The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 78 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#158533 - 09/03/08 12:03 AM Re: Republican National Convention [Re: Princess Lenora]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Have you seen the link JJ put up under Recommended Links her post # 158450? It's hilarious! of the campaign

#158538 - 09/03/08 12:15 AM Re: Republican National Convention [Re: Princess Lenora]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Princess,

Great Idea and I will check under that post . Thanks

Renee

#158602 - 09/03/08 01:10 PM Re: Republican National Convention [Re: Sadie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Sometimes, folks with little money are jealous of those with
lots of money and the latter get gossiped about for no reason.
They're accused of all sorts of things they never did or never even thought of doing. McCains are big hearted people, you can
see that in the faces of their children. The "Left" will hound Sarah Palin till election day. She looks strong enough to withstand whatever they throw at her.

I was very disappointed when Hillary gave up for the good of her party. I would've crossed over party lines to vote for her.
I think handsome, hubby Bill was a bit of an anchor for her and his misadventures took the float out of Hillary's boat.

Whichever party gets in, lets pray they fix what needs fixing
in this country, the greatest country ever!

#158604 - 09/03/08 01:12 PM Re: Republican National Convention [Re: Princess Lenora]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
Cindy Hensley MCain's family (on a shoestring) started "Hensley & Company," which originally had 15 employees and sold 73,000 cases of beer a year. It became an Anheuser-Busch beer wholesaler, now considered the 3rd largest Anheuser-Busch distributer in the US.

After founder Jim Hensley passed on in 2000, daughter Cindy and her children inherited 68% of the company....

While some Anheuser-Busch distributors have ended their exclusive arrangements with the beer maker, analysts believe that Hensley has no plans to do so. Hensley also is a major contributor to charity in the Phoenix metropolitan area, donating about $1 million per year to various causes and starting the Hensley Employee Foundation in 2001.

Resource: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hensley_%26_Co.

#158606 - 09/03/08 01:40 PM Re: Republican National Convention [Re: jabber]
Josie Offline

Yes, I agree Jabber, that sometimes folks with lesser money resent those with more. I am also seeing that many who have been in Washington DC far too long, consider themselves above the average person, unless it is election time, when politicians come down off the mountain top to say temporarily that they are like everyone else.

I don't know if this tremendous liberal media bias against Governor Palin is pure sexism or because she is from a small town and governs a state known more for its moose and glaciers than for fancy restaurants and super malls. If it wasn't for Fox News, I would get the impression that Governor Palin is an empty-headed pretty backwoods female who ran a small town for a couple days and who now is trying to compete out of her league with the big boys. Oh, and even women reporters on pro-liberal stations are questioning why a mother of 5 would ever want to leave her children to be a VP.

Funny how Edwards cheating on his dying wife and STILL running for President was covered up by the media for such a long time. I wonder why that deception to the American people by a man running for the Presidency was hidden by the press. I really liked Edwards too. I'm livid about this double standard treatment.

We boomer women, we Americans, deserve better.

I'm glad when moms can afford to stay at home with their children. I worked many years as a night nurse while my husband worked days, so one of us could be home with our one child.

I greatly admire Governor Palin, who apparently sleeps 3-4 hours a night, her ability to balance her large family and extensive work life. No one asks a male-politician how they are able to balance both.

I thought we boomers answered that question decades ago.

#158609 - 09/03/08 01:54 PM Re: Republican National Convention [Re: Josie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Josie,
I was hugely disappointed by Edward's conduct, too.
Here too: I worked nights and hubby worked days while our son was a baby.
And I like Sarah Palin. I hope she stands up against the Washington establishment, without batting an eyelash!

#158611 - 09/03/08 02:08 PM Re: Republican National Convention [Re: jabber]
Josie Offline

Me too, Jabber. I hope Governor Palin's speech tonight hits one out of the park. I've studied her resume and she has more leadership and multi-tasking experience than the TOP of the other ticket. She ALREADY has a proven record as a reformer.

Gooooooooooooooooooooooo Sarah!!!

#158619 - 09/03/08 05:42 PM Re: Republican National Convention [Re: Josie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I am watching and listening closely to her, this woman could be the 'dark horse' this campaign needed. And I agree GoooooooooooooooooSarah!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#158623 - 09/03/08 06:14 PM Re: Republican National Convention [Re: chatty lady]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I will be watching the convention tonight again and really looking foward to seeing Sarah Palin's speech tonight . I watched many speaker's last night also. Didn't they also go over McCain's Bio last night ? This is very exciting .

Like you said go Sarah.........

Renee

#158635 - 09/03/08 08:36 PM Re: Republican National Convention [Re: Sadie]
Josie Offline

Hi Renee... McCain's bio was described in a video and by Fred Thompson and close friend Joe Lieberman. Videos of Republicans Abraham Lincoln and Ronald Reagan were shown earlier in the evening.

A Democratic woman named Harriet Christian was on Fox News just now and said she is a former Hillary supporter who has started a watchdog group called "The New Agenda." She said there are at least 5 million fellow Hillary supporters who feel it is very important to elect John McCain, as he is standing by his female VP candidate, unlike what the Dems did to Hillary Clinton, who brought in 18 million votes. She added that she is so sick of the sexism and she's not going to vote for a party, when its women are treated like second class citizens.

This Presidential race is getting more interesting by the day....

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved