The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 70 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#159641 - 09/12/08 06:19 PM Re: My latest Neurology exam [Re: ]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Sending healing prayers your way Dancer. Take good care of yourself.

#159765 - 09/13/08 11:09 PM Re: My latest Neurology exam [Re: chickadee]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Chick, thank you for the prayers, I am grateful.
Meredith, you are correct, as you usually are, I am in a great time of change. For example, I will never perform on stage again as a dancer, I can only choerograph.
I may have to re-educate in another feild. I may decide to retire completly and not work, as luckily, I can afford it.
My husband's idea is that I do retire and for once, sine I was a kid, (he has known me since I was a kid,) relax, and find hobbied, etc... (Like working at the hospital.)
Mountain Ash, wise words, and I feel that way, I don't want sympathy, I want support for the emerging "me." I am open to ideas, new friendships and new experiences. It is a "trick," really, as you cannot take the dance out of me in my gestures and all movement. I have that with me all of the time, and I have tons of reminders of that life. I've been bronzed, I'm framed in elaborate ways, etc...
I must create or serve, I am certain of that.
Anne3, thank you for caring about my pain. I become more and more used to managing it and finding a level of painkiller to work with. At least my doctor is willing to treat it with no judgement and in fact I am on less pain medication than she thought I would need. I joined the American Pain Foundation and became a spokesperson for them.

I am open to ideas, friends, and cheerleaders!

With your help, all of you, I can look upon this as an adventure, certainly.

I am touched by your reaching out to touch the very problem.

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#159778 - 09/14/08 12:08 AM Re: My latest Neurology exam [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
What about teaching dance to youngsters, maybe those not as fortunate as some health and wealth wise? You seem so gentle and kind and children need this from a teacher, someone to guide them with a velvet hand. I can picture you surrounded by happy, smiling, eager to learn children.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#159797 - 09/14/08 08:10 AM Re: My latest Neurology exam [Re: chatty lady]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Dancer, so sorry about the news you were given. The others have given you great ideas. I am sure that you will soon have "a new normal"; you'll be so proud of yourself!

#159831 - 09/14/08 05:27 PM Re: My latest Neurology exam [Re: diamond50]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Dancer, when I was younger as I mentioned before, I wanted to be a dancer. Situation: It was a far fetched idea to most people in my part of the world. What I saw on TV was just a dream and I really didn't know how to go about fulfilling it. My parents weren't to blame at all. It just sounded so far fetched where I was from. Plus I was short and that kept me back more than anything I guess.
OK my point... There are many "me" kids out there who don't know where to begin or are afraid to try. An unreachable dream...unless a believer such as yourself finds a child who needs mentoring. Why not search out someone to mentor, train and encourage. Someone who has the dream but cannot afford the lessons. Someone who you can teach to be the best they can and want to be. I only wish I could have found my 'dancer' mentor when I was a young child.
I too hope you are feeling better.

#159847 - 09/14/08 08:18 PM Re: My latest Neurology exam [Re: chickadee]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Chick, Chatty, when you put it that way, and I think of my young teaching days, you make sense.
I just might do that.
And Chick, if I were there, you'd be getting lessons right now!
Every woman deserves to be a dancer, and any age is okay to start. (It is!)
D9
(Many have asked me to teach. I will look deeper into those.)

"Question your privilege"

#160381 - 09/20/08 11:20 PM Re: My latest Neurology exam [Re: dancer9]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Dancer..You were looking for cheerleaders smile you´ve got one in me..and all of us here, it seems.

I feel for you so much..but am also excited by the ideas for a new path expressed in this thread. And I add one of my own..along the same lines..why not a "dance therapist"? You would have to study again..the therapy part..which would go along the lines your husband was thinking..and then you could use your enormous experience and vibrant, provacative personaity to help those that have lost their way. It just a suggestion to consider. I DO like the idea of you helping children fulfill their dreams,too smile

You seem to know how to cope with pain..which is much more than I can do. And I certainly hope that you will not be tormented by alot of pain.

When one door closes...another opens..my friend. It´s never just that easy..there is SO MUCH to get used to..to accept..to decide..to do. But all this could perhaps lead you down surprsingly new and unexpected..never dreamed of..paths.

Sending you all my love..your cheerleader Humlan smile

Please keep writing about how you are feeling and thinking, dear Dancer...you are an inspiration to me..as always.

#160469 - 09/21/08 05:07 PM Re: My latest Neurology exam [Re: humlan]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Dancer, I just caught this thread and have read all the way through, my words for and to you have already been voiced by our other boomer sisters. As we say at home, my heart goes out to you and your anguish. I too will hold you close in my heart and prayers.

Having read all of the thread, I got to thinking about changes..and mused for a little..hope you don't mind what came next(it's a wee bit on the juvenille side..but what the hey ;))I am going with my gut feeling here.

‘The Flutterby’
Only little, my dreams were vast,
growing bigger those dreams did swell
firstly on paper, and the world in my mind.
few knew or cared and in shade,
so far, I flourished in hiding
still believing and ‘woolgathering’
in my heart, in my wits.
I was a blessed little lass
who had a yielding clever Grandad
who talked as I would,
who never ever scowled.
He told me many stories
and I told mine right back....
I was his favoured ‘flutterby’
who saw more beauty by the day
‘change’ he said was wonderous
when I would ‘be’ my imaginings
and ‘they were never far away’.

Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#160522 - 09/22/08 12:52 AM Re: My latest Neurology exam [Re: Poppie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Poppie, you my dear heart are amazing...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#160590 - 09/22/08 06:06 PM Re: My latest Neurology exam [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
poppie, very sweet.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved