The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 57 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#160616 - 09/22/08 10:21 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: humlan]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Persaonally I think I am doing too much still. Running to mthe SPCA, fostering some new pups and ghostwriting two books and trying to keep my house from falling apart under me. I have a couple of doctors appointments soon, for new glasses and a troublesome womens problem. Lately at night I just fall into a chair and watch mindless TV. I'm not even crocheting just now, waiting for sizes to come in to complete orders. I have plenty of energy thank God, but just spreading myself too thin...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#160641 - 09/23/08 01:02 AM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: chatty lady]
Mountain Ash Offline

Chatty
"Its a wise woman who know herself." And if you think you are spreading yourself thin...take care.
Can you be pampered for a day or two by a friend...?

Mountain ash

#160687 - 09/23/08 02:16 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, I'm with you on the being spread too thin piece. These past couple weeks have been a whirlwind and I don't see it ending soon. While some of the time has been spent doing fun stuff, racing and squeezing in anything is no fun.

My flowers in the pots are dead. I haven't watered them in two weeks and it's been gorgeous with no rain. So much for them. I've hardly cooked, but I'm cooking tonight - finally. All three of the kid's rooms are exactly as they left them, pretty much. One bedroom is empty and I really want to get busy doing something with it, but have had no time.

I started saying yes to a few volunteer jobs that I wnat to do, but maybe I need to wait until another season of life before doing so.

Life goes on...

#160806 - 09/24/08 10:39 AM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Mountain Ash, if only I did have someone to pamper me! Nope my pampering days are over. I get to the pool when I can and love sleeping in, phone ringer turned off, but thats about the extent of my pampering, sigh!

Dotsie, me thinks your plate runneth over!!! Try and relax girl.

#160838 - 09/24/08 07:25 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Sleeping in is a great way to pamper. I'm going to try to do that on Saturday. We'll see what happens.

I think I'll start a post on sleep.

#160972 - 09/25/08 06:37 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Dotsie]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
O yes!! Sleeping in..with the telephone turned off is WONDERFUL!!!

But ladies..Dotsie and ChattyLady..take care now! But then you know that, don´t you??

I am sitting at my computer eventho I shouldn´t..I have a backache frown..but it´s fun for now anyway.

We´ve had some LOVELY autumn weather here lately and I am thoroughly enjoying it and my job that allows me to be outdoors almost all day with the kiddies grin

My oldest daughter..in the US..keeps reminding me how I wanted my son to move because it was getting so tight in our 1 bedroom apartment (3 adults)..so I am going to have to slug her very soon..and remind her when her turn comes..if the old battle ax (me) is still around mad wink

However, my daughter is having a very very hard time of it..things don´t look good at present..so my heart bleeds for her..

And I am wondering if anyone has heard anything from Dancer?

#160981 - 09/25/08 07:20 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: humlan]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Dancer send me funny emails almost daily, I think she is fine but if she reads this I'm sure she'll answer you for herself.

#161232 - 09/28/08 06:39 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: chatty lady]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Ok..thanks ChattyLady. By the way..no package yet. But sometimes it takes awhile..the pond is a big pond smile

I have had a lovely lovely week-end! Yesterday, Saturday, my partner and I visited with some very good friends. He has bought a small house outside of Stockholm and his son is going to live with him..the son is 14yrs old. He seems so happy after a rough period when his current relationship ended. This friend is a laidback guy who has a special love for the Am. Indian..the ones that lived on the plains. He makes dreamcatchers or whatever they are called..and all of us that know him well, have one that he has made for us personally over the years. I once gave him my mother´s old mink coat to use..she would have a caniption if she knew...he of course used some of it to make my dream catcher..which has a the siluette of a young girl picking flowers..my Susan..who died many years ago..as most of you know..my dear daughter of 11 at the time. Another couple..my perhaps closest firend and her partner came along to visit ..so it was really a wonderful evening.

And today, the sun was shining and the autmumn leaves were glowing..so my partner and I went our near-by lake..which many years ago was the home of a rather large Viking group..so this place is mystical. And just by going there..you can soak in some of the energy of old..or so I think! wink

And now I am here visiting with you all..it can´t get much better than this grin HUGS TO EVERYONE!

#161315 - 09/29/08 02:22 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: humlan]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I haven't heard from dancer.

humlan, I love your sense of humor regarding your family.

Your weekend sounds lovely. Being outdoors this time of year is so invigorating, and adding friends to the mix must have been awesome.

Ross went to Florida after work on Saturday and comes home today. He has a friend living there and they both love to fish and play tennis. Nice break from the fire routine.

So I've been alone since early Saturday morning, and enjoyed it. Spent Saturday morning cleaning and organizing clothes, food shopping, having lunch with my life-long girlfriend of 44 years, and I'm 50. We got all caught up with one another's families and enjoyed a few laughs about getting older.

I also spent a few hours at church Saturday and Sunday. I'm on a committee to hire a new director of music for our upcoming comtemporary service. I was most impressed with the 20-somethings that found the job of Craig's List and auditioned. It was refreshing to see several very put together, confident young musicians. I wish we could hire them all.

Saturday night, my daughter, her beau and I went to a bluegrass festival at a friend's home. This is an annual event with a tremendous bon-fire, a renovated barn with lot of great food all around, comfy chairs, and musicians at every turn. People show up with their instruments and just pick up with other musicians to play. It's one of my favorite evenings of the year. Everyone is outdoors, eating and drinking, singing and playing, and reveling in the picturesque atmosphere. Kids love it as much as the adults. They had tractor rides around the farm and the kids run wild. Reminds me of the good old days when kids played outdoors non-stop.

I spent yesterday with Dad, going through old photos and cards, etc. It was a bit emotional because he wants to get everything out of the apartment except what he absolutely needs. While it makes sense, it saddens me because it's as though he's preparing for the end.

Last night I dropped off a walker to a friend who was kind enough to loan it to me in case Dad needed it. She invited me in and we sat for a couple hours talking about caring for our aging parents, the empty nest, menopause and all the other midlife stages.

While I miss Ross, it's also fun not having to think about a soul being at home waiting for me; just being responsible for myself.

Tell us about your weekend...

#161354 - 09/29/08 08:30 PM Re: Check-in..Tell us how you are doing.. [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Saturday went to the Summerlian Art festival, it was a two day affair out of doors and the art was magnificient. I saw two paintings I wanted but I haven't even got room on my walls for a calendar let alone large paintings.

Spent a quiet Sunday finishing a poncho for Dotsies neice. Making a fabulous lamb casserole, and watching the return of Desperate Housewives, and a few good movies later in the evening. The dogs and I were asleep by 1:00 a.m., thats early for me.

Page 5 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved