The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 190 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#156285 - 08/14/08 03:54 AM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: ]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Anne327
They are, and always have been, a plot against women! shocked Since we found out and these $$$$&^& things went out of style, the nation's women collectively saved about 10 million dollars......

LOL anne, you made me laugh!!! laugh laugh
Have you ever wondered why women wear skirts and men wear pants? I've wondered that since I was a child - the anatomy vs. style just never seemed to fit in my young child's mind.

#156374 - 08/14/08 04:35 PM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: gims]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
When I have to dress up I still wear good 'ol pantyhose with skirts or dresses (no matter what the season is). But I have to say that it's very infrequently nowadays that I have to. I spend my days in jeans or shorts and wear my scrubs by night so life is fairly comfortable. I can't imagine how my mother could wear pantyhose daily even under pants....ewwwww.

#156378 - 08/14/08 05:11 PM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: ladyjane]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
If Mom didn't wear her pantyhose under her slacks, she would get the flu. How is it possible? I don't know but whenever she got the flu she said, "Everytime I don't wear my pantyhose, I get the flu." I loved the stockings with the seam up the back, did you? A few years ago I wore them to a fancy event and I had too many men comment on my great legs. I think they really meanth the stockings. Never got that compliment with regular ones. smile

#156387 - 08/14/08 06:20 PM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: chickadee]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Oh yes, those sexy seamed stockings were a hit. When I felt/feel a little risque I've been known to wear the thigh highs with just garters. No one else knows except for hubby !!

#156398 - 08/14/08 07:07 PM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Mountain Ash Offline

I wear pantihose in the Autumn/Winter.Dark colours to match shoes black/brown wine forest green.
Never with trousers then I wear long socks without tight elastic.Hard to find.. and recently as summer is fading here I wore a skirt and pantihose to go for a meal.Unheard of in August usually.One thing I remember is that my first pantihose were very costly and as they became popular the price reduced.
Mountain ash

#156408 - 08/14/08 07:21 PM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: ]
keyholes Offline

Loc: Ohio the heart of it all
Anne, this might be a good laugh. Remember manihose? They actually made and sold those back in the 70s....oh I remember my dad howling in laughter when he saw a pair. He took me and my mom shopping at the Lion Store in Toledo. He saw a mannequin wearing a pair and I thought he was going to bust a gut laughing so hard.

#156451 - 08/15/08 01:44 AM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: keyholes]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I was never able to get the seam straight up the back of the leg. I haven't heard about getting the flu if you don't wear pantyhose under the slacks!

#156456 - 08/15/08 01:59 AM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Just recently I was thinking of getting rid of all my hose, except my tights. (I wear them underneath pants in wintertime since we continue our market all year 'round.)

The last time I wore hose was, I think, four years ago. Maybe longer, just before I quit working for someone else.

I don't think I ever want to wear pantyhose again! But why do I hang onto them?

#156561 - 08/15/08 09:55 PM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: ]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I think that was regular pantyhose. Here's a clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf3oOQq9KFU&feature=related

#156622 - 08/16/08 03:10 PM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: ]
keyholes Offline

Loc: Ohio the heart of it all
I forgot about that one LOL!! I googled manihose and only found one decent hit, but it's a pay site. It does have an image of an advertisement for manihose:

http://tinyurl.com/6eosa4

Personally, it might be a good thing for someone like John Edwards. More difficult to... whistle blush

Makes me want to pop in my DVD of Monty Python's Men In Tights!!!!

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved