The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 93 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#161767 - 10/04/08 07:51 PM Re: The Good Suffer...? [Re: Mama Red]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
AMEN to that, Eidelweiss!!!! AMEN and Halleluja..

#161820 - 10/05/08 04:25 PM Re: The Good Suffer...? [Re: humlan]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Mama Red,
I read that book, too, a while back. It didn't help me as much as it helped you. I don't blame God for the "bad" that happens in the world. I believe He's a good God. I'm just questioning why He doesn't jump in and protect those that love Him when they need help and ask for it. I agree. I didn't ask to be born.
And I can't decide when I'll die. And in between, I probably shouldn't question the stuff I don't understand or like. When my firend's unpleasant situation began, another friend advised me, "Don't question why!" And most of the time I try do what she said. But it's hard being human and I get off the beaten path sometimes. Thanks for all the input ladies!

#161821 - 10/05/08 04:27 PM Re: The Good Suffer...? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
A while ago, I said I wasn't going to bring this situation up any more. But a broken heart has a big mouth now and again!
In the future, I'll attempt to suppress the misery as much as possible.

#161827 - 10/05/08 05:56 PM Re: The Good Suffer...? [Re: jabber]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
jabber, I hope you don't stop. thinking things like this through helps us all.
first, we can see into the thinking of an array of beliefs. second, we can help each other make sense of this journey by letting each other know we have like questions
third, we can think as one brain, bringing in a collective understanding from diverse experiences
fourth, we can support each others doubting, encourage further thought and acceptance
five, we can make it easier on each other by opening our ears and our hearts... has anyone ever noticed that 'ear' is embedded in the word 'heart?'
six, we learn
... and so on....

Anne0327, your answers would mirror my answers, having been subjugated by Christian teaching for the better part of my life. There have been various PBS specials and books (many which I have watched and read, respectively) explaining, tearing down, building up, making sense of, introducing new elements, and fathering points with counter-points on the Christian faith (from whence your answers seem to stem). That is a piece of the puzzle, but just a piece, IMO. Personally, I think the answer to jabber's question goes to a point beyond that.

EW, you have touched on that very point with your answers, by virtue of "maybe we have humanized him too much." I ditto your statement "...God is a force in nature that is beyond our comprehension" and add, God is not to be comprehended. He is not the gray bearded mass of a man sitting on a throne waiting to strike us down on a whim or lift us up on the whisper of a prayer. Likewise, we are not 'our form.'

Part of the way I find comfort in how the universe works, I think these few words when I am in the throws of a problem or am witness to an injustice, "when prayers collide." One wishes (prays for) one thing, while another wishes (prays for) an opposing thing. This was to be the title of a book a sister and I started writing about five years ago.

I believe mankind has taken the wrong path. We have not concentrated on the 'spirit' things. We've focused on the 'ego' things - adding adjectives = pure spirit vs. selfish ego. If we don't branch over to the spirit path soon, we will surely bring greater doom to ourselves, mankind. To add, the spirit path is not paved with religions, which foster ideologies, human traits (ego, being one, but the biggest), and divisiveness. The greatest gift preachers, pastors, priests, rabbis, shamans, teachers in all sects, influential individuals, philosophers, etc. could give the world would be to direct our thoughts and aims to spirit, of which God is. There are opposing poles to everything, "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction," Newton. The paradoxical nature of life, Mama Red touched on. I believe this applies to God, in spirit, too. A person who adopts and practices the good God energy, will bring good to earth. Those who adopt and practice the bad, bring the bad upon us. We are all living the same experience, just on different stages... my stage may have a bare bones backdrop, while yours has an opulent over-staging, but the three part play is the same - we are born, we live, we die. I'll add here, my play may be a tragedy, yours a comedy, while yet another is a 'feel good.' They are all equal, but which has the most value? I have my own opinion, but I'll leave that question for you to answer.

I, too, have asked jabber's question, not unlike every other who has a brain that functions with any normalcy. The answer is deep within all of us... even those who choose to keep channeling the bad energy of the universe.

these are my opinions...

#161861 - 10/05/08 09:45 PM Re: The Good Suffer...? [Re: gims]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Spot on Gims, spot on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#161862 - 10/05/08 09:46 PM Re: The Good Suffer...? [Re: Mama Red]
Mama Red Offline

Dearest Jabber

PLEASE don't stop asking and questioning, please?

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

#161866 - 10/05/08 09:55 PM Re: The Good Suffer...? [Re: Mama Red]
gims Offline

Mama Red, please pray that I continue tapping into the good God spirit (insert a slight nod and imploring look from gims)

#161907 - 10/06/08 02:31 AM Re: The Good Suffer...? [Re: gims]
Mama Red Offline

Dearest Gims

Of course, of course! (And the imploring look was the kicker...darn it anyway...MR laughing!) I know you're already tapped in and will stay that way. With your heart, nothing else is possible!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#161909 - 10/06/08 07:20 AM Re: The Good Suffer...? [Re: Mama Red]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Gims said:
Quote:
…we can think as one brain, bringing in a collective understanding from diverse experiences
What a sisterly thought. I love it.
Quote:
"when prayers collide."
Gims, here is my official order, when your book comes out!
Quote:
There are opposing poles to everything, "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction,"
How very true
Quote:
My play may be a tragedy, yours a comedy, while yet another is a 'feel good.' They are all equal, but which has the most value? I have my own opinion, but I'll leave that question for you to answer.
I don’t believe in horoscopes, fortune tellers, or in anyone who claims they can see in the future, because I don’t think there is a plan. I believe our lives are a combination of coincidence, especially as to where we were born and raised. It’s a question of our health our ambitions, and if we have the energy and know-how to carry them through. One thing we all have in common, no matter where we live and under what circumstances, and that is time. We al have the gift of time. What we do with it is our own choice.

#161921 - 10/06/08 10:32 AM Re: The Good Suffer...? [Re: Edelweiss2]
gims Offline

lol.... did you read 'plan,' EW, instead of 'play'... If yes, wanta borrow my glasses? If not, I'll respond with:
I read horoscopes every so often, but after the fact.
you said - "...our lives are a combination of coincidence..."... sometimes I wish the coincidences would stop... at least for a week, or two!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved