The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 130 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#16166 - 02/06/04 04:46 PM treadmill, doing fine
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Just wanted to check in any say that my new treadmill--I've had it now for over two weeks is working well. I've lost two pounds so far and I feel stronger.

However, I took a nasty fall on the ice the other day and hurt with left knee. Will have to abstain from the treadmill, at least for a couple of days. I won't let it stop me--will be right back into it probably this weekend.

As Gilda Radner would say, "It's always something!"

#16167 - 02/07/04 12:22 AM Re: treadmill, doing fine
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Ann, Are you dieting also? I need to lose weight and don't know exactly waht fits me. I know this sounds dumb but I was always so skinny that I have no concept of dieting and self control. I have never had to do it.

Now that I do, I am at a loss.

Do you watch TV or read while walking? Does this work? How much do they cost? Good models without a lot of bells and whistles?

Lynn

#16168 - 02/07/04 03:38 PM Re: treadmill, doing fine
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lynn, I hear you. I haven't always been skinny, byt thin. I'm up aginst the same thing you are. I'm even exercising and gaining weight.

I just have to stop putting as much food in my mouth, but I've never really hadd to think about that too much before. It's a BAD habit I have to break.

Are you interested in doing an online diet with me? We could email everything we put in our mouths. that should work...if we're honest! [Razz]

#16169 - 02/07/04 05:34 PM Re: treadmill, doing fine
Lynn Offline

Dotsie, It might work. Group stuff motivates me more than single stuff. Too bad we don't live closer - we could be those overweight ladies all wrapped up against the elements walking our weight off and solving the problems of the world at the same time!

Give me some thoughts on how it would work and we'll try.

#16170 - 02/07/04 05:58 PM Re: treadmill, doing fine
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Gee, I wish for a walking partner. I've had one for years, but she got knee problems and had to quit. Without even gaining weight, I've been a blob ever since.

My kids thought we were hilarious. Sometimes we walked before it was completely daylight and we wore these glow in the dark vests that we found on sale somewhere with glow in the dark stocking caps. The kids called us red light women. They would be so embarrassed if they passed us on the bus to school, but we both felt great, had a lot of energy and saved a bundle on psychiatry bills.

I bought a treadmill a while back, but got bored with it quickly. Tried reading and watching tv while walking, but I'm just so darned boring, I couldn't stand myself.

I bet anyone on here would make a great walking partner.

smile

#16171 - 02/08/04 06:42 AM Re: treadmill, doing fine
scootermammy Offline

I walk between ten and fifteen miles every week (alone - I like to walk alone), I'm a vegetarian, and I try to not overeat but still I can not lose weight. I have gained a pound a year since I have been thirty which makes me twenty pounds overweight now. I love to snack in front of the TV at night but really I don't think I eat THAT MUCH! I don't know what the problem is.

#16172 - 02/09/04 08:06 AM Re: treadmill, doing fine
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Scooter, I have a thought. One that I tried to make a habit for my kids when they were younger. Instead of taking a bag or box of something to sit in front of the TV [Razz] , put a smaller amount in a baggy and take that to the TV with you. You end up eating much less...unless you keep going back and filling the baggy! [Eek!]

Can you imagine how much you would have gained had you not walked? Walking is such great exercise. Just don't give it up when the scooter arrives. [Big Grin]

#16173 - 02/09/04 08:21 AM Re: treadmill, doing fine
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Lynn and any other women who want in.

Just some thoughts:

Boomer Women Speak Diet

-Make a group e-mail.
-Commit to doing 30 minutes of exercise 5 times a week.
-Commit to being honest about reporting in an e-mail every little morsel we put in our mouths.
-Send the e-mails daily allowing one day off per week.
-Encourage each other to do better with each passing day.
-Promise to stick with it for a month.

I don't think we should make weight loss goals.

I think it will help to see what other women are eating and staying awwy from.

We can add a little humor to the posts, like avioided eating a double dip, but still had a large single dip! [Eek!]

I tried this with my sisiter and a friend and it was fun. We didn't keep at it though. We thought it would have made a fun little book because it was practical, logical, and hysterical. We were amazed at some of the stuff we ate and didn't even think about.

My friend went to a bull roast while we were doing it and her list was so disgustingly long. It woke her up to her eating habits and lack of discipline.

Just like nay other diet, they only work if we stay committed.

Anyone in? I'm game! Other ideas?

I think we could learn lots from one another.

Friends Heal Friends by taking away the extra poundage! [Big Grin]

#16174 - 02/09/04 01:56 AM Re: treadmill, doing fine
Lynn Offline

I'm in! Just leave lots of room around my seat!

Lynn

#16175 - 02/09/04 02:23 AM Re: treadmill, doing fine
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Put me on the list too. I tried Atkins and did well for about a week. Lost a few pounds. Gained 'em back with a couple of extras. I've never had this much trouble losing the Christmas fluff before. I'm FRUSTRATED!!!!

smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved