The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#15966 - 10/29/03 04:42 AM Re: Atkins Diet anyone?
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Oh my GOSH, I'm SO sorry... [Eek!] I totally forgot about it when I got to work today. The website is www.lowcarbfriends.com

The recipe room is where I found that recipe but let me find it and I'll just print it here.
It's not rocket science, let me tell ya, but then when you're gonna rip off someone's face for their candy, who cares. And seriously, I've actually weighed out the consequences of assaulting someone for their cheeseburger. No jail time yet.

LOOK AT THIS: (got slightly sidetracked)
Allmost Ice Cream
Ingredients:
1 8 oz pdg cream cheese
1 pckg sugar free jello-any flavor
1/2 container of cool whip
How to Prepare:
Prepare jello according to package. Let set for 1 hour in fridge. Mix in softened cream cheese until smooth. Fold in cool whip. Freeze.

Serves 8; only 2.2 grams of carbs per serving

QUICK AND EASY PEANUT BUTTER SNACK
Ingredients:
2-4 tbs. Peanut Butter
1 tbsp. Cocoa
Splenda to taste

How to Prepare:
combine ingredients in a bowl and mix. Refrigerate and roll into balls or eat with a spoon now!
Serves: 1-2 people
CarbsPerServing: 6
Prep Time: 10 min if even
Effort: Easy

I'm with the "eat with a spoon now!"

#15967 - 10/29/03 04:52 AM Re: Atkins Diet anyone?
DreamrKate Offline

Fortunately I'm not big on chips, but potatoes, oh god yes.....and sour dough bread..and a cube of butter....it's disgusting. I mean really, if it was sex or those... it would take a few minutes to decide.
There's a recipe on that website that says for mock baked potatoes you take some cauliflower, "cook the snot out of it" and then mash it and slather it with butter, sour cream and cheese and bacon bits. THAT just might work.

#15968 - 11/13/03 05:56 AM Re: Atkins Diet anyone?
DreamrKate Offline

Well fine....I'm replying to myself... but that's okay. Current update on my Gee-Dr.-Atkins-I-Love-You diet? I know you wanna know..."and how much have you lost Kate?," you say.
"Well, when last I checked (this morning), I'd lost a total of 16 pounds in a little over three weeks (I think)," I said.
"And are you finding this way of eating difficult?," you ask.
"Why... not at all," I say, "because really, once one makes up one's mind, one can really do anything," I say rather smugly.
"Oh be careful with the smug there Missy," someone calls out.
"Oh I know," I say. "I'm just once chocolate covered almond aways from a whole Halloween sack," I say, not so smug after all.

But I am doing very well and haven't cheated. I wake up alert and as disgusting as this sounds, well not disgusting, but dumb looking, I have had to put on a belt with my jeans and tighten it up to keep them from sliding down my hips, so they're like gathered......what a wonderful feeling! Thank you for asking.

#15969 - 11/13/03 06:09 AM Re: Atkins Diet anyone?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
DK! I am so proud FOR you! Not only have you lost 16 lbs in three weeks, you have started a new career in humor writing! LOL! You go girl...I am going to have to try this diet. I have not smoked in three weeks tomorrow. But...I have eaten everything that wasn't tied down. I was already fluffy...so...!!!!

#15970 - 11/13/03 07:43 AM Re: Atkins Diet anyone?
DreamrKate Offline

Hi...I'm not kidding, this hasn't been that hard. Probably the first week was a little rough but once you figure out what you CAN eat, it's not so bad. I am getting a little sick of eggs for breakfast though so I'm having to sort of work around that. I haven't figured out how or what yet, but I will.
I've been having eggs and bacon for breakfast and thank GOD I can get our cook to make them for me at work. I stopped just short of telling him that he really doesn't know how to cook soft-scrambled eggs. He gets pissy and might not cook them for me at all if I complain. And I don't want to eat that early in the a.m.

So what do I eat, you ask?
Well, I eat some fried pork rinds, a little cheddar cheese, lots of celery, some with cream cheese, some because all of a sudden it's really good, I eat steak and have always loved it but I just don't eat that much of it anymore. I eat salads and since I'm not supposed to eat all that much of it, I prefer to use just the most beautiful parts of the head of butter lettuce and a few pieces of tomato and avocado with Italian dressing. And I did try that gross sounding cauliflower thing and it was REALLY good. Mmm...let's see, anything else?
Why YES....sugar-free JELLO WITH WHIPPED CREAM. I may make that my main staple. In fact, it may be all I eat for days because it's so not diety.
Try it.

#15971 - 11/13/03 07:50 AM Re: Atkins Diet anyone?
DreamrKate Offline

I totally forgot the main thrust of the message... when I was reading parts of the book (Atkins).. he explained that when you eat carbohydrates they turn into fuel for your body and that's what your body burns and as we all know, if you don't burn all those calories/carbs that you shovel in, they are soooooooon to be stored in the great parking garage of the hips. When you deprive your body of carbs it starts in on the stored fat. So basically, what that means to me is that every time I pass up the bread, every time Ben and Jerry and I don't sit down to dine together, my garages are being emptied......that did it for me.

#15972 - 11/13/03 05:33 PM Re: Atkins Diet anyone?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
DK, way to go girl. Thanks for sharing what you are eating and how it's working for you.

My husband is doing the South Beach Diet. Only needs to lose 10 pounds, but he's a diabetic and his doctor wants him weighing the same forever, which is great that his doctor stays on top of that.

I'll post about the beauty of this diet in another forum about diabetics, but for here I wanted to share what I make him for breakfast.

Vegetable Quich Cups: from the SOuth Beach Diet site...

1- 10 ounce package of frozen spinach
3/4 cup lifquid egg substitute
3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese
Can add peppers, onions, and dash of hot sauce too.

So simple to make!

Just whip it up and put in greased, foil cupcake holders. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

Nuke in the mornings. He eats 2. Makes 12.

Dk, maybe this could be a switch from the bacon and eggs. [Wink] Happy eating/dieting.

#15973 - 11/14/03 09:41 PM Re: Atkins Diet anyone?
swimbo56 Offline

Loc: Towson, MD
I just started the Atkins diet on Monday. I am a carbohydrate ADDICT. 3 years ago I found the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet by Heller and Heller. I had 100 lbs to loose and over a year lost 50! Great. Then I got stuck, for a whole year. I was at one of those"set points" I had hit after the birth of my 3rd child. Then last year I continued on the diet but cheeted. Guess what, I got off that "stuck" and of course gained 20 lbs. It was a diet easy to do anyones life because you ate vegys and protein for breakfast and lunch and then for 60 minutes at dinner you ate your dinner and could include the 5 breads recommended per day and the 3 servings of fruit and your milk or alcoholic drink. You must stick with the 60 min. The theory being you only raised your blood sugar during that one hour every 24. You were also allowed any dessert you desired so you never felt deprived. Now I've started Adkins and wow is that restrictive. I love my multigrain breads and fruit all that are supposed to be good for you physically in moderation and I am a chocoholic. So wish me luck. My hope is that I can loose 30 lbs on this, down to 160 and then back to the CHD for the other 40 lbs, as it seems to fit my life better. I will be strict with it not like the past year. You can't even have caffein. Help. I am also trying to make myself exercise religiously. One good side effect so far, my fasting blood sugar this morning was 76!(i am a type 2 diabetic, diet controlled), yesterday was 84. Had been 95-105 normally, my last A1C on CHD was 4.9, super for anyone. My doctor had been very pleased. Now I guess I must be careful and watch for low blood sugar. Go figure. Not sure what I will do if that is the case since I'm not allowed orange juice or glucose tabs with the Adkins diet. I'll let you know how I progress.

#15974 - 11/19/03 02:10 AM Re: Atkins Diet anyone?
DreamrKate Offline

I so want to know! I'm doing well still, which is amazing in itself because I like candy and I like Coke....and cheeseburgers, enchiladas......oh shoot.....see I haven't had lunch and I really shouldn't even be thinking about these things because it turns into the house that Jack built and I'm on my way to an enchilada......so more later kids.

#15975 - 11/20/03 12:53 AM Re: Atkins Diet anyone?
DreamrKate Offline

ShutUP!! I can have CHOCOLATE? oh god, is this going to be like the "Candy I can have!!" thing for me?

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved