The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 167 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#16058 - 03/13/04 01:57 AM Re: Curves?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
TCF, you deserve a pity party. Pain is a bummer.

Back to curves, I once considered buying a health club franchise and was informed that exercise places do not make money from people coming for exercise.
They make it from selling membership contracts. They market memberships in cycles and with each marketing blitz, they sell tons more memberships than they could possibly accomodate. They then purposely make it difficult for people to attend by limiting hours, etc. When that group of contracts run out they open up the hours and offer a lot of perks for the next marketing blitz and sell more contracts and do the same thing again.
I've noticed that with exercise places around here pretty often. Maybe curves is the same. Hope not.
smile

#16059 - 03/13/04 01:58 AM Re: Curves?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
TCF, you deserve a pity party. Pain is a bummer.

Back to curves, I once considered buying a health club franchise and was informed that exercise places do not make money from people coming for exercise.
They make it from selling membership contracts. They market memberships in cycles and with each marketing blitz, they sell tons more memberships than they could possibly accomodate. They then purposely make it difficult for people to attend by limiting hours, etc. When that group of contracts run out they open up the hours and offer a lot of perks for the next marketing blitz and sell more contracts and do the same thing again.
I've noticed that with exercise places around here pretty often. Maybe curves is the same. Hope not.
smile

#16060 - 03/16/04 07:43 PM Re: Curves?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I think the Curves all have different hours. It depends on the owner. Our hours were just extended, but they are still closed on Sundays. I love that! It's one day I don't even have to think about going. I wish eveything else was closed on Sunday like it was when we were kids. Remember that?

#16062 - 05/11/04 06:55 AM Re: Curves?
Dian Offline

Loc: Moundsville, WV
My Curves in Moundsville, WV, is wonderful. In two months, without dieting, I lost 10 pounds and 14 inches and a whole size. I was more energetic and it actually helped ease my fibromyalgia symptons - until November 2003. My body is at war with itself, so I'm currently on medical leave from Curves - but I recommend it to anyone, especially someone who hasn't worked out in a long while. The hydraulics are good for beginner and middle level workouts. The best advantage I saw was the combination of aerobic, stretching and weight resistance training. In the first month, I lost 5 inches from my tummy. Without a Diet!

The atmosphere at my Curves is fun and uplifting. We all laugh a lot.

The owner of my Curves explained that as the membership increased, so do the hours and the ability to purchase new equipment. We are up to 10 machines, which is great for a town with only 10,000 people.

#16063 - 05/12/04 07:24 AM Re: Curves?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Dian, I counted this morning and we have 13 machines. Our hours are really great too. I think it's because I live in a very populated area and that makes a difference.

Curves has been a God send for me because my walking partner moved and I use to walk almost 4 miles about 5 times a week. The thing I like about Curves is that I'm working my whole body and not just the legs and butt!

Praying you get back to it soon! I think the atmosphere is therapeutic. [Big Grin]

#16064 - 05/12/04 07:26 AM Re: Curves?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Also, my son informed me that Curves was the second fastest growing franchise last year. First was Subway.

Sounds like we're becoming healthier Am [Big Grin] ericans!

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved