The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 123 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#159910 - 09/15/08 03:38 PM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: humlan]
keyholes Offline

Loc: Ohio the heart of it all
I like the idea of a feel good day! I have one simply through pure coincidence today: major power outages here in Ohio. I was one of the FEW in my area to have power today. So...my work office is closed...I am at home relaxing! (I do hope though they restore power around here soon, we got hit with winds from Ike over the weekend, many many people, over 1 million are affected here with no power and some damage like downed trees.) This morning feels like a million bucks to me because I just have been so incredibly busy...at home, working in my gym shorts and sports bra (aahhhh so comfortable!), savoring that 3rd cup of coffee, and watching my cat snooze in the window smile

Let's see...

reading a great book on a lazy Sunday afternoon
a long hike in the woods around here
chocolate in any shape or form (candy, ice cream, drink)
candlelight at home in the evening while I relax
a ride on the motorcycle through country roads w/the SO is always a great piece of feel-good fun!

#159922 - 09/15/08 07:46 PM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: keyholes]
Mountain Ash Offline

We call days like this "A Home Day"
those times when the children were over the worst part of childhood illness and well enough to appreciate being here
on the sofa...tv on and watching a programme seldon seen.
Or
when snow sends us home..we are all warm and safe.This
happens some winters.and nothing would make anyone go
far.
Usually weekends are busy.Trips further afield..but on the weekends no one goes out we have the same feeling.I make
toffee apples or baked rice pudding..

#159927 - 09/15/08 08:11 PM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: Mountain Ash]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
MA< I think if swomeone said to me, from now until you pass away there is only one food you may have to eat, what would it be? It would definitely be RICE PUDDING. I love it!

I have a pot of grilled chicken noodle soup on the stove thats been cooking all morning, gfilled with fresh veges, egg noodles and grilled chicken I wish I could have you all over for a bowl...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#160019 - 09/16/08 02:16 PM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: chatty lady]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
I´m on my way, dear dear chattylady! Sounds so skrumptious..and cozy and warm and lovey in the tummy!!

I really LOVED reading all the feel good days and the home days..

It gives me hope and a smile on my face..and so much love in my heart..which I can spread around here in my place..Sweden!

I am kinda having a home day today..or a feel good day today. My IBS tummy acted up all nite. I just couldn´t crawl to work today..so I am at home..pampering myself totally and fully. Eating only toast and such, true..but there´s more to life than just eating..or so I keep telling myself!!! grin

#160029 - 09/16/08 03:30 PM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: humlan]
keyholes Offline

Loc: Ohio the heart of it all
Chicken noodle soup is what my mom always made for colds, sore tummies, etc. I still love to put on a pot now and again made from scratch. The grilled chicken soup sounds delicious!! It's been too hot here for me to want soup yet. But I'm sure once October comes and we get cool weather, I will want some plus stews, other soups, chili, and all that other good homey cold weather food.

Still at home myself and trying to get some work done. This darned power outage here is driving everyone batty. I have power, but about half the central Ohio region is without. My office is without. We communicate via cell. Or some of the guys gathered at one of their homes with power to work together. I don't need to be with them to do my job, so I stay here. It's nice to be at home, but I'm beginning to feel out of touch with the world now. Not much to do and most chain stores/groceries/malls are closed due to no power too. Maybe I'll just take that hike in the woods today. But I am lucky. I have a fridge running and full of food, running water and electric.

Humlan, hoping you are feeling better!! Pamper yourself until you're back at it.

#160036 - 09/16/08 05:14 PM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: keyholes]
Mountain Ash Offline

Tell Chatty
I like the sound of the chicken soup.
I'll bring the puding if you make the soup.
Sundays when I was small we would have rice pudding.I would be walking with my Grandfather and he would say time to head home..the pudding is starting to get its skin on.

I add sultanas nutmeg grated over the top.
It can be made in a slow cooker also but slowly baked
seems to be the best.
I had mild pudding most days in my childhood.As a sweet and sometimes at bed time.Extra milk was always made into various custards semolina tapioca..and so on.Trifle.do you have that Chatty.
Moutain ash

#160053 - 09/16/08 08:21 PM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: Mountain Ash]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
MA, I'm not certain of the brand anymore of the tapioca because I buy it in bulk from the health food store and then transfer the tapioca to an airtight container. I've had mine awhile and don't remember the brand name off hand.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#160107 - 09/17/08 02:05 PM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: chatty lady]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
ChattyLady and MA..is rice pudding gentle to the tummy? We make something called "rice porridge" here that is supposed to very very good for runny tummies. We actually make rice pudding or something very like it at Christmas time. And whoever finds the almond will be very rich or lucky the following year grin don´t we do about the same thing at Christmastime in the US? Or parts of it??

I may be traveling to the US at Christmastime to be with my daughter and her family and my son..you know, the one who got away. wink That would be Pennsylvania..

#160118 - 09/17/08 03:09 PM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: humlan]
Mountain Ash Offline

Yes rice is kind to the tummy...unless your IBS is a reaction to mild then no.
Have you used slippery elm for your tummy...do look it up
Mountain ash

#160130 - 09/17/08 04:20 PM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This thread reminds me of how quickly we can go from feeling balanced to a total feeling of unbalance. This past week has been a doozie. I feel good after my quiet time, but am not able to caryy that peaceful feeling for too long with all that's going on. This too shall pass.

humlan, not sure where in PA you're going, but I'd love to visit you if you have time.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved