The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 91 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#162349 - 10/10/08 06:58 PM Re: The Good Suffer...? [Re: humlan]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Humlan, I have had the very same thoughts about this little boy.

His parents are highly intelligent and loving people. His mother is an internist and his father a Dr. Engineer. His mother is a mild, soft spoken, and in my opinion, too lenient, mother.

They don’t get any invitations to friends’ homes because of this child. When we meet them, it’s only at a lake:...where there is lots of room all around.

If the mother, who is an excellent physician, had any doubts about him being normal or not, I'm sure she would have him examined. Maybe she even has. I don't dare say anything, parents can get horribly offended. I’m sure they are fully aware of his problems. He has been kicked out of 2 or maybe 3 Kindergardens already.

I do believe my God child is highly intelligent, but he seems to hate everyone and everything around him. He has two siblings (he is the oldest). They are perfectly normal.

We once babysat him,…and he cried non stop for hours on end. He was so hoarse that he could only get a rasping sound out. Nothing could quiet him down. Hubby and I even danced the Irish jig for him. He cried more when he saw that. Come to think of it; I don’t blame him.

You have my utmost respect Humlan for working with such disturbed children. It’s a task that calls for unlimited patience. I just tipped my imaginary hat. Thanks you for your excellent suggestions.

#162417 - 10/11/08 01:26 PM Re: The Good Suffer...? [Re: Edelweiss2]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
EW2,
I wouldn't mind if someone danced the Irish Jig for me. And I don't think I'd cry, either. Laugh maybe. But not cry!

#162744 - 10/15/08 05:11 PM Re: The Good Suffer...? [Re: Edelweiss2]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Ok, EW..sorry that it has taken so long for me to get back to you and this forum. Sometimes there´s just alot going on..and not necessarily bad either.

It sounds to me like his parents are having a hard time facing up to the apparent problems..but that´s totally natural. And, of course.. you have to go with your feelings!!!

Thank you for understanding and taking my post as it was meant for you.

Lots of love smile

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved