The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 144 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#16035 - 01/23/04 10:29 PM Re: Curves?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Oh yeah JJ. I'm with you. And I'll bet you're on the edge of your seat waiting to see your son dangling by his teeth over a tank of sharks while eating dog guts and being buzzed by killer bees on fear factor too.

Fear Factor is more of a showcase for stupidity than anything else if you ask me. Hate it. Just another way to titilate the public while increasing unemployment among writers.

Besides, who needs reality? I live reality every day and I'm here to tell ya' dangling by my teeth over this tank of sharks ain't all it's cracked up to be.

smile

#16037 - 02/23/04 11:35 PM Re: Curves?
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
I took a break this morning and went to Curves. Seems the one of the owners is pregnant and wants to sell the business. I hope she's able to sell to someone who will make it work. Right now it's not being managed very well. For example, when they had their grand opening they, very generously, served food. The menu? Potatoe chips and dip, sausage balls, cake...is it just me or does anyone else see the irony here?

Here we were, sweating to the oldies, and then we bellied up to the food bar. They, again very generously, invited Dave in and served him food as well. As we're driving home, we were both laughing at ourselves and me. I worked out and then pigged out; what a happy ejiit!

Actually, I didn't pig out but I wanted to!

#16039 - 02/24/04 06:28 PM Re: Curves?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ah Curves, one of my favorite topics these days. [Big Grin] I love that place.

The gal who owns the one I attend has been living out of state and is now in town. She is working on bringing the members together and making it more fun. Do any of you play games, or have Crazy Wednesday?

They said we're ging to start playing games, and have backwards day on Wednesdays. they're adding a table for women to leave business cards, sell baskets, candles, etc. I'm all for activites that bring women together.

What goes on at your Curves?

Did you know there are 7,000 of them? Growing faster than McDonalds...See there are so many of us boomers at the stage in life where we need to do something about our aging bodies! [Eek!]

#16040 - 02/24/04 07:03 PM Re: Curves?
smilinize Offline

Gee, you girls are making me jealous. I live on the edge of a fast growing bedroom community and there's a Curves in the city (20 miles), but I try to avoid that at all costs so I wouldn't go and I know it.

I need one closer. I want CURVES.

Maybe we will get one soon.

smile

#16042 - 03/03/04 07:03 PM Re: Curves?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Curves is a haven for women. Mine is relatively new and I think they are doing what they can to improve comraderie among the members.

I heard there are 5,000 of them. They are in all 50 states, Canada, Mexico, and Europe. They have grown faster than McDonalds when they first opened. [Eek!]

#16043 - 03/04/04 12:51 AM Re: Curves?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
CURVES is a big deal here in Vegas where hesalth clubs, spas and gyms are in abundance. They are everywhere, hoqwever they are filled with these spandex wearing, stick people that think they're fat, haha!!I laugh and cough, ick, yuk. I put on my sweat suit and walked into an exercise class in one of the popular gyms about a year ago. I walked in, took a look around me, and walkedback out. Thank God, for Curves. All thwe womwn there look like me, sweat suits and all. Dotsie one year ago (I'm ashamed to admit this but) I weighed in at 353 lbs. Today by watching my food intake and going to Curves I am 210 lbs. Still over weight for my 5ft, 5 frame. I need to lose another 100 or so lbs. I have no reason to think I won't. Curves are women like all of us and they are so helpful and happy when we reach our next goal. I am so happy to have found CURVES. I bought the 2 books he has out called Curves, the power to amaze yourself and also Curves on the go. Both by Gary Heavin the founder & CEO. I like the on the go one. Good luck Dotsie...With summer coming I will be out walking and on my bike again and expect to lose it all this year. [Big Grin]

#16044 - 03/04/04 12:55 AM Re: Curves?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

P.S. Please excuse the sloppy typing I feel awful today, NO excuse to not proof read. I am a writer after all, hahahahaha, choke, gag, cough!! [Mad] [Mad]

#16045 - 03/04/04 01:20 AM Re: Curves?
smilinize Offline

Oh my gosh... Are we being graded on typing? Okay, I'm heading for the the dunce corner right now. My eyes are not what they used to be and I often post when I'm half awake (semi-comatose). And I'm a terrible typist. Can't proofread nothin' and type at 60 mistakes a minute.

Got my dunce cap on right now.
smile

#16046 - 03/04/04 01:27 AM Re: Curves?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

All of your posts are so true. Jawjaw I know what you mean about lies. I watch THE AVERAGE JOE reality show and so far the girl has picked the hunk over the poor average shmoe, oops meant Joe. I ask myself why these men allow themselves to be made fun of and made to look like misfits...Go figure....Would any of you allow yourself to be on a show called say: My Big Fat Wife To Be???? I wouldn't and I am still big and fat...Which ever one of you said its ALL about the money is right on. Stupid, sickening and for the money. But you know what WE are the reason they succeed, we watch them. [Roll Eyes] I was mesmerized by Average Joe and never missed a show, call me crazy and I make sure my Thursday night is free so I can watch SURVIVORS, so ladies I am guilty, guilty but I need a good laugh sometimes too. [Big Grin]

#16047 - 03/04/04 01:29 AM Re: Curves?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

One question , why is this topic under CURVES?

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved