The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 205 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#167925 - 12/17/08 04:24 PM Re: “A” is back with her parents. [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California

smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

That is GREAT news! I know you've heard it from all of us before, but she is one beautiful little girl! And again, she's lucky she has you for stability.

#167943 - 12/17/08 07:10 PM Re: “A” is back with her parents. [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
EW, I'm celebrating with you and your good news. I'm so glad to hear they are in counseling becasue often, one will agree and the other won't. This is great news.

And isn't it the truth? Who needs anything material when you can have peace within your heart.

#167953 - 12/17/08 08:34 PM Re: “A” is back with her parents. [Re: Dotsie]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
EW..WOW she certainly looks like she's laughing the laugh of angels!!!

I am sooooo happy for all of you...and it's a good sign that they are doing marriage counseling. It seems as tho they care about making it work!!!??

Merry Christmas smile..with your best gift of all in your heart!!!!

#167962 - 12/17/08 08:52 PM Re: “A” is back with her parents. [Re: humlan]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I'm in the middle of wrapping Xmas gifts, but decided to take a peek in the forum. Hey Humlan, you posting from the States? That's cool!!! Got to check if you posted elsewhere. I'll see you around.
Thank you all for being happy with me. grin

#168006 - 12/18/08 01:20 AM Re: “A” is back with her parents. [Re: Edelweiss3]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh EW, what a beautiful child she is. Just her smiloe and those sparkling eyes tell a story. For her and for your sake I hope all works out well. I can't stop looking at her precious little face...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#168354 - 12/21/08 06:35 AM Re: “A” is back with her parents. [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
EW...I've spent the last twenty minutes reading this forum from start to finish...What I've 'seen' in the readings of all the posts from all the women here is a gathering of arms that stretched around the world to embrace another woman who was in such pain. EW, you began with sorrow, with sadness, then shock, then anger, then resentment, then hopelessness, then dispair. I could feel every emotion you displayed through your words and with each additional response I felt a coming together that is usually not felt in ones family...only here have I ever felt/seen this kind of support for anyone in pain such as this and others. This is a place to find peace and those who speak from experience or who simply wish to comfort are truly the wind of hope beneath the wings of dispair.
EW, I am so happy to hear that the course your son, DIL and little A are on is slowly being less crooked and troubled. They're trying and you're included and A is happy, again. You are the most perfect example for your granddaughter about never giving up. Look at what you went through with your husband long, long agao. I remember the struggles you fought through and the strength that it took to make it through. You are probably my biggest hero and my greatest inspiration of hope. In a private message to you about something I'm going through, you gave me wise advice and it comes from your own experience and wisdom. It comes from a woman who never gives up even at the darkest of times...you, my dear friend, have a strength that is unshakable and whoever is lucky enough to have you love them...well, all I can say is I can understand why little A responded the way she did at being pulled away from you. My God, woman, do you understand truly how special you are to all of us? How much we need you in our lives? And how by the responses from these awesome women here, I would not have been surprised to hear that all of them had boarded a plane to Germany to fight on your behalf. What a sight that would be, eh?
I certainly don't have any advice to give on this subject...there's nothing I could say that would be better than what's been said...what's comforting to know is that the outpouring of support and love on this site is like nothing I've ever witnessed ever in my life and I dare say will ever see anywhere else.
Give that darling child a hug for me and then put your arms around yourself and sqeeze once for me to you...and keep holding that beautiful, strong chin of yours high. Keep it high so you can continue to teach little A how to handle life when it gets rough...she's learning from the best teacher she could possible have...her Oma. No one will ever take your place in her heart...no one.
Take care, sweetheart.

#168389 - 12/21/08 04:17 PM Re: “A” is back with her parents. [Re: Dee]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany

Dee, your post gave me a rapid exchange of goose-bumps, blushing, giggling, and welling up. Jeez…menopause is nothing compared to this. I'm just glad I wasn't listening to sentimental music while reading, or I would have been howling like a lap dog.

Quote:
…the outpouring of support and love on this site is like nothing I've ever witnessed ever in my life and I dare say will ever see anywhere else.

Yes Dee, it's incredible. Everyone's posts on this thread, have been a balsam for my soul. I'm so blessed to be a part of this wonderful forum, which has become my life line in so many ways. I can't thank you all enough for being there, just listening, and letting me vent. The compassion here and in many other threads is overwhelming. And it's a reason that I love this forum so much. I love all of you more than all the stars in the sky… something I said to little " A" every night,…and I mean this from the bottom of my heart for all my dear friends here as well.

If I can just return a little bit of the kindness that I have received from all of you over the years, then my happiness is complete.

I thank you all, and "A" thanks you too for making her Oma so happy. I swear, I got to work my bippy off in 2009 so that I can afford to rent a trailer and visit each one of you.

#168503 - 12/22/08 12:36 PM Re: “A” is back with her parents. [Re: Edelweiss3]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
It has been quite a journey for you, Edelweiss! I'm happy things are moving in the right direction and pray they continue to do so. As Dee had mentioned, anyone loved by you is a most fortunate being. I know that personally, my dear friend!

#168593 - 12/22/08 11:46 PM Re: “A” is back with her parents. [Re: ladyjane]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hey Edelweiss, maybe we can go dutch on that trailer?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#168649 - 12/23/08 12:53 PM Re: “A” is back with her parents. [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
EW, praying you enjoy your Christmas Eve with your family at your son's home. I hope Mom can keep up with you!

Oh, and please don't forget that you promised us photos of the doll house. I can't wait to see A playing with it.

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved