The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 136 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#162164 - 10/08/08 07:11 PM Re: For future after..NEED HELP IN REACHING CLOSU [Re: Whirlwind]
cyclinggal Offline

Loc: Arkansas
Well, he obviously craves something because he spends lots of time on Yahoo Personals (where I have a hidden profile). At this point in my life, I am not into men who are immature and cannot communicate. Also, I value a man for his integrity, and a man who lies on the dating websites about his age tells me he is not comfortable in his own skin. The guy is 67 years old. When is he going to "get it"? Maybe he will find a women who wants a "fixer upper"!

Yes, we are the stronger sex.

#162183 - 10/08/08 09:04 PM Re: For future after..NEED HELP IN REACHING CLOSU [Re: cyclinggal]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
WOMEN RULE!!!!

Now before any man can learn anything,
they must first admit they don't know everything...

Just tell them right up front!

I don't even care about my problems,
why should I care about yours?

I'm not obsessive-compulsive,
I'm super meticulous...

I feel like a dung beetle,
does that answer your dam question?

Just a few words they need to hear from us...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#162185 - 10/08/08 09:23 PM Re: For future after..NEED HELP IN REACHING CLOSU [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Nice to meet you, cyclinggal,
I read your thread and gathered my thoughts.
It seems to me that this man might be afraid of commitment, period. Many men who are of a certain age, as someone before me said, have heavy baggage. It is nice that you were not keen on "settling," or encouraging him beyond his abilities.
He's lonely, he's desparate, and he's confused.
Do you have any feelings for him that prevent you from any cycling trips with him or do you not enjoy his company because he is limited in what he can do in a relationship? I was wondering because you said you missed the interaction but did not want any more involvement.
Do you feel he is a waste of time even as a friend?
I'm just asking. You know him and if he would give you an ounce of strife, I believe you should avoid him.
If there are chances of meeting others you may like on outings with him, he might be a doorway to other things.You could be honest with him and tell him you want NO intimacy with him and are, in fact, interested in meeting other people. If that is tolerable, you could go on some outings and yes, meet others who may be real men! I don't know tho.

Again, if he is an ounce of strife for you, kick him to the curb, you don't need that in your life.

By the way, I think you handled him with excellent class and honesty. I am impressed with you.

What do you think?

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#162229 - 10/09/08 12:38 PM Re: For future after..NEED HELP IN REACHING CLOSU [Re: dancer9]
cyclinggal Offline

Loc: Arkansas
Dancer - yes, I sometimes do miss doing things with him because we are both retired and were free to pick up and go. However, I don't miss him that much!! I'm the one who has the friends, and he was hiking and cycling because I asked him to join the bike club, etc. I have plenty of friends to do things with - he does not - and he needs to get a life. Things just changed for me when he pulled that little disappearing act after we had done things together for over a year. I'm kind of funny about being "friends" with someone I don't respect. To me, a friend is someone I can be comfortable with, communicate with, and just enjoy being with. I don't feel that way about him anymore.

#162285 - 10/10/08 12:55 AM Re: For future after..NEED HELP IN REACHING CLOSU [Re: cyclinggal]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I see what you are saying, cyclinggal. You are, of course, correct in your choice. I did not know he was so unpopular and so difficult.

Yes, he's better off away from you and out of sight if possible! smile

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved