The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 217 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#158591 - 09/03/08 11:56 AM What do the "fires" mean? How to I get email..
underwearmaven Offline

Loc: Winston Salem, NC
Hi,
I'm new to Forums, Threads, Postings- It's a new language but I think I'm figuring out. And yes, there's probably tutorial somewhere on this site probably titled "Tutorial" that I should study becasue it will answer all my questions. Someone please point me there. smile
1. What do the fires mean?
2. How do I get an email alert when someone answers my posting?
3. Can I sort Forums based on lastest update?
4. And Queen JJ seems extremely Tech Savvy. I'm impressed.

Thanks!

#158594 - 09/03/08 12:24 PM Re: What do the "fires" mean? How to I get email.. [Re: underwearmaven]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
First, please beware - if you feed JJ's ego like that she'll get out of control. smile

1. The fire means it's a "hot topic". Usually lots of frequent posts.

2. Go to the top where it says "My Stuff" and choose "Preferences". This is where you can select your options, including if you want to be notified by email when you get a message.

3. To sort forums by latest update, I'm guessing you'd like the link "Active Topics", also on the top bar. I always choose that link to see what's new since I was here last.

4. JJ IS tech savvy, we're all impressed. Now if she could only tie her shoes.... JJ, it's around the tree and through the rabbit hole, remember??

#158596 - 09/03/08 12:45 PM Re: What do the "fires" mean? How to I get email.. [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ahem....not only is JJ tech savvy, she has a moat around her castle that bad girls have to clean....ringing any bells Dolphin? Hmmmm? Wanna be stuck with moat duty all of Sept and miss your trip? Hmmm?

You best start sucking up, gal...and I suggest you listen to Underwearmaven who obviously has a great sense of identifying SAVVYness...

Now UWM...did that answer your questions? There is a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section at the top of the menu, but in my own opinion, it covers very little and needs to have more info in it. I found it rather useless. Can I say that? Dotsie, don't shoot me! Eeeeek!

#158600 - 09/03/08 12:59 PM Re: What do the "fires" mean? How to I get email.. [Re: jawjaw]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Shakin' in my boots, JJ..... smile

Thanks for the early morning laugh. Now tighten that velcro strap on your shoes before you trip, girl!

#158614 - 09/03/08 03:01 PM Re: What do the "fires" mean? How to I get email.. [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Okay, who told her I fell out of my Birkenstocks? Who squealed?!! Not funny. Not.<Queen folds arms and pats foot>

#158618 - 09/03/08 05:40 PM Re: What do the "fires" mean? How to I get email.. [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oops! Was that suppose to be a secret jj? She made me tell JJ, she was holding my buffet plate hostage...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#158633 - 09/03/08 08:07 PM Re: What do the "fires" mean? How to I get email.. [Re: chatty lady]
underwearmaven Offline

Loc: Winston Salem, NC
Hi Dancing Dophin and thank you! I read it and now need put into ACTION.

Ladies, I love to read your bantering!
thanks for sharing! sincerely, Lea

#158648 - 09/03/08 09:51 PM Re: What do the "fires" mean? How to I get email.. [Re: underwearmaven]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Ok, then since we are discussing savvy techies, or not, can someone please tell me this: in my signature I have "so no shed TEARS are wasted." I would like to take the TEARS and create a link to my site. http://www.beyondthetears.com
I noticed that Eagle has something similar. Her sig says "My Book" and it links to her without the sig saying the name of the book. I'd appreciate any help. And we should set up a poll to see how many of us wore our hair like Lea in grade school!

#158653 - 09/03/08 10:03 PM Re: What do the "fires" mean? How to I get email.. [Re: Princess Lenora]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Princess, this is taken right from the FAQ section on UBBCode: go to your Profile page, and go to the box where you want to change your signature. If you click on the link that says UBBCode, and then scroll down and click on the question about UBBCode, and then scroll down to the section named "Link", you'll find this piece of coding. It might not work here, unless I remove one of the brackets. But I won't be able to edit it. So I'll include both here, just in case:

This is what the code looks like:

[url= link ] title [/url] = Makes the given title into a hyperlink pointing to link.

So you would type "so no shed [bracket] (don't type the word bracket, just insert a square bracket) url=http://www.beyondthetears.com] TEARS [/url [bracket] are wasted (I had to remove those two brackets to show you what the rest of the statement should look like.

This is what it will look like when I insert those two brackets:

so no shed TEARS are wasted

(Maya Angelou)

#158656 - 09/03/08 10:42 PM Re: What do the "fires" mean? How to I get email.. [Re: Eagle Heart]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Eagle, thanks for explaining. I must not have my thinking cap on because I tried 3 times and I'm not getting it right. My brain fogged.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved