The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#168656 - 12/23/08 01:35 PM Re: “A” is back with her parents. [Re: Dotsie]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Edelweiss, I am so happy for you. I want you to know that I have thought of you often and hold you in my heart daily while I have been absent.

What a wonderful Christmas present. And, what a beautiful young kindergarterner. Bless you.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#168680 - 12/23/08 04:57 PM Re: “A” is back with her parents. [Re: Edelweiss3]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Oh EW...somehow I skipped this thread and was just reading throw many of the posts. What a precious amazing spirit ...you AND "A"! I'm soooooooooo thrilled to hear that things are turning around for all involved. What a gift, what a blessings, what a joy!!!!!!!!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#179300 - 04/05/09 08:40 PM Re: “A” is back with her parents. [Re: Edelweiss2]
wendyangell Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, Pa
I feel your pain! I am the grandmother of a beautiful little 6 year old granddaughter. Last year my daughter left her husband and came home. My "A" (really!) and I were inseparable. We have always been close and she knows that nanny is always there for her. Well, long story short, my daughter has lost her mind and the child's father is an evil sociopath. They have kept her from me, have broken me financially and emotionally and have put me in a position of having to battle for "A" in court. The laws for kids are awful! No one listens to them or looks out for them. I am angry, hurt, broken-hearted and don't know where to turn. We raise our children with values and love and when they turn around and hurt us through our children it is twice the pain. I hope your situation changes soon and I know how hard this is for you. I was immediately drawn to you from the title of your post. If anyone knows how to help us grandmothers who just want the best for our grandkids- PLEASE let us know. the pain is unbearable.

#179308 - 04/05/09 09:47 PM Re: “A” is back with her parents. [Re: wendyangell]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Welcome Wendyangell and I am sorry we meet in such a sad state of affairs. I truly hope things turn out well for you and your A.
Keep us posted and even if there is little we can do, we can listen and share your feelings. Hugs from a boomer sister.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#179319 - 04/05/09 10:09 PM Re: “A” is back with her parents. [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Wendyangell, welcome to BWS. Glad you chose to jump in and share.

Have you Googled grandparent's rights? It might help to know what rights you have in this painful situation. I'm sure there's soemthing about this online since so many boomers are going through similar situations.

#179339 - 04/06/09 03:47 AM Re: “A” is back with her parents. [Re: Dotsie]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Dear Wendy,

I know how to help grandmothers who just want the best for their grandkids. Share your pain with the wonderful boomer ladies here. Vent and think out loud. It truly helps you see more clearly, and as DJ stated in her post, you must try to see over a decade.

My situation has changed because I have changed. I have learned to let go. I have learned not to fret over what I can not change. This took a long time and I still have downfalls,… but it was this attitude that helped me the most. You have to look out for yourself and mother your inner child as well. Your granddaughter will always know and feel the love you have for her. And when she is older and more independent she will understand and appreciate what you have been going through for her sake.

I hope and pray the best decision will be made for your grandchild’s sake.

#179343 - 04/06/09 07:34 AM Re: “A” is back with her parents. [Re: Edelweiss3]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I think EW is so right. A child will be better for the love given by special grandparents. Both 'A's will, I'm sure.

#179377 - 04/06/09 03:50 PM Re: “A” is back with her parents. [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I love the thought of the kids grwoing up and being able to look back, recognizing who had thier best interest at heart.

Ross wad an incredible tie with his paternal grandmother. She adored him. She was the constant in his life while his parents married and divorced a couple times each. His parents also adored him, but they were busy moving around with different people. She was always there and was extremely stable and nurturing. Unfortunately, she died when he was 16, but I feel like her know her because of all the stories he's shared through the years.

#179592 - 04/07/09 11:13 PM Re: “A” is back with her parents. [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I believe all we as parents and grandparents can hope for is to be remembered lovingly by our children and grandchildren. Thats the true fame I'd like in my life.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#179769 - 04/09/09 03:16 PM Re: “A” is back with her parents. [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Hi Wendyangell,
Welcome to the boomers' site. I have a special place in my
heart for grandmothers. My maternal grandmother was the sweetest
person I've ever known. She went to be with the Lord in 1961;
but she lives forever in my heart. I'm sorry you're going through
this situation. It does sound terribly painful. There's a
prayer thread on this forum, and I know everyone of these ladies
would gladly pray for you. I just sent a prayer to Heaven for you. Dotsie's suggestion was a wise idea. Google grandmother's
rights and see what you can find. God Bless!

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved