The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 144 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#16260 - 04/22/04 04:05 PM Re: Diet soda
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
No Sonics here and I think that's a good thing. [Eek!]

I was exercising next to a woman who has had half her stomach removed. She's lost 90+ pounds. She's at Curves 6 days a week...a real inspiration.

We were talking about diet soad and she mentioned something I hadn't thought about. SODIUM!

It's possible the diet soda we're drinking is keeping us from losing weight because we're retaining all this fluid.

More incentive to say no to diet soda! [Big Grin]

#16261 - 04/23/04 05:38 PM Re: Diet soda
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
good point, Dotsie.. the sodium.. and don't forget the caffiene.. for those who like the colas. Caffiene makes you retain fluid as well.

I'm going to try that Fruit2o that was mentioned in our diet list. It has Splenda and sounds YUMMY!

#16262 - 04/25/04 10:06 AM Re: Diet soda
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
I haven't been getting my diet e-mail, Dots. I think when Scott formatted the hard drive I lost all addresses and everything...so if you've sent it to me, can you send it again? I think it's okay now..... maybe... and thank goodness that the earliest I will get it will be tomorrow......geeze....I had a hamburger today...and chips.......I haven't had either of those things in months and months.....and the worst part....they were good and I LOVED them. So I can't eat THAT again tomorrow.

As for the diet drinks.....I'm SO happy that I love water. We usually buy about 15 gallons of bottled water a week because, since we live in an agricultural area I'm always concerned about the pesticides in the water shelf. A friend of mine has a Brita and her water tastes great so I may just get one of those. But I too love A&W diet root beer. I usually get one two-liter bottle and have a glass and then it mysteriously disappears even though the two boys at home and the husband NEVER see who drinks it... amazing...

Well... I'm ready to get on the diet newsletter... and so far today I've eaten 278 sunflower seeds. I'll have to drink 12 glasses of water before I go to bed just to combat the salt headache that will surely come in the morning.

#16263 - 04/25/04 05:46 PM Re: Diet soda
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Welcome Dreamer, Glad to have you aboard! It is a lot of fun and great support. I think of the BWS diet group whenever I eat. Even on my day off, I am careful not to overdo.

Report in later.

Sherri

#16264 - 07/27/05 05:43 AM Re: Diet soda
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
Ak!!!
I just typed my reply & lost it!!!

I am trying to break the diet soda habit right now. I have 2 bottles of the WM water...and might try em tomorrow!!!

My cousin went to a nutritionist who put her on a diet--and she could only drink distilled water--and eat as organically as she could. YOU SAW AN AMAZING DIFFERENCE in her.

We're working on the water thing.......let's not get too crazy!!! [Smile]

#16265 - 07/27/05 05:54 PM Re: Diet soda
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
The only time I drink soda is at the movies with a bag of popcorn. Otherwise, I never touch it. Just not my thing.

When we moved to TN something I found interesting was when you order iced tea and they ask sweetened or unsweetened.

#16266 - 07/28/05 07:40 AM Re: Diet soda
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Seems now that Splenda is bad for you. What's next? I drink a lot of V8's...love those suckers...but I just turned the can around and noticed there are 880 mg of sodium in each can.

So we shouldn't drink anything with caffeine, we shouldn't use Splenda, and we shouldn't drink diet cokes. We can drink water BUT...only IF it is purified.

I'm thinking knowing my luck, I would follow all of this to a T, and then walk out my door and get hit by a truck.

Forget it...I'm going to get another cup of java...

JJ

#16267 - 07/27/05 08:28 PM Re: Diet soda
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
I checked the bottle of my WM water...and it has one of those sweeteners I can't spell in it!! [Frown]

I'm just going to have to limit my diet soda intake....and carry a gallon bottle of water with me otherwise! [Smile]

#16268 - 07/27/05 09:43 PM Re: Diet soda
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
So why do we all crave sweet things? No one seems to know for sure.
I wonder if it might be something to do with the sweet taste of mother's milk. Craving that would help us survive as babies, but why as adults?

I think humans are the only mammals who continue to drink milk after infancy. Some researchers are trying to link drinking milk after infancy to diabetes because civilizations that do not do so also do not develop diabetes. ??

There are also some theories about an overgrowth of fungi in our gut that lives off sugar and causes us to crave it. The theory is that fungi develops to a pathological state as a result of the antibiotics we take in from medication and from meats from animals fed antibiotics in order to fatten them quickly.

I know, T M I.

Anyone else have any ideas why we crave the sweets that seem so bad for us?
smile

#16269 - 07/28/05 06:29 AM Re: Diet soda
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Yuk, pooey everything is bad for us it seems. JJ I think that truck might not be a bad idea after all at least its a quick end and not as slow as rotting to death from within...ick!!! [Mad]

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved