: jawjaw]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
SSZ 2 < You can try this one, if you're interested. The method is slow vs. quantity. I didn't get a return call today. I'm interested in it for rehab, as well as fitness, with no trouble... in the video, the client said she ate as usual and still lost weight. Soon as I get a call, I'll let those interested know the estimated cost... I'm assuming it will be close to the cost of having a personal trainer, because according to the info, it's a one-on-one with no one else around.
I've not seen this classmate since the year before I graduated... he was a year ahead of me. The only things we had in common were big families (both having 8 kids), good grades and playing the trumpet. The locations are franchises, so he doesn't run them... he just developed the method.

#164283 - 11/01/08 12:12 PM Re: no exercise [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I watched their latest commercial. I can't imagine only two, 20 minute workouts a week. That's amazing and hard to believe, but people say it works. Please tell us more as you learn.

Since Monday, I've been to the gym four out of six days. I wish I could say I'm lovin' it, but I'm not.

I appreciated the comments about weights. When I did them (ages ago) I did low weights with more reps. I thought that's what we should do. I'm going to make an appt. with one of the gym rats so they can get my program set up with the weights. I'll let you know what they say about weights.

#164291 - 11/01/08 03:26 PM Re: no exercise [Re: Dotsie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I've made it to the gym three times a week for the past two weeks. You know, I read a book once about doing the weights really slow like that Slow-Zone. I've tried it (briefly) and you can really feel it more. When you move the weights faster, you get help from gravity going up and down, etc. With the slower pace (10 seconds positive, 10 seconds negative) you can feel the burn much more.

Maybe I'll try that...

Dotsie, I'm bored out of my mind at the gym. Why can't some of you gals live HERE!?

#164338 - 11/02/08 03:31 AM Re: no exercise [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Curious to know Dotsie, if you plan to pursue rowing again in the spring. How did you find this sport after all?

I cycled partially from work this past Mon. and Tues. But didn't do anyting until today. I was sluggish and sore. I must have been tense from various things at work.So we cycled a familiar route this morning..for 2 hrs. Then afterwards on bike, went grocery shopping. By then, I'm fine. It's pushing oneself abit through and past initial soreness, sluggishness, motivation and all that gunk. I distracted myself by looking at the beautiful fall colours as we cycled by. Also I was driven to beat the rain sprinkles that were starting up towards the end. There is nothing like natural distractions to make one plug away at exercise.

At the end of ride, I tend to feel reborn...and alive. Important that whatever exercise you choose to do, that you like it in general..so that times of body "gunkiness" can be dealt with better.

#164351 - 11/02/08 04:23 PM Re: no exercise [Re: orchid]
gims Offline

I'm currently reading a book about exercise and its benefits to the brain and learning. I'd like to share a lengthy excerpt, but it will take some time to type out, unless I share it by scanning the pages. It'd be nice if the 'attachment' feature for the forums was turned on, so I could attach it and not have it in multiple posts... Dots and/or JJ, think that's possible? It's awfully good information!

#164355 - 11/02/08 05:27 PM Re: no exercise [Re: gims]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I doubt it, but whatever Dotsie says, goes....reason? VIRUS...and the possibility that someone's offering may contain one; unknown to them, of course.

But I would be interested in hearing what you've learned.

Is it that long? If so, you might consider paraphrasing each paragraph. Just a thought.

#164377 - 11/02/08 11:44 PM Re: no exercise [Re: jawjaw]
gims Offline

I need to get a better understanding of viruses and how they can be 'caught'... no need to take the step of turning it on ... don't want to bring any harm to this place - or any other, for that matter.
I'm typing it up in WORD... if I were to try and recap it, I might miss key points. Heck, it might not even be interesting to anyone else --- I love reading about the brain so much, I fell into this read really easily...
I'll just say, if anyone wishes to read it, I'll email it to them --- if they'll give me their email address. I'm typing the excerpt (a full chapter) to send to my nurse sister, so I'll have it in WORD anyway.
Thanks again, JJ.

#164383 - 11/03/08 12:25 AM Re: no exercise [Re: gims]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Gims, if you email it to me, I can turn it into a pdf document and I can post a link to view it elsewhere. If interested, PM me for my email address.

#164435 - 11/03/08 04:28 PM Re: no exercise [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
DD, I wish you lived here. I'm totally bored at the gym too, and that's with TVs and my occasional book or magazine. Went this morming and did less than I've done thus far. Did 25 minutes on the cross trainer and only five minutes on the bike. I got bored and left while telling myself I'd squeeze in a little walk later to make up for what I missed.

orchid, I love reading about what your exercise does for you. It's very encouraging. I wnat to get back to that place.

Here's a link to the rowing club:
http://www.baltimorerowing.org/

I wish it was closer to home. My childhood, neighborhood friend that I've known since I was in second grade promised me that when her kids leave home (they're younger than mine) she'd commit to doing the rowing with me. I can't wiat. It will be a great way to see her. We both love the great outdoors and want to spend more time outside as we mature. How do you like the way I said mature and not age?

gims, sorry but I've been advised not to turn that on for the very reason jawjaw listed.

#164439 - 11/03/08 04:40 PM Re: no exercise [Re: Dotsie]
gims Offline

Dots, (not a problem on the attachment feature - I fully understand) I hope DD can provide us a link to the piece. Some of it might motivate us all to exercise more for a multitude of reasons... also, you might want to read other chapters in the book... it includes information about how exercise can help ADHD. One paragraph in chapter three shocked me into accepting something that I'm exposed to regularly... gave sense to a cycle, which I've always (in the past) labeled questionable.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved