The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 143 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#16280 - 09/27/05 10:40 PM Re: Diet soda
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Yes I got the letter. I'm still trying to get to my email.
You walk way more than I do! I usually average around 2 miles, 5 - 6 times a week.
My daughter and son-in-law are vegetarians and they are rasing their 2 year old that way. I agree with you on the "fake" vegetarians. Why don't they just tell people they don't eat pork or red meat (most likely if they eat chicken, they eat fish).

#16281 - 09/27/05 10:59 PM Re: Diet soda
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
ladybug, i have two diabetics in the family so we do diet drinks and fake sweeterers galore. We must change this.

I've never heard of Sweet Poison. I'm going to look it up on Amazon right now. Thanks for the information...

#16282 - 05/07/06 10:31 AM Re: Diet soda
mordeeau Offline

Loc: Victoria, Australia
What Are YOU Drinking?

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum and was reading posts on various topics when I came across yours.

Because I am new, I do not want to 'push my own barrow' so to speak... but your discussion on water is relevant to a website concerning a natural water additive that I have recently become involved in and I would like to share this with you. The information makes for very interesting reading and most definately gives food for thought.

The main thing is that the water in our body (and there is a lot of it) should be alkaline but, because of what we put into it, our body tends to be too acidic.

Here are a couple of bits from the website.

Purified Bottled Water? Purified Water is stripped of all the important minerals your body needs. It actually flushes out the beneficial ones that are already there. 'Purified Water' literally takes 'good health' away from you.

ACIDIC Sports Drinks? From dietary choices, people everywhere are generally "too acidic", which is a breeding ground for ill health and
disease.

If anyone is interested in further details and/or a link to the site please make contact with me. I do Hope I haven't broken any 'taboo' rules with this post.

*cheers*
mordeeau
(Daphne in Australia)

#16283 - 05/15/06 11:09 PM Re: Diet soda
designergrl Offline

Loc: North Texas
I haven't used my juicer as much as I'd like, but I love to. When I did not have that, I used my blender to make juice drinks.

One of my favorites (and it will get your enrgy level thru the roof !) is this: two stalks of celery, two large carrots or 6 or so of the little ones. (now you can also add Kale or Spinach leaves...but you don't have to, it's just a little more Green)...pink grapefruit juice and a little spring water...just eyeball it.

What it will most likely look like is either watery green "sludge" or a thicker concoction, all depends on how much liquid you added. I never really measured it specifically.

But ladies, even if the Green texture turns you off, it is Sweet and to Me, it tastes a bit like Bananas ! You really need to drink it down, not work on it over a long period of time.

Try it and get back to me about how it worked for you....I am curious if it affects anyone else the way it did me !

Happy Juicing !

designergrl

#16284 - 05/16/06 11:30 AM Re: Diet soda
flossie Offline

Loc: New Zealand
quote:
Originally posted by mordeeau:
What Are YOU Drinking?

*cheers*
mordeeau
(Daphne in Australia)

Nice to see someone else from 'downunder'.

I drink water. I do have a black coffee with my breakfast and maybe a wine or two with the evening meal.....but only water during the day. Any soda, diet or otherwise would be too sweet for my tastes.

But having said that, I feel everybody's BODY is different. I dislike fruit because it's too sweet for me.

Instead of a sweet tooth my indulgence is probably butter and cheese!

With all these energy drinks nowadays they will probably be the everyday drink of the next generation.

#16285 - 05/17/06 03:52 PM Re: Diet soda
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
this is true these harmful compositions that these drink its better to drink diet drinks they are much safer to drink . here are some diet drinks for u and i am sure that they will helpful to you as they were to me

#16286 - 05/23/06 09:09 PM Re: Diet soda
latebloominglady Offline

I haven't yet been able to give up diet soda or coffee, though I'm always looking for a more healthful variation (and of course I aim for a lot of water each day) that will be tasty. For me, I've found that a big glass of herb iced tea, sweetened with 1 packet of Stevia or Splenda, with ice, is very refreshing. I've been using Celestial Seasonings's fruity teas---I bought a variety pack and love them. (I tried making herb tea witih some of their non-fruity ones and frankly didn't like them, but that of course is just personal taste).

#16287 - 05/24/06 02:45 AM Re: Diet soda
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Try low sodium seltzer water. Thats what I tried when I gave up diet/sugar sodas. I drink from the can so I can't see it. It feels like a real drink. I was reading the book "eat right for your(blood) type" and it suggested this for type O persons...I hope I'm an O!. Of course it also suggested no bagel(my daily breakfast ) or strawberries( my daily snack) and I gave up the strawberries. I love love love bagel w chive cr cheese every morning. Well 2 out of 3 is good. 6 lbs lost and 5 to go.

chick

#16288 - 05/24/06 05:27 AM Re: Diet soda
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Lose the cans.....too much verified information out there about aluminum cans and their link to Alzheimers. I drink nothing that was in a can. If you want to hide the fact that its only water get a nice colored glass and use that. You can also add a spoonful of crystal light or sugar free cool aid to the drink to add color and taste. I too like the herbal ice teas.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved