The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#16005 - 10/27/03 07:42 PM Curves?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anyone in here ever been involved with one of these places called Curves. They're popping up everywhere in Baltimore now.

I've heard they are great. Thirty minute workout, all women gym, great music. I'm tempted to see what it's all about. ANy in your town?

#16006 - 10/27/03 10:29 PM Re: Curves?
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Yes,
We do have a Curves. I haven't been there because I'd rather walk but a lot of my friends go. They love it and swear by it. T think its working for them. Who knows when it starts raining......
Maggie

#16007 - 10/28/03 04:56 AM Re: Curves?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
yes, we have um too...quiet frankly, I'd rather have a root canal... [Roll Eyes]

#16008 - 11/06/03 06:19 PM Re: Curves?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oh come on queen. A root canal instead of exercising? You must not have had the dentist of my youth. [Eek!] [Mad] He pulled teeth without numbing ya! He'd dig out decay and fill a whole the size of your mouth withuot using ANYTHING for pain. I'm surprised I didn't break the arms off the chair. Bad memories!

Okay, so you've all heard my poor sob story about how my walking partner moved away. I have kept it up and walk with different women on occasion. I have one regular walking partner and that's on Fridays...(my favorite day to walk now because of her). Something to look forward to. [Big Grin]

I'm trying to figure this exercise/age/weight thing out and here's the latest: my daughter and I joined Curves. Last night was our first work-out and we really liked it. We think it will be especially good for her Diabetes.

For those of you who don't know about it, it's a no frills gym for women only (just my style). There is a circuit of equipment and in between each piece of equipment is a pad to jump around/dance on and then you hop on the next piece. The music is going (oldies) and every so many seconds they tell you to move on. You do the circuit twice in a half hour, stretch a little and then you are on your way.

It's also pretty social(which I love). The equipment is in a circle so we are all facing one another and commenting, chatting, laughing, and talking about the left over Halloween candy! And I didn't start that conversation either. [Wink]

If you are looking for a way to get in shape and there's one near you, check it out. It's fast and fun.

#16009 - 11/07/03 01:19 AM Re: Curves?
Teri Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I actually own a womens 30 minute workout. It is called Contours Express. We use actual stacked weight machines as well as cardio stations. I was a member at curves before I opened my business 2 years ago and found that I had maxed out on the hydraulic equipment. [Frown] Contours is great and the results are fantastic. [Big Grin] Anyone out there a member of a Contours Express? Let me know how ya like it!

#16010 - 11/07/03 05:27 AM Re: Curves?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Wow Teri, neat! You go girl...You own your own gym. Fantastic. Do you have a web page so one can check out Contours? Not that the Queen needs to work out now mind you...but I might want to check it out...for a friend... [Wink]

#16011 - 11/08/03 01:53 AM Re: Curves?
swimbo56 Offline

Loc: Towson, MD
Great Dotsie! Wish I could do it with you. If you want to walk and it's not before 9am, call me, I'm usually game. I miss having a regular walking partner too. Mine went back to work full time. So call me.....

#16012 - 11/10/03 03:33 AM Re: Curves?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Teri, tell me about the hydraulics, but please don't say it's bad for me!

Great idea to open your own. Any plans for franchises? And if so, what makes it different from Curves?

I think you must really feel blessed to have all those women coming to your club. You can really set the tone for your club. Have you made many new friends?

I like the gym I'm going to because I went to school with the owner's sister. There are 11 children in their family. I've been twice and seen 3 of the girls in the family already. They are fun-loving people and as a result they've created a fun place to hang out and exercise. [Big Grin]

#16013 - 11/21/03 10:30 PM Re: Curves?
Teri Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
My Club is a franchise already. Its called Contours Express. I LOVE having this place. The women who come in are wonderful and there is a real sense of "connection" there.

The weight lifting is done at a steady pace and you get both the positive (lifting the weight) muscle movement and the negative (lowering the weight) movement. This is the most effective way to tone the muscle. The results are fast and you can lose inches quickly. [Big Grin]

Hope that helps. I am always glad to hear that women are taking care of themselves and that includes exercise!! [Smile]

#16014 - 12/09/03 06:53 PM Re: Curves?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Well I finished my first month at Curves and I'm lovin' it.

I was weighed and measured and lost one lousy pound. In some places I got bigger and other places I got smaller. I think it just depend who measures you and what you have on that day.

No great shakes as far as those results, but I feel better knowing I'm working on my body from head to toe.

I haven't been walking so this has been a trade off. I miss being outside so I need to add some little walks just to get the fresh air.

What is everyone else doing to take care of you bodies...other than working our mouths when we eat those Oreo's and Taco Bell creations? [Eek!]

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved