The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 174 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#15976 - 11/20/03 07:32 PM Re: Atkins Diet anyone?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Will definitely look for that chocolite next time I'm there. We get some groceries there, but not much. I'll have to post about the salad I make with ingredients from there. It's delicious. Hmmm, romaine lettuce, their already cooked taragon and herb spiced chicken, then they have these crunchy, low fat flat bread type things that you use as croutons, lots of freshly grated parmesan cheese, and their Romano Caesar dressing. It's so good...my mouth is watering.

#15977 - 11/22/03 01:35 AM Re: Atkins Diet anyone?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Dotsie,

You need chocolate NOW!!

smile

#15978 - 11/27/03 09:46 AM Re: Atkins Diet anyone?
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Oh hallooooo..........it's been ten days and I've lost another 6 or 7 pounds in that time. I've lost a "ledge" off my hips and OH MY GOD!!!!I HAVE SEEN MY COLLAR BONES ! THEY'RE STILL THERE!!! [Big Grin]

#15979 - 11/27/03 04:54 PM Re: Atkins Diet anyone?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Kate, what an announcement on Thanksgiving day! You'll be a whole new you for Christmas.

My husband stuck very strictly to the South Beach Diet and only lost 4 pounds after the first two weeks. [Mad] He thought he should have lost more. He only needs to lose ten. [Big Grin]

#15980 - 11/28/03 06:49 AM Re: Atkins Diet anyone?
DreamrKate Offline

WeLL... I wasn't QUITE as good as I had hoped. I had eight people at the dinner table, with full bowls of stuffing, mashed potatoes (real ones), salad, rolls, cranberry sauce, jellied and whole berry, sweet potatoes, turkey....mmmmmm, and banana pudding. I made cherry, peach and pumpkin pie....

I ate two cherries ...right after two tablespoons of stuffing and cranberry sauce, a very small piece of a roll...mmmm, and that was it. But BOYYYY I wanted to eat more! Shouldn't I LOSE calories for wanting more and not eating it?

I think SO!!!! Oh, but I forgot my point, my point was that all of those people, and three of them were my growing sons, plus one very large boyfriend (my daughter's, not mine) and my husband who has hollow legs....and it seemed like everythong ate gobs and didn't hardly make a dent in the food. Amazing! So who's been eating it all all these years? Did I used to make less or (a very scary thought) was I grazing my way through the preparation, the the cooking and the clean-up? That is SUCH a VERY scary thought!

[ November 27, 2003, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: DreamrKate ]

#15981 - 11/28/03 06:56 AM Re: Atkins Diet anyone?
DreamrKate Offline

And I did eat turkey and my cauliflower mashed potatoes. THAT saved me! Otherwise I might have really blown it. The scale will tell on Monday. [Razz]

#15982 - 11/28/03 07:50 PM Re: Atkins Diet anyone?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

DK, hmmmm, scarey thought. I *munched* my way through cooking yesterday, and I know I had a couple helpings of dressing before dinner even started.

Congrats on sticking to your diet for the day. [Big Grin]

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved