The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#161924 - 10/06/08 11:40 AM Re: The Good Suffer...? [Re: gims]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Hand 'em over gims. Yes I read plan instead of play....,

Now with your glasses I look super inteligent. cool One pair is on my head,...and yours are on my nose. heeehheheheheeeee

#161925 - 10/06/08 11:40 AM Re: The Good Suffer...? [Re: gims]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
EW--I don't believe anyone can tell the future either, albeit for a different reason. And I sure wish people could quit focusing on the doomsday stuff about 2012! Talk about way into the future (considering the materials were written eons ago).

I also agree we all have time...it is a commonality for all of us, as is choice. And thanks for giving me another item to add to my list of commonalities for a presentation I do on diversity. I give students an assignment...to identify at least 25 ways in which all humans are the same. So now I can add time...for whatever reason I hadn't thought of it before (no clue as to why I left *that* one out!). Grin

I don't personally believe in coincidence...more in synchronicity and the value of each situation to give as an opportunity for choice. Aren't we blessed to have so many ways to look at the world!

Gims...and I do get what you're saying about wishing the coincidences would stop at least for a week or two! I've been there and I know it gets dadblasted tough to handle sometimes!

Hang in there girl! Hang in there! Sending love and prayers your way.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#161926 - 10/06/08 11:42 AM Re: The Good Suffer...? [Re: Mama Red]
Mama Red Offline

EW...I told my "daughter" you lived near Munich and she asked if I knew where...I told her no and realized I also told her I would ask you!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

#161929 - 10/06/08 12:25 PM Re: The Good Suffer...? [Re: Mama Red]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Coincidences - funny how things pop up.
There's been something I've been meaning to ask for a long time. But, seem to bring it up. I thought about it after submitting a post on one thread, then reading another soon after.
It concerns words.

Here's an incident as an example:
Yesterday I used the word congruent, a word I don't remember ever using before. Low and behold, if I didn't hear the same word on the TV last night.

I used the term "average Joe" in a post on the VP debate thread. Turned around and someone had used it in another thread, similar in nature. I don't commonly use the term.

This is another strange one, one that has stuck with me because it was so very weird.... I used the word "trophology," a word I've seen in writing, but I have NEVER used until one day. Within 24 hours, I heard the word used by someone else.

I could go on and on... at one point, it was becoming so bizarre that I thought I'd try writing notes of when it happened. Never did. Wish I had, 'cause it happens all the time... it's a recurring phenomenon (best I can describe it) with me.

Yes, I and others have the same vocabularies... but when the words pop up from nowhere into my speech, striking me as odd that I chose to use them, then hear or read them in a short span of time.... well, is it coincidence... or, could it be something else? Dumb thinking, huh?

#161930 - 10/06/08 01:18 PM Re: The Good Suffer...? [Re: gims]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I won't stop asking questions. I like to ponder varied answers. But when I restate the horrible situation that I've been living through for over three years now, I feel guilty. I believe everybody here is probably sick of hearing about it. I prefer to be upbeat. And most of the time I am. But once in a while reality smacks me up side the head and the serious side of life takes over. I believe God is spirit, too. Since He's everywhere, all the time, that's the only reasoning that makes sense to me. And again, I believe God is Good and bad comes from Satan or demonic, evil spirits. But many of the Psalms, etc. say God will protect the Christian. That was what I had been questioning. I cannot wrap my brain around why God did not protect and keep from precious friend from such devastation. Please pray for her by the way. She going downhill quickly. And it's very, very difficult to watch and be unable to do anything to turn things around. I pray morning, noon and night for the sweetie. She needs a miracle!

#161944 - 10/06/08 04:16 PM Re: The Good Suffer...? [Re: jabber]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Jabber

I know how hard it is...I've been there too and sometimes all you can say is "it sucks!". I will pray for your friend and sometimes I wish there was "more" I could do and then I remember the power of prayer, even though the results are not always immediate nor obvious nor what we wish to see.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#161953 - 10/06/08 06:59 PM Re: The Good Suffer...? [Re: gims]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I had to look up the word trophology. Thanks Gims, learned a new word today.

Our brains are amazing computers storing things we don’t know we have stored. That’s the only way I can explain using words that you never normally use.

When I watch the Millionaire show, I constantly surprise myself as to what I know. I have no idea how I got some of the information. I read it, and store it,…and it is still there. And the most amazing thing is; is to recall something you didn’t know you knew.

As far as you using words that you hear again from others with in a short time; well I think that is just coincidence. Maybe you are just more aware of those words, because you had just used them.

Jabber, I haven't thought you have been complaining alot at all. You are going through a terriblly sad time, and if it helps, then post as often as you want. We will never tire of it. We have helped Eagle in her pain, and now we will hopefully be able to help you.

#162007 - 10/07/08 12:34 PM Re: The Good Suffer...? [Re: Edelweiss2]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I have a [Webster's New World, College Dictionary] and the word tropology shows up but not the word trophology.
They indicate the one without the "h" means moral rather than literal interpretation of literature such as The Bible. I guess some churches, like the "Assembly of God," the church my friend and I attended for decades, interpret over 1600 years of Biblical writings by over 44 authors, almost literally. I believe the Bible was inspired by The Holy Spirit. I'm not sure I believe in all that that non-denominational denomination practices but the basics seem okay. I do think humans with a reasonably healthy fear of God are less likely to harm others and more likely to live an honest, good, kind, helpful existence. I've tried everything humanly possible to pull my friend out of the mess she's in and cushion my efforts with prayer. God and a miracle are her only way out. Thank you ladies for being supportive. I love you for that!!! Prayers and blessings...

#162025 - 10/07/08 03:02 PM Re: The Good Suffer...? [Re: jabber]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
n.a.p., EW... hope others introduce new and strange words to us so we can learn more... and I went to bed thinking about what you said concerning the 'amazing' brain. I think you're right. Instead of it being some strange phenomenon (something odd like hearing/seeing words on two planes, ESP'g into/from a later date, getting a word-by-word message from an unseen source, whatever) it probably is coincidence... using an uncommonly used word, tuning me into noticing it if it's spoken or written within a short memory time span. It still feels weird when it happens.

Jabber, it is so hard hearing about your friend. But, you do know it's good to talk about it. We're hear to listen, no matter how many times you mention it. Something similar is going on in my mom's life, BUT it's my family (siblings - shared parentage) ) who are doing it to her... my situation - probably not any more personal to me as your situation is to you, but I expected more from family.
Why is such happening to two Godly women? He is preparing them, as they have prepared themselves. If, by truth and fact, they have put on the full armor of God, they have nothing to fear. My mom was the most faithful and forceful prayer warrior I've ever known. (I put it in past tense, because she is so drugged up, now, I doubt she has the capacity to fervently pray in a drugged state.) She has been an intercessor for sooooo many... an effective one, too. That, to me, is the greatest loss to the world, in her case. The only thing I find comfort in is that someone is learning a lesson by the horrible circumstances she has been brought to bear... God must have known she was that important and has placed her where he needs her as a means to an end. For me, it has taught me to fight (as in strongly oppose, seek justice - not physically) those who wrong her. By nature, I retreat when faced with controversy or conflict. I won't go into the limitations I've faced, but, to let you know, I am deeply saddened by your friends state of affairs. Give her a hug for me AND MY MOM.

#162043 - 10/07/08 05:04 PM Re: The Good Suffer...? [Re: gims]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
I am going to refer to earlier posts here on this thread where some of you ladies mentioned !bad people"...how do we know..I mean really know if someone is bad? By their deeds perhaps? But do we really ever know WHY someone does what they do? I can go so far to say that I don´t know for absolute certain that Hitler was a bad person..because I cannot see into his heart and soul. I am NOT defending what Hitler did by any means..but I am trying to to go to extremes to make my point. He did bad/evil/ horrible things to so many..YES. But is he a bad person? I don´t think that´s for me to say. I come originally from the Czech rep. so my family has suffered 1st hand from Hitler..I am not discussing this politically..but rather spiritually...

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved