The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 156 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#16048 - 03/04/04 02:27 AM Re: Curves?
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Curves just arrived in my town. What is the fee? And does it matter when you show up or do you just jump in and start rotating?
Lynn

#16049 - 03/04/04 04:07 AM Re: Curves?
Agate Offline

Loc: Minnesota
I've avoided any type of health club membership like the plague. I've paid big bucks and gradually never go, plus I can't add another thing to my to do list or I'll collapse. But you guys are making Curves sound like a fun social event, much more fun than walking the treadmill in my cold, dank basement. In fact, I could be exercising right now instead of typing. Does typing burn any calories?

#16050 - 03/04/04 07:20 PM Re: Curves?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Typing must burn calories, either that or we all have skinny fingers! [Razz]

Lynn and all the other non-Curves members. I want to let you in on a little secret... [Wink] I just learned this morning.

First of all, Curves charges a $74 one time membership fee and then you pay $29 a month. You can also pay as you go and then it's 39$ per month.

But here's the secret... [Eek!]

from March 8-12 you can join for FREE and only pay your monthly fees. They are waiving the $74 membership fee if you bring in a bag of non-perishable food for the homeless.

All you have to do is call your local Curves and make an appointment. This is ANY Curves in the U.S.!

So all you women out there who have been thinking about it, now's the time. Imagine saving $74!!! [Big Grin]

If you have any questions, fire away... [Big Grin]

#16051 - 03/09/04 01:05 AM Re: Curves?
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Are the Curves in other locations open weird hours? It seems every time I go, their hours have shrunk and I'm starting to re-think my membership. It started out 8-12 and 3-8 M-Th. Now it's 8-11 and 3:30 to 6:30 M-Th. On Friday the hours are even smaller.

No, we don't have networking tables or fun days or anything, just go over there and work out. They do have 2 tanning booths (big whoop, imho).

#16052 - 03/09/04 01:49 AM Re: Curves?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thistle Cove Farm, YES the same thing seems to be happening here in Vegas. I thought maybe it was just here, guess not. I'll wait and see what they do but three days last week they weren't open at all. Hell of a way to run a business.. [Roll Eyes]

#16053 - 03/12/04 03:57 AM Re: Curves?

I should nevah have made that crack about Queenie (sofa, chocolates, Monk)...in the next couple of weeks I'm worried more about "spread" than "curves". I feel down the *last*! step two days ago and banged myself up pretty well. Sprained the left ankle, twisted the right knee and jammed my back.

Right now, I'm slathered with blue emu oil, wrapped up with ace bandages and laced up with an ankle wrap. Oh, no chocolates but I do have an ice cold Harp's beside me. I'm one of those cheap dates, two beers and I'm needing a pillow .

I'm still feeding the critters though. Went outside this afternoon and took some really cute photos of the sheep and lambs. We're supposed to get snow and below zero wind chills tomorrow so today was a gift.

Curves...not for a while.

#16054 - 03/12/04 03:38 PM Re: Curves?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh my gosh! Sandra you poor thing! I am so sorry to hear about your nasty fall...you just take care of yourself girl.

I will be thinking of you and relating...well, minus sheep...I HAVE been counting them some nights... [Wink]

#16055 - 03/12/04 06:59 PM Re: Curves?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Sandra, Once again, you have me aching for you. Gee, I hope you are better soon. In the mean time, enjoy the chocolate and rest.
I and the rest of the boomers and the Sheep are all praying for a quick recovery.
smile

[ March 12, 2004, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#16056 - 03/13/04 08:45 AM Re: Curves?
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
I hope you feel better soon TCF. I wouldn't worry to much about the spread if your still feeding the animals.

#16057 - 03/13/04 01:35 AM Re: Curves?

Would one of y'all please tell me how does one "feel" down the last step!??? Sheesh!

Those ibuprofen must have kicked in just about the time I was writing that post!

Thanks for your heartfelt good wishes. I've done too much today and am now having a pity party because my ankle aches (it's a small party though, I forgot to send out invitations). I did get some GREAT photos of the sheep, lambs & horses! Dave is trying to get the website updated but, by the cursing, I can tell he's not having much success.

I agree, Chatty, how can Curves stay open when they are closed all the time? Or something like that...

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved