The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#156640 - 08/16/08 07:17 PM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: keyholes]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
LOL, keyholes, glad I didn't buy into that stock!

#156696 - 08/17/08 07:18 PM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: gims]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Don'tcha just hate pantyhose??? Must have been designed by some stupid man who wouldn't have to wear them. Girdles and pantyhose, and Chinese water torture all belong in the same catagory...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#156790 - 08/18/08 09:25 PM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
keyholes, what a riot?

I can't recall what movie it was, but I remember seeing amovie where the man was putting on pantyhose in the bathroom and it was a real scene. It was a riot. What movie was that?

#156801 - 08/18/08 10:32 PM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: Dotsie]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
I think it was What A Women Wants with Mel Gibson.

#162452 - 10/12/08 12:03 AM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: Cookie]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
The following advice came from the front page of Dotsie's newsletter. It is from the MORE convention where Isaac Mazarati (the fashion designer) was a guest. He said:

"Do not wear nude stockings."

My question is, in the winter, with skirts, do we wear tights? I do Not like the Vera Wang signature style. She wears tights with everything, and it looks stupid to me. If we wear tights, what kind of tights? Opaque, sheer?

#162460 - 10/12/08 11:53 AM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Cookie, that's right. That movie was a hoot, wasn't it?

I'm not in my office right now, but I'll check my notes from Isaac to see what else he said about hose.

I saw lots of patterned hose while in NYC. He didn't mentin them, but I saw many women wearing them, and saw them for sale in lots of stores. They're a little too funky for me.

#162476 - 10/12/08 05:36 PM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: Dotsie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I too loved that movie. It was so funny, especially when his daughter walked in on him.

I love wearing tights in the winter. I don't give a rip what Isaac or anyone else says.

#162504 - 10/13/08 12:58 AM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: jawjaw]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I don' mind wearing pantyhose. And did wear them when I worked in more formal workplaces.. I actually have to take time to find pantyhose in my size...small...usually not readily available since stores don't stock them in great quantities.

I don't like wearing dark tights because my leg skin in winter is dry and it does flake abit...which for dark tights just doesn't do anything for me.

Yes, I do change out of cycling clothing when I get to work...and put on pantyhose and a skirt, etc.

I do remember as a teenager in 1970's wearing purple hose, dark tangerine hose...

No, I will never wear stockings. I did wear stockings for a short while, with stocking holders..I welcomed the invention of pantyhose!!!!!!!

#162506 - 10/13/08 05:59 AM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: orchid]
Mij Offline

grin

#162510 - 10/13/08 01:49 PM Re: stockings, pantyhose anyone? [Re: Mij]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Mij, love the old story. I never wore them, but recall that my older sister did. I went right in to pantyhose and tights. I like tights because they are warmer!

I checked my notes and Isaac mentioned brown pantyhose. NOt sure exactly what he meant by that, but I jotted it down as he was speaking. Not that we listen to everything he says, but just wanted to share what's hot.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved