The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 110 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#158449 - 09/01/08 10:32 PM Republican National Convention
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi. I dunno, but I think that NOT having the full convention may be detrimental to McCain's race. Today is a huge news day.

#158469 - 09/02/08 05:56 PM Re: Republican National Convention [Re: Princess Lenora]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Princess,

I think I may watch some of the convention . I would like to hear all the issues and what some have to say . I agree that this could be detrimental to the McCain race if they did not have a full convention . I did see his wife Cindy with Laura Bush make a speech . She carrys herself very well and is a good speaker .

I think that the delegates started coming intoday for the convention .

Renee

#158477 - 09/02/08 06:47 PM Re: Republican National Convention [Re: Sadie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
IMO Mrs. McCain is a lovely looking lady. She's stylish and elegant. I know she's wealthy but she also has a heart. And like
Eagle said, heart-love is all important. That you can't buy.
I still don't know how to vote but I do know I wish all the
candidates well.

#158484 - 09/02/08 07:10 PM Re: Republican National Convention [Re: jabber]
Princess Lenora Offline

Yes, Cindy McCain is an heiress of a fortune. I'm just watching and waiting to see who gets my vote. I have not veered from my "party" in years, but this year, it's a whole new ball game! Thanks for weighing in Jabber & Renee.

#158490 - 09/02/08 07:19 PM Re: Republican National Convention [Re: Sadie]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
I, too, am looking forward to hearing more about the Republican platform, and I am quite excited (first time in years) about the VP candidate, GOVERNOR Sarah Palin.

As an Independent, I have voted both sides of the aisle. I do not like Obama for several reasons, and was disappointed when the very capable Hillary Clinton bowed to her party's wishes by supporting Obama in order to secure a future national nomination. (She obviously does not like Barack and said several times he is not qualified to be President.)

I'm so looking forward to hearing from GOVERNOR Palin, who seems to know much more about REAL people issues than Washington insiders. Senator Biden lives near me, and I feel there are reasons why both his Presidential bids failed. He spent over 30 years in Washington and he fits in with the "good old boys club" quite well.

Time and time again, McCain/Palin seem to reflect people interests over party interests. I like that. It's new and different. I want to hear more from them.

#158492 - 09/02/08 07:25 PM Re: Republican National Convention [Re: Princess Lenora]
Josie Offline

Cindy's parents sold every possession they had in order to raise $10,000 to start what eventually became a hugely successful business. Which is why I do not begrudge their family the houses they now own.

Her family came by their money with very hard work over a lot of years, and I do not think they should be penalized for having achieved the great American dream.

Funny how media spin can make nothing look like something. lol

#158495 - 09/02/08 07:37 PM Re: Republican National Convention [Re: Josie]
Princess Lenora Offline

Hi Josie, I for one appreciate your comments. How is Cindy and her family penalized for having the American dream? Do you mean because McCain got backlash for not knowing how many houses they owned? (I see you are in NJ, which is where I grew up). Now I am hearing from the news that with Palin, family should come first. Everybody has an opinion when one is in public office.

#158509 - 09/02/08 09:12 PM Re: Republican National Convention [Re: Princess Lenora]
Josie Offline

HI Princess Lenora! Yup, The McCain backlash about how many homes were owned by the family was what I was referring to. Since most or all real estate might be in his wife's family name, "Hensley," maybe McCain did not know how to answer the question, as he is used to giving honest answers and honestly didn't know whose name is on what deeds. The liberal press sure ran with negative spin on THAT one. No one pointed out that Cindy continues to be an active philanthropist and serves on the boards of several charitable organizations. Or that she and John adopted one of Mother Teresa's "poorest of the poor."

I cannot remember a time when any Presidential or Vice-Presidential candidate was anything less than a multi-millionaire, which no one ever points out. That being said, it is possible that the VP candidate, Governor Palin, is not a millionaire.

As soon as she became Governor, she sold the gubernatorial plane, got rid of the chefs, cut her salary dramatically, and said no to the "Bridge to Nowhere program," instead sending a $1200 check to each Alaskan family. She does not believe in wasteful government spending and wanted to return the money back to the people.

If she said her family is always first with her, I'd love to hear the context the statement was said in. But it sounds like a statement a mom would make. And within that framework, Palin was able to do amazing things as Governor within her first 18 months of office.

I just caught former NY Mayor Giuliani saying on CNN that when he became Mayor of NYC, he performed his greatest accomplishments within the first 18 months. I LOVE how he cleaned up the once seedy Times Square. People complained about him, but he got thejob done.

#158530 - 09/02/08 11:32 PM Re: Republican National Convention [Re: Josie]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Princess,

Just one more question about Cindy McCain didn't she inherit the Budwister Beer company ? Or am I wrong on that ? This really wonderful taking about the convention and we are so calm and peaseful about it . Princess you are doing a great job with this discussion .

Renee

#158531 - 09/02/08 11:56 PM Re: Republican National Convention [Re: Sadie]
Princess Lenora Offline

Renee, I was hoping we could just talk about the campaign without taking sides, and so far so good! I think Josie might know better than me about Cindy McCains background. I believe her family has something to do with Anheuser Bush Beer (spelling?) It takes a boatload of money to campaign. Josie, it's not that anyone heard Palin say that family comes first. The televised sound bite was of the opinion that Palin "should" put her family first. Governor Palin has a high threshold for coping. I'm so interested in hearing more. It (the campaign) isn't over until... it's over. And then some. L

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved