The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 136 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#158466 - 09/02/08 05:42 PM Re: New Fall Fashion [Re: Eagle Heart]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Eagle Heart,
Those vests sound like a real treat and I wish I had one! How excellent is that?
It sounds like a good project for someone who can sew or has a seamstress!

Color this year is POW, loud, crayon colors but I think it will get to places like the midwest late in the season if not next season.

New lines showed bright colors of all hues and encouraged things like bright lime, pinks with blue in them and other unique colors, aside from the crayon colours.

I'm not really going to go for the colors myself, I wear mostly black anyway and if I add a dash of color it might be an accessory.

I'm planning a new Louis Vuitton purse this season and I just bought a black dress with wood details. It is short, to the knee, which is my best length.

It's good to go to a place where you can get to know a salesperson or two that know your body and your size so they can work with you on new merchandise and help you weed through all the offerings.

Best,
Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#160805 - 09/24/08 10:35 AM Re: New Fall Fashion [Re: gims]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I saw a fashion show tonight for older women say 40 to 80 and the fashions were lovely, the colors bright, and the fabrics, soft and silky. None of the MA KETTLE look. Women aren't standing for the dowdy look anymore. We want color and style no matter what our ages are, wouldn't you agree?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#160847 - 09/24/08 07:53 PM Re: New Fall Fashion [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, there's a lot being written about clothing for boomer women. Seems we don't want to wear the same clothing as our daughters or granddaughters, nor do we want to dress like Mom. I think the fashion industry is trying to figure us out. Glad to hear you saw some appropriate clothes that were fashionable.

#160940 - 09/25/08 02:19 PM Re: New Fall Fashion [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Speaking of this - here's a site for you:

www.notyourdaughtersjeans.com

This company was launched a couple years ago by a family (siblings) and they're doing very well. They're even being sold at Nordstrom's. Check it out.

#160989 - 09/25/08 07:48 PM Re: New Fall Fashion [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I did see some of the same styles at the fashion show. I was very impressed with what the designers are showing for older women, the clothes have style, color and the prices are affordable as well. FINALLY!!!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved